• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Con You's Brother in Law also just kick bucket

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ok, its actually's gecko's brother in law, but still they are still BILs. Well, got to rouse the old goat out of bed, put on his Nike runners, and go to another funeral parlour. I am really dissappointed in the grim reaper. wowo until like that. All his shots landing on targets around Old Goat, but not on Old Goat. WTF, not chun at all. By the way, I never knew Old Goat had a relative serving as a minister in his own cabinet. Should this info not have been revealed?

SINGAPORE, June 30 — Yong Nyuk Lin, one of Singapore's pioneer ministers, has died. He was 94.

The Straits Times newspaper quoted family members as saying that Yong died yesterday at the Singapore General Hospital.

It said he is survived by his wife, Kwa Geok Lan, two daughters, Siu Len and Siu Li, and four granddaughters.

Yong's wife is the elder sister of former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew's late wife Kwa Geok Choo.

Yong's death marks the passing of another member of the old guard who served in Singapore's first Cabinet when it achieved self-government in 1959.

Yong was among the ministers who signed the Separation Agreement in 1965 that declared Singapore's independence after it ended its 23-month union with Malaysia. — Bernama

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How convenient that Tony failed to mention that Yong is his uncle, and hence reveal he is related to Old Goat. This kind of deceitful bastard in charge of our national reserves? Good luck to us.

SINGAPORE - President Tony Tan Keng Yam said Singapore has lost a trusted and brilliant man in the late Mr Yong Nyuk Lin, who served in Singapore's first Cabinet from 1959 to 1976.

Mr Yong died on Friday at age 94.

In a statement, President Tan who is on an official visit to Germany, said Mr Yong will be remembered as one of the country's founding fathers who made a lasting impact towards the progress of what Singapore is today.

During his political career, Mr Yong helmed the Education, Health and Communications Ministries.

Dr Tan said Mr Yong played a pivotal role in shaping modern Singapore through policies to increase access to education, enhance health care service and improve public transportation.

He also said he wished to convey his deepest condolences to the family of Mr Yong. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

KinKeeChiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, its actually's gecko's brother in law, but still they are still BILs. Well, got to rouse the old goat out of bed, put on his Nike runners, and go to another funeral parlour. I am really dissappointed in the grim reaper. wowo until like that. All his shots landing on targets around Old Goat, but not on Old Goat. WTF, not chun at all. By the way, I never knew Old Goat had a relative serving as a minister in his own cabinet. Should this info not have been revealed?

Countdown has started. :wink:

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yong Nyuk Lin in the 1970s when he was Minister of Communications started the fringe cark parks, where you could park your car for free and take public transportation.

Millions of dollars were spent to build those fringe carparks and pursuade car drivers to use public transportation in an attempt to ease the traffic congestion.

You can guess the futile attempt and a waste of public funds.

Later, he was made the Singpore High Commissioner in London.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
long long ago , there was a tv show called Six Million Dollars Man.
at that time there was rumour going round and this man was also called a six million dollars man.
maybe my mistake and it was someone else.
anyone remember ?

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
long long ago , there was a tv show called Six Million Dollars Man.
at that time there was rumour going round and this man was also called a six million dollars man.
maybe my mistake and it was someone else.
anyone remember ?

Yes, 6 million dollars was spent on building fringe carparks around the island.

A huge sum in taxpayer's money in those days.