• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lawyer held over speeding

G

General Veers

Apr 21, 2010
Lawyer held over speeding

<!-- by line --> By Elena Chong
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_15756161.jpg

--ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

A LAWYER was taken into custody on Monday for failing to show up in court last month for a speeding offence. Leonard Loo (left), 40, a lawyer with 14 years' experience in handling both criminal and civil litigation cases, found himself in a Traffic Police lock-up as a result. Monday had started like any other work day for Loo. He was to represent a client accused of breaching conditions of a pub licence.

Loo said he spent the rest of Monday morning trying to get his arrest warrant cancelled. He said he had been ill with hand, foot and mouth disease last month and missed his court date. He said he was covered by a medical certificate (MC) but it was not submitted to the court to support his request to cancel the arrest warrant.

A mix-up at his office resulted in the wrong MC - one that did not cover him for his court date in March - being sent to the court.
He said: 'I have since given the correct MC to the court and to the Traffic Police, and I believe the matter will be resolved. I am very impressed with the professionalism shown by the courts and the Traffic Police in resolving this issue.'

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.