• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Law favours the rich, & not the poor

director66

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad truth the rich will always have an advantage. Death is the only equalizer. :(

It would be a happy truth for the rich.
Life stinks for the poor chap, rather than bemoan this universal law, concentrate on becoming rich and helping the poor who can't defend themselves.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money can make the ghost push the mill stone! Money can work wonders! That is why we love it soooo much.

Agreed :cool:

It would be a happy truth for the rich.
Life stinks for the poor chap, rather than bemoan this universal law, concentrate on becoming rich and helping the poor who can't defend themselves.

Nah cos they knew e truth all along but kindda go with u on ur 2nd half.:biggrin:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes! The rich have easier access to legal advise while the poor do not. The rich can afford a long drawn legal lawsuit while the poor cannot. The rich have the means to find a legal loophole while the poor do not.

In other words, law favours the rich & not the poor.

coolcum

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, rich people earned their money and so deservingly has the right to use the $ to their advantage

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, rich people earned their money and so deservingly has the right to use the $ to their advantage

that is a viewpoint that considers Money as god

but if you consider people as precious beings, then you will want the constitution to curb the predatory instincts of the rich over the poor

coolcum

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is a viewpoint that considers Money as god

but if you consider people as precious beings, then you will want the constitution to curb the predatory instincts of the rich over the poor

i think in s'pore i dont see the rich expoiting the poor? if the poor accepts what the rich offers him, then its a fair deal. monies make the world go round

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the case which the CEO of the 'green' cab punched another driver due to a road accident.....well he was let off with a fine...& the judge commented that he can understand how the CEO feels when the accident happened. :(

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think in s'pore i dont see the rich expoiting the poor? if the poor accepts what the rich offers him, then its a fair deal. monies make the world go round

not in those areas which affect the health and where the decision made/induced is irreversible

coolcum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the case which the CEO of the 'green' cab punched another driver due to a road accident.....well he was let off with a fine...& the judge commented that he can understand how the CEO feels when the accident happened. :(

well, he was found guilty after all wasn't he?
a negative on his unblemished record

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
any specific examples bro? the poor has no access to healthcare?

regarding your example of poor having no access to healthcare - i cannot recall any country in this world which willingly endorse this;

but your point of poor having no access to healthcare is not related to the rich having the right to do anything they want

nonetheless if what you are actually saying is that the rich can afford better healthcare than the poor, then i would agree for the simple reason that on a human perspective, everyone wants the good life....

however the word is 'can afford', not 'more deserving'

but a just society must put constraints on the exploitation of the rich...some examples would be:

(i) health: organ trading - potential for the rich exploits the poor - forbidden by the constitution of all democratic countries
(ii) politics: using money to buy votes - forbidden by the constitution of all democratic countries
(iii) exploitation of women into slavery or underaged sex - forbidden by the constitution of all democratic countries

thus in these cases, even if you have the money, you still cannot take away the rights of others to their dignity

(note that the voters, underaged girl and the person who sold his organ may all be desperate for money)

thus laws should be made to protect the rights of all; not to enhance the rights of the rich and powerful

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check out today's papers (ST or TNP).

'Let's not rule out organ trading yet' says Health Minister.

Singapore is not ruling out legalising organ trading. :wink:
If it happens, kidneys are very precious items. Imagine 1 for $300,000.

Soundwave

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check out today's papers (ST or TNP).

'Let's not rule out organ trading yet' says Health Minister.

Singapore is not ruling out legalising organ trading. :wink:
If it happens, kidneys are very precious items. Imagine 1 for $300,000.

Don't forget GST! Plus you can use your medisave too! :p Excuse me while I go to a corner and cry now...:(

fat bear

Alfrescian
Loyal
not true as the recent kidney transplant case has shown that even the rich will face the laws if they break it...

all men are equal lah, maybe the rich have a better chance in front of the judge cause he can afford to employ a good lawyer.

Ya loh face the law cost no choice already out. If law doesn't come in cannot leh other country will said thinks. Some more this has been going on for years liao why only now then come out what has the govt been doing. suddenly peanut not enough ah.

dormitory

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice topic for discussion here.

I feel law still favours the rich in Singapore...to a certain extent though... not 100%...but clearly the poor are more at a disadvantage..

In fact, not only in Singapore. In the world also like that. Depends how you see it.