• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Latest from ShentonDK! Ringgit to hit 3.50 against SGD in 2017

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know it here first! Capital flight underway in Malaysia and locals are now hoarding SGD which is readily available. Recent investigations into 1MDB laundering also revealed that the corrupted in Malaysia had repatriated tens of billions in ringgits (in exchange for other currencies) overseas to hide ill-gotten gains.

Bank Negara is expected to avoid or limit any rate-hike in 2017 before the next General Elections, which will not be helpful to ringgit's strength. In the first month of 2017, bankers saw the crash of offshore (non-delivered) ringgit-forwards volume, which reduced ringgit liquidity in FX market. A weaker ringgit is preferred by Najib to shore up local exporters' margins and attract new investments eg. Toyota.

In response to the new Pedra Branca challenge, insiders also expect Singapore to use the time-frame before ICJ judgement (appx 1-year) to retaliate against Ringgit in FX market. Singapore banks will begin to cease offering SIBOR-pegged ringgit loans to sg-based buyers of Malaysian properties.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia's largest offshore support vessels builder, backed by OCBC Bank, in talks with creditors.
Expects to collapse in 2017 due to debt obligations.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysians are so fucked...
Those working in SG are better off.

Those living in JB & working in Spore are not fucked. They are taking advantages of the 2 systems of gov't.
We Sporeans are the one who are fucked because of NS & high prices.

I'm taking a calculated gamble & buying Malaysian shares. Eventually their economy & gov't will improve, in my life time :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy New Year Johnny,
is it because u think China will bail out Najib and Malaysia?
http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/polit...ina-offered-bail-out-malaysias-1mdb-what-cost

I think the Malaysians will eventually clean house & people like Najib will go. Money has always flowed into Malaysia from overseas. Last time it was from Spore. Then the angmo countries. Now it is the turn of the PRC chinese.

I'm using surplus ringgit from the dividends I've received from my Malaysian shares. So it is not a financial burden. As I've said I'm a long term investor. People like Buffet have made money investing for the long term.