• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

latest Courtney Brown's implication posting implies that 60% sgporeans are greedy and

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
latest Courtney Brown's implication posting implies that 60% sgporeans are greedy and evil
if this is true
then indeed very sad day for me

------------------------------------------------------------------
\
Courtney Brown Implications Posting #16:

Remember that the leadership of a country always reflects the consciousness of the people. There are no exceptions to that, regardless of whether the leadership is virtuous or dastardly. Contemporary physics on Earth does not fully explain why this is so, although pieces of the puzzle are in clear sight if scientists would only connect the dots. Nonetheless, it is a consequence of a universal law, whether one understands why it is so or not. For this reason, it is never useful to be angry at a nation’s leadership, for the people truly do shape their own destiny regardless of who leads them. If you want to change the world for the better, the only thing that will work is to introduce a new idea to the people with clarity and focus, and then let it spread. The leadership will adapt to the new idea only when the people accept it.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: latest Courtney Brown's implication posting implies that 60% sgporeans are greedy

This is nothing new. The saying "People get the government they deserve" has been around for eons.

There is a mini LKY in many Singaporeans... selfish and always wanting things their way and expecting the world to revolve around them.

You'll see this behavior in many clubs, condo management committees etc and in many local companies too.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: latest Courtney Brown's implication posting implies that 60% sgporeans are greedy

well said, I rest my case..

This is nothing new. The saying "People get the government they deserve" has been around for eons.

There is a mini LKY in many Singaporeans... selfish and always wanting things their way and expecting the world to revolve around them.

You'll see this behavior in many clubs, condo management committees etc and in many local companies too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can you blame the people for a greedy & self serving gov't like the PAP:confused:

Many ignorant Sporeans might have voted for the PAP but look at what happened since then. I'm sure some want a change because they are fed up with all the gerrymandering, harassment of the opposition, fixing that has occured,... Just look at the hundreds of thousands of Sporeans that have fled to Aust, Canada, US,....

Many who still vote for the PAP are still doing it because they are fearful of losing their gov't jobs:confused:

I get the feeling that this "fear" is changing. With so many Sporeans being replaced with foreigners, people are fearful that they will be next to be replaced by a foreigner. There is also the issue of the CPF. Many Sporeans have reached 55 & the PAP is playing with fire by denying people their CPF.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Many who still vote for the PAP are still doing it because they are fearful of losing their gov't jobs:confused:

Even if the PAP is voted out at the next election and the WP gains power, all that will happen is that Low Thia Khiang will start behaving like LKY and the whole process will repeat itself.

All politicians are self serving. All of them hunger for power and prestige. That's why they become politicians in the first place.. so they can rule over the lives of others and impose their ideas upon the populace.

This forum is no different. It's a microcosm of society where I am in charge. I'm the Mini LKY here.

The reason why I gave up running on the Delphi platform and registered my own domain and got my own server is not because I want to serve all my members and make their lives better and their bank accounts fatter. It's because I want to call the shots regarding how a forum that I participate in is organised. If I used facebook or some other platform, I'd have to sign up and accept the usage policies. I don't like other organisations telling me how to run my affairs.

Politicians are the same. They want to run the country their way and not your way.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal

if Low thia Kiang party become the majority
it would mean that the 'consciousness' of sinkies have shifted

whether LTK will eventaully behave like PAP or LKY remains unkown
he has a choice to be an angel or the DEVIL

if any , since sinkie consciousness shifted
it would mean we want a 'honest' govt

LTK would be immediately voted out if he behave like PAP

Even if the PAP is voted out at the next election and the WP gains power, all that will happen is that Low Thia Khiang will start behaving like LKY and the whole process will repeat itself.

All politicians are self serving. All of them hunger for power and prestige. That's why they become politicians in the first place.. so they can rule over the lives of others and impose their ideas upon the populace.

This forum is no different. It's a microcosm of society where I am in charge. I'm the Mini LKY here.

The reason why I gave up running on the Delphi platform and registered my own domain and got my own server is not because I want to serve all my members and make their lives better and their bank accounts fatter. It's because I want to call the shots regarding how a forum that I participate in is organised. If I used facebook or some other platform, I'd have to sign up and accept the usage policies. I don't like other organisations telling me how to run my affairs.

Politicians are the same. They want to run the country their way and not your way.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes i agree..the forum owner is one of them...

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed fully. Especially younger generation.
Even lambast the sun and moon revolve around them.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Doesn't greed drive the economy?

do you think altruistic reasons could help the nation GDP?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY was able to do what he did because the older generation was willing to sacrifice for the promise of a better future. Unfortunately LKY betrayed their trust & started a dynasty. In the case of Spore LKY had 50 years to put his own cronies into the system. I doubt that the current generation would repeat the same mistake made by the older generation by blindly trusting any future politician.

Take a look at Indonesia & the Philippines. People are less tolerant of crooked politicians because of their experiences with the corrupt Suharto & Marcos. They discovered the power of people power. There will always be corruption & that's why people must jaga against future LKYs.