• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LATEST: What A FUCKING Lying Bitch!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either they are stupid, think we are stupid, or they are telling lies.

All of them are highly educated so stupidity is out. They are ALL fucking liars.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">Fkapore <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">7:36 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 2) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">27040.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Grace Fu: Hard to “predict” short term demand for housing

January 11, 2010 by admin
Filed under Headlines

Leave a comment :- Temasek Review

Written by Our Correspondent
Senior Minister of State for National Development Grace Fu told Parliament today that there are adequate housing, facilities and infrastructure to meet the demands of a growing population.
However, there are cases where short-term demand is not met because it is very hard to “predict” such demand, such as for housing.
“This is because there is always a lead time involved,” she said without elaborating more on it.
The National Development Ministry led by Mr Mah Bow Tan had come under intense criticisms from the public of late due to the shortage of public housing for Singaporeans which is exacerbated by a growing population contributed largely by the relentless influx of foreigners.
The floodgates appear to open a few years ago when Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced an ambitious plan to increase Singapore’s population to 6.5 million people via immigration.
A quick check on the HDB Infoweb reveals that the number of HDB flats built between the years 2005 – 2008 are fewer than the preceding four years.
In the face of rising demand and limited supply of flats, the prices of HDB flats sky-rocketed in Singapore, reaching a record peak high in June last year.
Mr Mah admitted lately that he was “caught off guard” by the spike in prices and reassured Singaporeans that HDB flats will remain “affordable” to the majority of the population.
Despite repeated reassurances from HDB and government ministers, there is a prevailing sentiment on the ground that ordinary Singaporeans are being priced out of reach in the public housing market.
Even for those who can afford to pay for these over-priced flats, they will probably have to deplete their CPFs in order to do so.
The situation is worsened by PRs who “spoil” the market by paying higher than market prices for resale flats. For example, one Indonesian PR forked out $653,000 for a four-room resale flat in Queenstown when he could well afford a private apartment.
As prices of new flats are pegged to the recent transaction of resale flats in the vicinity, this contributes indirectly to the high prices fetched by two BTO projects launched in Queenstown lately with an average price of more than $500,000 for four-room flats and $600,000 for five room flats.
According to Mohamad Ismail, the CEO of real estate agency Propnex, as high as 20 per cent of the buyers of resale flats are PRs. Another agency C&H Realty quoted a figure as high as 50 per cent, yet Mr Mah claimed that PRs form only a “small proportion” of the buyers of resale flats.
Some PRs eventually sell their flats for a generous profit after they leave Singapore for their homeland where they can retire comfortably for the rest of their lives while locals continue to pay the high price for the ruling party’s pro foreigner policy.
Being the highest paid ministers in the world, it is unforgivable for Mr Mah and Ms Fu not to foresee the rise in HDB prices with more foreigners coming into Singapore.
Furthermore, the Singapore cabinet is blessed with a “forecaster extraordinarie” who does nothing much other than to “do forecasting.”
Perhaps he should spend more time “mentoring” the junior ministers to ensure they don’t make such a disastrous mistake again instead of flying around the world to lecture others on how to run their countries.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="msgopt" width="24%" nowrap="nowrap"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"> Reply</td><td class="wintiny" width="25%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr><tr><td class="msgbfrbot">
</td><td colspan="3">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="msgtable" width="96%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msg" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td>
</td></tr><tr><td class="wintiny" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr><tr><td class="msgtxt">
</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<!--/PostMsgHTML--> <!--PreMsgHTML--> <!--/PreMsgHTML--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%"> </td><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"> <td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">AI (3_M) <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">8:11 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">Fkapore <nobr></nobr> unread</td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (2 of 2) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">27040.2 in reply to 27040.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">rubbish.

population growth are a known factor and immigrants influx is totally within their control.

Anticipation of demand for housing can be done with high degree of accuracy.
</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> </tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgopt" width="24%" nowrap="nowrap"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear beloved fellow citizen. Please remember our leaders are made of flesh and blood too. Small mistakes are inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. A beautiful wall should not be judged be a few uneven bricks. Thank you.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear beloved fellow citizen. Please remember our leaders are made of flesh and blood too. Small mistakes are inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. A beautiful wall should not be judged be a few uneven bricks. Thank you.

Would have been a fair analogy except that in the case, we paid for a marble wall but got an uneven brick wall instead

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would have been a fair analogy except that in the case, we paid for a marble wall but got an uneven brick wall instead

My dear beloved fellow citizen. Do not see the world through rose tinted glasses nor insignificant matters with jaundiced eyes. Keep things in perspective. Give thanks for what you have. It could be worse rather than what you have now. Thank you.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear beloved fellow citizen. Do not see the world through rose tinted glasses nor insignificant matters with jaundiced eyes. Keep things in perspective. Give thanks for what you have. It could be worse rather than what you have now. Thank you.

Absolutely! With the current incompetence plaguing our government, it can (and probably already is) really get a whole lot worse if we do nothing! Vote the PAP out!!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pay me just half their salary and I will even overlook the m&d on the floor.

We will only pay peanuts to get monkeys, not miilions and yet worst get idiots ?

They asked (actually didn't bother even asking) to be paid astronomical salaries claiming to be the bestest of the bestest, including Obama, therefore how can they be excuse for even oversight (rather, caught off guard) over such a small event?

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
patlim

we are definitely more fortunate than starving africans or "little girls getting raped in rwanda"..

but we have seen better governments than our own.. can you say our leaders are the best ?

the greatest insult LKY has given to Singaporeans is when he said without PAP, our women could have been maids in other countries.. our leaders have lost their sense of purpose, such words would only be uttered by despots who have no fear of doing wrong..

have you not seen poverty in S'pore? have you not seen old folks wiping tables in food courts, clearing trays in fast food restaurants, working beyond what their aged bodies can withstand? or do you still blame them for not working hard during when younger? or do you blame their children for not taking care of them?

you cannot simply credit the PAP with the good things and absolve them of the bad things by comparing with societies in crisis..

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something is wrong with this website. It has a problem reloading pages. What is the problem?

Anyway I would like to reply at one go to my beloved fellow citizens before I turn in for the night.

Firstly, what do you think would happen if the PAP is truly voted out? Will your life and that of your family get any better? Yes? Is there a guarantee?

Second. Well I may be snorted at for using a popular term of reference in recent days. Comparing apples with oranges. Tell me how much will you be willing to pay to live in a place where all essential and recreational infrastructure are within reach from the farthest point in 45 mins? Obama would be paid 100 times what our leaders are getting if he can provide that for his citizens.

Last but not least. Someone sent me a private message asking who I am. My answer is that I am a private Singapore citizen grateful to the PAP government and who loves his country as well as his fellow citizens.

Thank you all and goodnight. I will come round as often as I can. Must not neglect the old lady you know!

P.S. to beloved fellow citizen sufferwell. I had covered the issue with regard to MM lee choice of words. I hope you had managed to find it. Like I had said, there is no such thing as a Utopia. By speaking out, you are contributing to bringing out issues that demands attention. Things can never be perfect. Wee Shu Min was a badly brought up child. But life is not perfect. Some console themselves philosophically. Some turn to God. And some become traitors for their own interests. But we will have to find our own way to survive. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

Flesh and blood, no doubt but what about a leaders brains. It is no small mistake when overall scheme of things bring about consequences where there is no uneven bricks to judge let alone a wall.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, what do you think would happen if the PAP is truly voted out? Will your life and that of your family get any better? Yes? Is there a guarantee?

No one can guarantee that life will be better without PAP but at least we know we can slow down our stress, pause and smell roses. However, one thing is CERTAIN, it will get worse with PAP voted in again and than we see ourselves banging on the wall and bleed to death. Beside, the smell of corruption in the current party is too strong for any taste and please do Singaporeans a favour to vote such smelly govern out!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have been hiding under a rock or living in a cave all this while, maybe you can be forgiven for yr wide-eyed innocence.

