• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LBW Saga Teaches Us How to Make Papayas Pee In Pants!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PEOPLE'S POWER!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>I'm sorry, singapore
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Lin Xinyi & Terrence Voon
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS30-JAK.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

'I sincerely apologise for causing any grievances, any stress.' - Ms Lee Bee Wah, acknowledging that the episode spoilt the celebratory mood after Singapore won its first Olympic medal in 48 years
'I can announce quite categorically that the crisis is over.' - Sports Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, who said he spent the week in numerous meetings with all concerned to sort out the problem.
(Let's make this the beginning for the Papayas! From now on, hold them accountable for everything they say and do! Remember, these assholes are the most highly paid and leegally corrupt politicians in the world!)

-- ST PHOTO: TERENCE TAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->'I SINCERELY apologise.'
Ms Lee Bee Wah, the president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA), had those words for the country last night.
Her comments last weekend, that she would replace the Singapore table tennis team manager, unleashed a storm of criticism and calls for her resignation.
In a quavering voice (cos afraid to lose MPee job in next GE?), she said sorry for souring the country's brightest sporting moment in almost half a century.
Facing a throng of close to 30 journalists at a press conference last night, she said: 'It is regretful that this situation happened and turned out the way it did.
'I had made comments which had been misunderstood and had upset some Singaporeans. I sincerely apologise for causing any grievances and any stress.'
She also said: 'Our action has dampened the celebration mood of our fellow Singaporeans.'
With that, she brought to a close one chapter of an episode that sparked unhappiness from all quarters.
Since last weekend Ms Lee, an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, has been criticised by many for spoiling the party mood after the country's first Olympic medal in 48 years.
Just five days after the women's table tennis team took silver at the Beijing Games, she revealed that team manager Antony Lee's services were no longer needed, and that national head coach Liu Guodong's fate would be decided by a coaching committee.
She had been angry after Singapore No. 1 Gao Ning found himself with no coach for his third-round men's singles match and crashed out to a much lower-ranked Croatian.
Ms Lee took over as table tennis chief barely two months ago, on July 4. Though many called for her to step down, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan made it clear last night that she will stay, but she needs some time to get results.
Last night's press conference, held at the STTA's headquarters in Toa Payoh, also made clear that head coach Liu is in talks with Ms Lee to negotiate a new contract.
But team manager Lee will leave the STTA.

=> See, the NSman is the dirt class citizen and the real bumee is the FTrash!

His secondment from the Singapore Sports Council to the association will be extended by three months beyond the end of this month. He will then join the Singapore National Olympic Council.
Dr Balakrishnan said: 'He's gained a lot of experience in dealing in international sports, and I want to leverage on that as we go on in our preparations for the Youth Olympics as well as London 2012.'
There was no question of Mr Lee being sacked, he said.
The minister began the press conference by saying: 'Categorically, the crisis is over.'
He acknowledged more than once that the table tennis controversy had soured the celebratory mood of many Singaporeans rejoicing over the Olympic medal win.
'There have been some mistakes made, there was a lack of communication, there were certainly some misunderstandings, there was some overreaction,' he said.
He described the timing of Ms Lee's comments as ill-conceived, and said he had received many reactions to them.
Flanked by a sombre-looking Ms Lee to his right, and by Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Community Development, Youth and Sports) Teo Ser Luck and chairman of Project 0812 Ng Ser Miang on the left, Dr Balakrishnan said: 'Over the past four days, both Ser Luck and myself - we've met all the players, the coaches, all the key officials. I've had numerous meetings with the senior management and committee of the STTA.'
Also present were glum-faced silver medallists Li Jiawei, Wang Yuegu and Feng Tianwei, as well as the head coach, team manager, Gao Ning and other members of the men's team. They were a sombre group, who said little when called upon to answer reporters' questions.

=> glum at the prospect of having to share the millions in winnings made from the NSmen?

Dr Balakrishnan praised them all for doing their best in Beijing. Looking ahead, he urged Singaporeans to trust in what the association was doing. He and Ms Lee said the table tennis team had a bright future - its immediate challenge is the Volkswagen Women's World Cup in Kuala Lumpur starting next Saturday.
He said: 'This is a team which I believe has great potential for the future.'
Added Ms Lee: 'We assure Singaporeans we will work harder to achieve greater heights, and I hope for their support.'
The next step? Said Mr Ng, a Singapore International Olympic Committee executive board member: 'Let's go back to our celebration.'
To restart them, the table tennis team will be at Ang Mo Kio Hub this morning to greet well-wishers.
[email protected]
MORE REPORTS
[email protected]

Yet more evidence that Old Fart's "Enrich Foreigners, Impoverish Citizens" economic genocide is a FIASCO that will eventually bring about the demise of this cuntry!

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
these assholes are the most highly paid and leegally corrupt politicians in the world!)

Right on. I don't mind if these greedy pigs match their salaries to US office bearers but for them to pay millions to themselves as they please is nothing more than plain corrupt :mad: