• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Late Dr Tan Cheng Lim

punggy007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found out that Dr Tan who was a well-known paediatrician had passed on. It was a shock to me as he had been my doctor for many years in my younger days. I am not able to get more info about this news online. He was a very committed and caring doc and very healthy. Appreciate if you have some info about this upsetting news. Thanks.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I just found out that Dr Tan who was a well-known paediatrician had passed on. It was a shock to me as he had been my doctor for many years in my younger days. I am not able to get more info about this news online. He was a very committed and caring doc and very healthy. Appreciate if you have some info about this upsetting news. Thanks.
In the medical circle everyone called him Prof Tan.

We would consider being lucky if he took us for the final MBBS exam.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My childhood doctor was Dr YY Yip who worked at Gleneagles and he died of cancer recently. He grown up and educated in ACS Ipoh and he come to study MBBS in NUS and he continued to stay and had his family in Singapore.

punggy007

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the medical circle everyone called him Prof Tan.

We would consider being lucky if he took us for the final MBBS exam.
He was Emeritus Professor Paediatrician at KKH at time of his passing. Report said he died at home. Just wondering what was his illness as he was very healthy looking the last time we met. He died in 2019 and was a pioneer paediatrician after Prof Wong Hock Boon.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone here heard of this family physician named John Marian of Marian Clinic? His clinic back then used to be located at the old Katong People's Shopping Centre location of the present Katong Mal. Used to go his clinic there as a young boy up until my O Levels in the mid 90s for my chest infection problem. Hated going there since he loved to give out painful jabs. His consultation fees quite pricey. Then early 2000s read in the ST that he landed himself in trouble for alleging molesting a female patient. Can't remember if he was acquitted or found guilty. Later on the shopping centre was closed to make way the development of the new Katong Mall.