Small mistakes? Since the day the Old man captured power in 1959, it was a series of mistakes --big and small. Crawl out from wherever you are and throw away those blinkers. Read up the history of Singapore since 1955 from the other side and bring yrself up to date. You are so hopelessly indoctrinated that I hope you'll be able to save yrself.

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
patlim

i understand your fear of a rogue or incompetent govt taking over from the PAP and our women becoming maids in other countries..

but we have to confront and solve our problems, not by closing our eyes and wishing they would go away or by deluding ourselves with a false sense of security that the PAP would be there to solve all our problems..

it is not about survival; the PAP wants us to be in survival mode all the time, cheaper, better, faster, but is that all in life? where's the added value? the china chinese, india indians, bangladeshis, filipinos etc, they are perfect for the PAP cos they are easy to manipulate with their hunger and they are easy to please.. singaporeans are not easy to please, not anymore, cos we have grown beyond survival, we want to develop, we want to improve and we are not looking back..

the only basis of power the PAP has now is the lack of competent political alternatives.. that in itself should be a worrying sign for them

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
patlim

i understand your fear of a rogue or incompetent govt taking over from the PAP and our women becoming maids in other countries..

but we have to confront and solve our problems, not by closing our eyes and wishing they would go away or by deluding ourselves with a false sense of security that the PAP would be there to solve all our problems..

it is not about survival; the PAP wants us to be in survival mode all the time, cheaper, better, faster, but is that all in life? where's the added value? the china chinese, india indians, bangladeshis, filipinos etc, they are perfect for the PAP cos they are easy to manipulate with their hunger and they are easy to please.. singaporeans are not easy to please, not anymore, cos we have grown beyond survival, we want to develop, we want to improve and we are not looking back..

the only basis of power the PAP has now is the lack of competent political alternatives.. that in itself should be a worrying sign for them

Hear hear!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Second. Well I may be snorted at for using a popular term of reference in recent days. Comparing apples with oranges. Tell me how much will you be willing to pay to live in a place where all essential and recreational infrastructure are within reach from the farthest point in 45 mins? Obama would be paid 100 times what our leaders are getting if he can provide that for his citizens.

Thank you all and goodnight. I will come round as often as I can. Must not neglect the old lady you know!

QUOTE]

ah patlim,

you por lumpar until you run out of ideas is it:confused:

KNN.. spore small until can travel almost to anywhere within 45mins now also become PAP's accomplishment:confused:

wow lau ooi can you faster go back to north korea:oIo:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE]

ah patlim,

you por lumpar until you run out of ideas is it:confused:

KNN.. spore small until can travel almost to anywhere within 45mins now also become PAP's accomplishment:confused:

wow lau ooi can you faster go back to north korea:oIo:[/quote]

The best I have read this year on STOLEN ACCOMPLISHMENTS....clap clap!

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
patlim

great reply.

indeed, we are moving away from slavery and the excuses/misdirection meant for the simple minded.

the internet era has opened the fact and there is no hiding. yes, the govt is strongly linked to america and british still and yes, history has shown that those who oppose them , their leaders sometimes get mysteriously assassinated/killed/died.

LKY and LHS - if u have the guts to wack your own, why cant u man up and wack the powers that be?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
great reply.

indeed, we are moving away from slavery and the excuses/misdirection meant for the simple minded.

the internet era has opened the fact and there is no hiding. yes, the govt is strongly linked to america and british still and yes, history has shown that those who oppose them , their leaders sometimes get mysteriously assassinated/killed/died.

LKY and LHS - if u have the guts to wack your own, why cant u man up and wack the powers that be?

What are you suggesting?
People here, WHAT IS HE SUGGESTING?

Are you a FT that is heavily invested in Singapore?

No need for whacking lah. Your investments are done for naturally the moment you step foot here.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their main purpose is to prop up the prices of HDB, make sinkees suffer for longer period of time, and harder, to pay for Ho Jinx mistakes.

It is no wonder many choose to leave, and those who are conned here are making their exit when they can.

The biggest losers? Sinkees who leave