• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: Woman dies after being run over by SBS bus in Sengkang

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
60.1% of sinkies will be like this lady, not alert, assuming everything is fine and dainty. But shit hits you, it's bye bye, no turning back. Cry father mother also no use leow.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look how the SBS driver ran over the lady? wat was he doing? the bus was like goin over her body.
he was not speeding when turning right. if he notice the lady, he will able to e-brake to avoid hitting her.

it was not peak hour too. it seems he chose not to see the lady and ran over her, wtf!:mad:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Shocking video of woman run over by bus

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
To: ALL <NOBR></NOBR>(1 of 1)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[h=1]http://sg.news.yahoo.com/s%E2%80%99poreans-shocked-by-video-of-woman-run-over-by-bus.html[/h][h=1]S’poreans shocked by video of woman run over by bus[/h]
ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<CITE class="byline vcard">By Chua Yini | Yahoo! Newsroom – <ABBR title=2012-04-03T04:46:42Z>15 hours ago</ABBR></CITE>

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?--><!--<root>--><!--</root>-->A YouTube video of a 33-year-old woman who died after being hit by a bus and dragged under it for almost half a minute on Tuesday has gone viral online.

According to the video, the fatal accident occurred as the woman was crossing the road at the junction of Sengkang East Way and Compassvale Road at about 11:20am on Tuesday.

As she reached the mid-point of the road, the unsuspecting woman was run over by SBS Transit Bus Service 159, which was making a right turn at the junction.

The Straits Times reported that the woman was dragged under the bus for about half a minute. The bus driver only stopped the bus after being alerted by other motorists, and the woman was pronounced dead on the spot at 11.35am.

A resident from a HDB estate nearby said that the bus driver then got on the phone and shouted at the passengers in a Chinese accent to leave the bus.

According to CNA, SBS Transit said it is very saddened by the incident and extends its deepest condolences to the family of the victim.

The identities of the bus driver and victim have not been revealed.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how big vehicle drivers drive in prc, who has the bigger vehicle or who dares wins on the road. Most probably, the driver was trying his luck, thinking the lady pedestrian will give way to him.

If this happens in prc, the victims family will hound his for life for constant compensation. He's lucky this happen in sinkieland where sinkies are worth shit, expect the elites.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
60.1% of sinkies will be like this lady, not alert, assuming everything is fine and dainty. But shit hits you, it's bye bye, no turning back. Cry father mother also no use leow.

I'm going to have to agree with you, it looked like she just walked on without even looking left at oncoming turning vehicles.

Nowadays, even for a one-way road, also *MUST* look both sides before crossing.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm going to have to agree with you, it looked like she just walked on without even looking left at oncoming turning vehicles.

Actually lots of bros have warned of this before, people are not aware that the quality of drivers have fallen over the years and still think that people will be penalized hence will not dare to hit them, etc. They are wrong, a car can be a dangerous weapon, saw so many cases where if not for myself or other drivers sounding the horn, a person or a vehicle would have gotten hit.

There should be a public campaign to warn pedestrians against jaywalking or to at least wait for the lights and to look bothways..

Remember, if the driver hits you with his vehicle, at most he goes to jail but will still be able to resume his life, you on the otherhand may go to hospital (and get HOTAed) or worse a morgue after that. Please take crossing the road seriously, despite the famous/latest brand of handphone you have, it cannot generate a force field against cars, buses and lorries (no app for that yet, sorry). Until then, please take care.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
look how the SBS driver ran over the lady? wat was he doing? the bus was like goin over her body.
he was not speeding when turning right. if he notice the lady, he will able to e-brake to avoid hitting her.

it was not peak hour too. it seems he chose not to see the lady and ran over her, wtf!:mad:

Hope that its not like what some folks who suggested that these people may have done that so they can get fired and sent back home without paying their debts.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sentiments exactly. People nowadays assume too much.

One hotspot where you have such pedestrians is at North Bridge Road, just before the turn in to Tan Quee Lan St. The pedestrians there cross the road with their backs facing the oncoming traffic!

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just look both sides. Even when crossing at traffic junction where pedestrian have the right of way, always look out when car are still moving towards the traffic crossing, don't assume they will stop, or stationary vehicle may just dash forward. All it takes is a bo bo driver. Always be alert and ready to react and dash out of danger.

I think the women thought that the bus is just turning and stop at the line, wait for her to cross, then proceed. A very high price to pay for a wrong assumption.

Singapore is no longer what it used to be............ be alert and watch out:(

Ah tiong will not hestitate in buying dead and rotting chicken, cook it and serve it to customers........just for profit.:mad:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah tiong driver most probably thinking the same about the 33 year old woman, that she has no road sense. Those who try crossing roads in prc will understand.

Welcome to cultural difference and integration failure.

I read that she was a 33 year old woman. Such a waste of a life when "Professional" drivers have so low standards of road sense.

AlamakQueen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah tiong driver most probably thinking the same about the 33 year old woman, that she has no road sense. Those who try crossing roads in prc will understand.

Welcome to cultural difference and integration failure.

In Singapore, we are expected to integrate into the foreigners culture and not the other way round

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[The Straits Times reported that the woman was dragged under the bus for about half a minute.]

wtf. the driver only realized he has knocked someone down after 30 seconds?:mad:
this type of driver, how he pass the driving test huh?!:mad:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[The Straits Times reported that the woman was dragged under the bus for about half a minute.]

wtf. the driver only realized he has knocked someone down after 30 seconds?:mad:
this type of driver, how he pass the driving test huh?!:mad:

Since when got quality control one? You see the quality of the immigrants that they allowed into Singapore for the past 3 years and you often will wonder why these shit are allowed in Singapore.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when got quality control one? You see the quality of the immigrants that they allowed into Singapore for the past 3 years and you often will wonder why these shit are allowed in Singapore.
QC failed big time.
broad daylight, non peak hour, turning at slow speed, the woman was wearing bright colour,, how the fuck he can miss her?
knn, his wife told him the day before she is sleeping with their neighbour in China issit?:mad:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There should be a public campaign to warn pedestrians against jaywalking or to at least wait for the lights and to look bothways..

From the video, it shows another woman crossing before she did on the opposite side of the junction. I assume the old lady was in the right but she appears not to look left and right which was wrong even though the green man was flashing. I don't think she was jaywalking but some people think if the green man is in their favour it is ok to cross without bothering to check.

About 3 weeks ago I was about to cross a road with the green man in my favour. I waited before crossing and saw a taxi speeding and jamming his brakes and his taxi crossing over the white line. He saw me and wave apologetically and smile. I just gave the bastard a cold look and cross the road in my mind f**king the taxi driver for driving dangerously. If I had crossed immediately I could have been killed.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the video, it shows another woman crossing before she did on the opposite side of the junction. I assume the old lady was in the right but she appears not to look left and right which was wrong even though the green man was flashing. I don't think she was jaywalking but some people think if the green man is in their favour it is ok to cross without bothering to check.

About 3 weeks ago I was about to cross a road with the green man in my favour. I waited before crossing and saw a taxi speeding and jamming his brakes and his taxi crossing over the white line. He saw me and wave apologetically and smile. I just gave the bastard a cold look and cross the road in my mind f**king the taxi driver for driving dangerously. If I had crossed immediately I could have been killed.

ah what a pity you weren't.