• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[leaked convo] CCS: I will not allow Chinese tourist arrivals to grow by more than 20 percent

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now let’s be very frank ah. Just now I was very blunt already.

Some of you have to change the business model one.

If you don’t change the business model, and you become... if you don’t diversify and have concentration risk, even if we help you this time, we cannot help you the next time.

So if we help you, can sumpah or not?

We make sure we help you, but you all must help yourself. Ok?

If we still have not learned the lesson about diversification, and I don’t mean just China.

I mean China, India and everything ah, we better learn it fast.

Because it affects you, it affects me, it affects all of us.

Tourism in Singapore not numbers game
So I give you an example. Tourism.

Actually, do you know that in Singapore, our tourist market can grow up even faster.

I got tonnes of tourists queuing up to come to Singapore.

You know that I tell STB, don’t take them. We now don’t go for numbers game.

And I will not allow the Chinese tourists to grow more than 20 percent.

More at https://tinyurI.com/5cpa2byu

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds sensible.... focus on higher spending tourists.

good to take precautions against over reliance on china. just look at Taiwan and their pineapples.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sounds sensible.... focus on higher spending tourists.

good to take precautions against over reliance on china. just look at Taiwan and their pineapples.

The Tiongs are (were?) deemed to be the higher spending tourists. That's why at quite a lot of the touristy places, Wechat Pay or Alipay is advertised as a recommended mode of payment. :biggrin:

I miss those days of navigating though the swarm of Tiong tourists clusterfucking at the base of the Merlion statue in Sentosa. Now the statue is demolished, and they are no longer there. :wink:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Difficult to imagine the crap that will come from his mouth if he had even worked
two days in the real private sector.