• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Yang: Trust in the PAP has been shattered.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot-2023-07-24-083247.png

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just thinking he speaking these for himself or other people?
How he know other's trust been shattered unless other people told him?
Did other people told him ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to NS slavery, I had woken up to the ugly truth about the PAP regime long ago. :biggrin:

There will come a time when the only people supporting the PAP, apart from the cronies and special interest groups, are:

1) Shallow women, i.e. those who enjoy cafe hopping and doing mirror selfies, and lusting after Korean oppas.

2) FTs, especially the newly minted citizens from Malaysia.

3) Old farts intoxicated on nostalgia of the good old days under the young firebrand LKY, and they somehow believe his useless son has been doing a great job.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My trust in SAF has also been shattered after one BG run road to avoid an innocuous police interview. :rolleyes:
My trust in the police force has also been shattered. The police force should go after real criminals and not act as the long tentacles of the PAP to prosecute political sinners/offenders or the case may be. It is not something inconsequential or innocuous to be summoned by the police for an interview; more so given the background and baggage of the Lee siblings' very public spat!

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My trust in spf has totally shattered too.
They catch peasant who vape but ownself vaping.
This one not to be ignored as the fines those peasant received was in thousands to hundreds of ks. No joke.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Hsien Yang says scandals have shattered people's trust in PM Lee's regime - Singapore News​

1a93-696x385.jpg
AFP
"Wei Ling and I stated in June 2017 that “We do not trust Lee Hsien Loong as a brother or as a leader.” These latest facts speak volumes. Hsien Loong’s regime does not deserve Singaporeans’ trust," Lee Hsien Yang wrote on his FB page
SINGAPORE: Lee Hsien Yang has again denounced faith in his estranged elder brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s regime, pointing to a spate of recent scandals that have gripped headlines.
Mr Lee Hsien Yang said on Facebook this evening (23 July) that trust in his brother and his late father’s party, the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP), “has been shattered”.
Pointing to his brother’s recent remarks that the people trust the PAP because of the party’s high standards of propriety and personal conduct and its commitment to stay clean and incorrupt, Mr Lee Hsien Yang said: “Trust has to be earned. It cannot simply be inherited.”
The younger Lee pointed to a series of controversies such as the Ridout Road rentals, the corruption cases involving two Temasek companies, the exaggerated circulation numbers scandal involving SPH Media, the arrest of Transport Minister S Iswaran as part of an ongoing corruption probe and the recent resignations of two PAP MPs due to an extramarital affair that the PM had known about for two years.
He asserted: “Wei Ling and I stated in June 2017 that “We do not trust Lee Hsien Loong as a brother or as a leader.” These latest facts speak volumes. Hsien Loong’s regime does not deserve Singaporeans’ trust.”
The Lee family feud has gripped Singapore for over five years after it became public in 2017, following the death of founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. The late elder statesman’s younger children, Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang, accused their elder brother Lee Hsien Loong of abusing his power as prime minister to advance his political interests.
They also accused their elder brother of trying to undermine their father’s legacy by seeking to preserve the house against their father’s wishes and use it to bolster his political credentials. PM Lee denied the allegations, and Parliament absolved him.
Meanwhile, his siblings continued to publicly criticize him. The dispute was eventually resolved through a private family settlement in 2019, which saw PM Lee agreeing to respect his father’s wishes and allow the house to be demolished after his death.
In 2018, a year after the dispute became public, PM Lee described the family feud as “abeyance.” He said, “I’m not sure if it’s solved,” before adding that he was still saddened by the dispute over the siblings’ family home. He expressed hope that relations with his siblings will improve in future when “emotions have subsided.”
Taking issue with his brother’s words, Mr Lee Hsien Yang hit back: “Our brother says he is unsure that the feud is solved. Notwithstanding his public statements, Hsien Loong has made no attempt to reach out to us to resolve matters in private.”
Mr Lee’s son, Li Shengwu, was subsequently found guilty of contempt of court and fined S$15,000 plus being ordered to pay S$8,500 for costs of proceedings and another S$8,070 for disbursements after being found guilty of contempt of court for a private friends-only Facebook post he made referring to the feud.
Mr Li, a renowned assistant economics professor at Harvard University who was awarded the prestigious Sloan Fellowship, paid the fine but did not attend the hearing.
Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s wife, Lee Suet Fern, was also suspended from her legal practice for 15 months for misconduct in November 2020 relating to Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s last will.
In March, Senior Minister Teo Chee Hean revealed that Mr Lee Hsien Yang and his wife are under a police probe for possibly lying in judicial proceedings about Lee Kuan Yew’s will. Dubbing this latest action “continued persecution,” Mr Lee and his wife have moved to an undisclosed location in Europe.
The couple were not able to be back in Singapore during Mrs Lee’s father’s passing and funeral, as well.
Send in your scoops to [email protected]

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
As bad as Tan Chuan Jin shattering Cheng Li Hui's hymen?
I wonder if TCJ cheated on his wife out of resentment at her giving birth to an autistic son. Having a child with a birth defects/intellectual disability can really undermine a relationship as each partner would blame each other for the "bad genes" responsible for the abnormal baby

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whle we all welcome his comments and insight, there has to come a time when he has to stand up and fight against his brother in an election
and show others his willingness to sacrifice as an example .
There is only so much talking can do as this forum clearly illustrates.
All the hundreds or even thousands of pages of anti PAP vitriol here (mine included) has YET to achieve anything .

Last edited: