• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee family feud, Halimah Yacob and Nasi Lemak burger top Singapore headlines for 2017

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yahoo has revealed the biggest trending topics for Singaporeans in 2017, with the Lee family saga, the battle for Marawi and the election of Halimah Yacob taking the top three spots.

The family affairs of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was the favourite topic for Singaporean, with the dispute over Lee Kuan Yew’s former Oxley Road home leading the list of top ten searches and local headlines.

Coming in second place on both search and in media headlines was the walkover presidential election of Halimah Yacob, famously Singapore’s first election reserved only for Malay candidates.

Put together by Yahoo’s editorial based on the volume of coverage and buzz around the stories, other top searches included the battle for the Philippines city of Marawi, which was held under siege by terrorist group Abu Sayyaf.

Meanwhile, a host of headline-grabbing politicians, including Donald Trump, Rodrigo Duterte and Kim Jong Un, cemented their places on the most-searched list respectively.

More at https://www.mumbrella.asia/2017/12/...l-walkover-top-yahoos-searches-singapore-2017

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does the battle of marawi has to do with singapore?
How would yahoo knows the user is a Singaporean?
I can only reach one conclusion -a lot of Pinoys working in singapore are not working but using the internet during office hours!
The most searched list also includes Rodrigo Duterte and Abu Sayyaf.
Good luck to all these companies paying lots of overtime to pinoys (for surfing the net!).
Don't believe -just stay back in office and see what your Pinoys are doing on the computer and claiming overtime for!
Locals should be surfing on topics like CPF, HDB, NS , ect2

Of course my hypothesis could be completely wrong which may mean that Pinoys are now the largest group in Singapore, followed by Chinese?
What a great achievement for the pappy!

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only reach one conclusion -a lot of Pinoys working in singapore are not working but using the internet during office hours!
Good luck to all these companies paying lots of overtime to pinoys (for surfing the net!).
Don't believe -just stay back in office and see what your Pinoys are doing on the computer and claiming overtime for!

Of course my hypothesis could be completely wrong which may mean that Pinoys are now the largest group in Singapore, followed by Chinese?
my uncle say the pinoy cockroaches are spawning and collecting salary.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there anything you can do beside kpkb in the forum? After you posted it in this forum, things will still remain the same as it is before.

The pinoy will just showed you a huge middle finger and tell you that you go suck thumb. It's your country and you cannot do anything about it. Standing under your sg flag and allow all the shit to happen to you. This is so funny.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there anything you can do beside kpkb in the forum? After you posted it in this forum, things will still remain the same as it is before.

The pinoy will just showed you a huge middle finger and tell you that you go suck thumb. It's your country and you cannot do anything about it. Standing under your sg flag and allow all the shit to happen to you. This is so funny.

For a start you can vote them out of power-but in the meantime kpkb will help to create awareness and hopefully galvanise some people to vote correctly BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
The other things you can do is to support local instead of foreign eg I will not buy from shops that are 100% staffed by foreigners eg
JollyBee, Kenny Rogers Roasters and will not entertain telemarketers or insurance agents/credit card agents who are foreigners (mostly Pinoys) .I will not employ a Pinoy maid also.
If everyone do their little part, hopefully things MAY change-rather than just lie down and be trampled over by them