• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong: I am very sad the Workers’ Party only know how to criticise snidely

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...ers-party-only-know-how-to-criticise-snidely/

[h=1]Lee Hsien Loong: I am very sad the Workers’ Party only know how to criticise snidely[/h]admin / 15 hours ago July 23, 2015

In today’s (July 23) release of the transcript of his interview with US-based TIME Magazine, PM Lee Hsien Loong said that he “welcome” criticisms especially when they are raised in Parliament. However, he is very sad that the Opposition Workers’ Party’s criticism “comes snidely and round the corner”:
“…the problem is criticism comes snidely and round the corner…
When we face the critics across the aisle in (Parliament) with the television cameras on, their criticism withers. It’s very sad.”

Photo of Lee Hsien Loong from Yahoo Singapore

PM Lee Hsien Loong also said that in an “Asian society” like Singapore, he has to sue Roy Ngerng or else he does not deserve to be the Prime Minister:
“If it’s true, the Prime Minister should be charged and jailed. If it’s not true, the matter must be clarified and the best way to do that is by settling in Court.

There must be clarity. Somebody says very bad things about me, I don’t clear my name, do I deserve to be here or not? In an Asian society, particularly, if the leader can’t maintain his standing, he doesn’t deserve to be there. He will soon be gone.”
When questioned by the interviewer about freedom of speech with particular reference to Amos Yee, PM Lee said that freedom is limited by a balance with the rule of law and that freedom of speech operates only within certain constraints. PM Lee also said that it is easier to give and take offence in the Internet and “it is necessary to learn where the limits are”.

With regards to questions about his father’s demise, PM Lee said that Singapore has strengthened economically instead even when there were an outpour of grief.
“The stock market didn’t crash, investors didn’t panic, confidence was maintained. In fact, at the end of that, I think confidence was strengthened. I think we’re not in a bad spot.”
PM Lee however revealed that his father Lee Kuan Yew had indeed interfered in his decision before:
“Only very rarely did he assert a strong view and asked us to please rethink something.”
As for the inequality, PM Lee admitted that it is a problem to bridge the income gap between tertiary-educated and the rest:
“For us to have an economy which can generate that quality of jobs and uplift their living standards, and at the same time uplift those who didn’t go to university where you don’t have a wide gap between tertiary-educated and the rest… I think that is a big challenge.”

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lee Hsien Loong: I am very sad the Workers’ Party only know how to criticise snid

Very sad indeed. Mock and snigger during election rallies, then timid like mice in parliament. Where is the money, Low? Where is it?

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lee Hsien Loong: I am very sad the Workers’ Party only know how to criticise snid

Very sad indeed. Mock and snigger during election rallies, then timid like mice in parliament. Where is the money, Low? Where is it?

We are even MORE SAD that mojito has become PAY AND PAY Dog slave....sigh :(

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is very very true. I am very disappointed too.

They(WP) raise an issue and whisper into the dark corners.
Non-persistent and wanting a 1st WORLD PARLIAMENTARY?;
I think Secondary Schools debaters are much better.
If not, Amos.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lying low, lying eyes. He already got $15k x 12 month x 25 yrs = $4.5 Million
What more he wants to fight for you while he is still amassing.?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am very sad that PAP only stab us in the back, do things we do not wish happening & when caught tells us in it in our best interestes
How come we dun know when things are in our best intrest?? Are we stupid of you can see the future better?
Why did you give away 348,000 of our jobs to F TRashes?????????????????????????????????????????? VTO

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lying low, lying eyes. He already got $15k x 12 month x 25 yrs = $4.5 Million
What more he wants to fight for you while he is still amassing.?

wat was that compared to what Nathan took in 2 terms????

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lee Hsien Loong, I am very sad that you are still alive. :(

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

wait till Ah Roy and Amos Yee gets into Parliament!

Parliament will be more fun to watch!

jw5

Loyal

Criticism should never be done snidely and round the corner, but directly straight down the cul-de-sac with knuckledusters in the pockets. :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's what he did, throw the punches inside his panty and bust his testicles.. end up walking like gu niang.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We are even MORE SAD that mojito has become PAY AND PAY Dog slave....sigh :(

Why you sad for a traitor?
I relish they day we dangle him by piano wires

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

He desperately needs face and respect even from 16-yrs old child:wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LHL won't survive in the real cut throat politics of America or the gentlemanly British political arena.

He thinks that he should NOT answer for any of his policy, that he is the emperor and everyone else should just listen and do. Wake up, LHL. Soon, you will be out of a job. Maybe also be in jail.

Toss out the PAP and let's find the skeletons in the closet. Can't wait to see PAP ministars in jail.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

& we are very sad and feel bettrayed that papigs do traitorous things behind our backs....... even the blind & dumb can see all the dirty thing papigs have done. Regretable that even upright pple doing all these dirty things!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Hsien Loong, I am very sad that you are still alive. :(

twice avoided cancer.........3rd time comes with a super wham made worse by F Trash Ah Neh doctors imported form U of Mumbai n Cheebai