• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leaked audio clip of Kee Chiu -SCCI meeting transcribed!!!!!!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
...but this silly thing you talk about social media right.

Everybody start to run for a surgical mask , but is the surgical mask the solution or not?

Thn if the surgical mask is not the solution, and no matter how many millions of mask we have, we will not have enough!

And the whole world is fighting for this right now as we speak. The mask used to be 20 cents 1 piece now is $2 1 piece, and now you pay $3 also may not get a mask, so is a very difficult decision.

If we don't issue mask and you don't issue surgical mask, everybody scold us, everybody say that we don't care. If we issue surgical mask and give everybody surgical mask just to make them feel shiok shiok,
becoz they say carrie lam wear mask right, at the conference right. So everybody must wear mask right. Today you see newspaper what is happening to HK now, what is SCMP just report about hk. huh.

They are down to 1 month supply of masks for their medical people. which means that when their medical people don't even get a mask, you think that they dare to take care of the sick people?

If we have done like what HK has done without thinking and ask Carrie lam if PM, myself, Lawrence wong , Gan Kim Yong, go to press conference, everybody wear a mask, today everybody panic, I can guarantee you today our hospital system would have broken down.

There will be no more surgical masks for our hospital people. because people will have all used up like tissue paper. If every Singaporean use a surgical mask. 1 day we will burn 5 million surgical mask if not more.

And since we don't know how long we got to fight this war, and the supply lines are cut already right,
how long must we conserve the surgical mask to make sure our medical system still can work. it could be 3 months, it could be 6 months. Correct?

You all now understand the difficulty? But then I have a problem, we have a problem, because everybody is clamoring for a mask and we know that the surgical mask will all be wasted and we end up like Hong Kong one of these days without mask for their medical workers.

So what did we do?

I be frank, we took a gamble. I took a gamble. To calm the nerve, I distribute 4 to everybody to use only when you are sick and go the hospital. To calm the nerves. But to issue 4 to every family, I burn another 5 million masks from my limited stockpile.

[ringtone]

When China now ask for mask right, China is burning at a rate of hundreds of millions per day you know.
Which country and which production line can even meet china's needs, cannot right?
I examine ar, go down to this level. One machine ah. One machine ah. The three ply one.
1 month two million masks next week. one machine.

So we took a gamble. give people the mask.
that one 'puah hung' leh that one, give you the mask. Don't ganjiong, becuz first of all, why use the mask when it is not community outbreak or anything like that sort. when it is not proven effective.

Keep the surgical mask as much as possible to the medical people first.
Then if the evidence prove so, my next line of people is not to give everybody, my next line of people will be those at the frontline, drivers, service staff or whatever. so we need to prioritize entourage.
So can you see like I have to literally having to do this like a military operation. when to give mask to which group of people tier by tier.

So we hear the bus drivers' concern, the taxi drivers' concern.

We even think of how to save the mask ar. Like during SARS, you know SARS we got no mask right.
or don't have enough of the N95 la. What did we do? we literally wind down the window ah. seriously.
but today ah, the bus want to wind down the window also cannot. All aircon bus. See, first world problem. [laughter]

A lot more at https://tinyurI.com/qwlc44b

Last edited: