• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Learning golf?

Platinum337

You can learn yourself without paying expensive hourly fees for coaching. Search 'golf swing' on youtube and you will find many famous teaching pros like David Leadbetter, John Lubin etc.....sharing their ideas. Watch these videos times & again to understand the key points & put them into practice at driving range.Practice makes perfect-you MUST practice at least tiwce weekly. Besides this, try to make friends with good golfers (handicap 18 or less & at least 5 years in the game as matured golfer, remember to buy them drinks as a matter of courtesy and token of appreciation) to check your swing. At the same time, join a few good friends to form your 'kaki' but NOT to involve big betting (this is not a gambling game) and I believe you will enjoy this game for a life time. HAPPY GOLFING!

Platinum337

Oh yes! nearly missed out. You should make your learning process in stages:
Good & correct grip-posture-swinging the club (iron/fairwood/driver)-short game (pitching/chipping/bunker shot/putting). Remenber, NOT SHORT CUT! Learn each of them one by one (do not learn to run before you can walk). Read up some free golf magazines (available at driving range) where you can get good tips from the pros. Most important of all, learn the rules and etiquettes and practice them when you play.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
you did not ask for cheatest or fastest way to learn golf, I suggest you get the pro to start you with, you can learn from begining by yourself but if you pick up a wrong points or bad habit they will stick with you and difficult to get rid in the future. you can approach a pro at any driving range but one of the best that I can recommend is Mr Phua Thin Kiay at executive course, Mandai

Carrera

Alfrescian
Loyal
Euro2008, if u need a golf kaki, u can PM me. I jus started last year. I learn in Seletar Base Driving range. Stil very much a beginner. Go take your golf lessons then we can golf together.
~~~

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the easiest would be to get a pro to coach you.

Learning by yourself through imitation / reading... etc... is just too prone to error and takes alot of energy. You'll pickup alot of bad habits which need to be "unlearned" later on if you want to improve.

Experienced golfers may be great on the green, but may not be able to articulate the nuances of the swing to you.