• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Last time I was in primary school, my English teacher also did this to me and she wasn't punished leh...

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

North Carolina English teacher resigns after 'covering mouth of boy, 11, with heavy duty TAPE to stop him talking in class'​

• Brady Webster, 11, sent a selfie to his mom Catherine on Feb 14 which showed him with his mouth taped shut with multiple layers of painter's tape
  • He told his mother in a text message 'I don't know what to do'
  • Teacher allegedly responsible has since resigned from Smithfield Middle School
An eleven-year-old North Carolina student allegedly had his mouth taped shut by his sixth-grade English teacher after talking too much in class.

Catherine Webster received a text from her son Brady in February saying 'I don't know what to do' with an image of himself with layers of blue painter's tape stuck to his mouth during class at Smithfield Middle School, Johnston County.

Horrified by the image of her son who she described to be a 'chatterbox' who has a 'tendency to clown around', Catherine posted the shocking image to Facebook to bring to light her son's story and his interaction with Dawn Felix who she refers to as 'Mrs. Felix' in the post.

DailyMail.com can exclusively picture Dawn Felix, who joined the Johnston County school, in August last year after her identity was confirmed by Catherine.

Felix is said to be an international teacher, although it's unclear where she hails from. She has since resigned from her job, and allegedly been stripped of her visa, meaning she would no longer be able to work in the US.

Eleven-year-old North Carolina student Brady Webster, who had his mouth taped shut by his sixth-grade teacher 'on more than one occasion' after talking too much in class, revealed the disturbing punishment to his mom in a text exchange

• Eleven-year-old North Carolina student Brady Webster, who had his mouth taped shut by his sixth-grade teacher 'on more than one occasion' after talking too much in class, revealed the disturbing punishment to his mom in a text exchange
DailyMail.com can exclusively picture Dawn Felix (pictured) who joined the Johnston County school, in August last year

• DailyMail.com can exclusively picture Dawn Felix (pictured) who joined the Johnston County school, in August last year
Catherine said she hoped her post would 'serve as an example' to any other teachers or caregivers who may be 'walking a fine line'.

She said she'd 'never met, seen or received an email' from Felix, who allegedly used this bizarre punishment 'on at least three students.'

'But apparently I should have, several times over, so that I could work with her to correct my son Brady's behavior in her class,' wrote a concerned Catherine.

'His grades were good, so I had no reason to believe anything was amiss there because she never once reached out to me.'

The mother-of-three said other teachers claimed Brady got along well with others and 'enjoys entertaining his classmates.'

'[He also] has a tendency to clown around and be disruptive and talk too much,' she said.

'I'm a reasonable person and a fairly strict parent with no tolerance for disrespect and an understanding that teachers do not have time for repetitive disruption, so I also discipline Brady at home when this happens.'

After receiving the text message from her son who said he was 'humiliated' by the experience Catherine said she couldn't hold back her shock and disappointment.

She said that other teachers had communicated their concerns about Brady's behavior, and with her help, come up with solutions to keep disturbances in class to a minimum.

'Those teachers have had to redirect or correct this behavior and they have always emailed or called me to make me aware,' she said in the post.

'They give him silent lunch or move him away from his buddies or in some cases, more serious but acceptable forms of punishment. They have never laid a hand on Brady.

But when speaking of her son's English teacher, she said that rather than addressing her concerns with a parent, Felix had taken matters into her own hands.

'She has been doing it for a couple months to numerous children, and according to my child, a detective with Johnston County Sheriffs department, and other classmates, she also sometimes taped their wrists together,' said Catherine.

Catherine Webster received a text from her son Brady in February saying 'I don't know what to do' with an image of himself with layers of blue painter's tape stuck to his mouth during class at Smithfield Middle School, Johnston County

• Catherine Webster received a text from her son Brady in February saying 'I don't know what to do' with an image of himself with layers of blue painter's tape stuck to his mouth during class at Smithfield Middle School, Johnston County
Horrified by the image of her son who she described to be a 'chatterbox' who has a 'tendency to clown around' Catherine posted the shocking image to Facebook to bring to light her son's story

• Horrified by the image of her son who she described to be a 'chatterbox' who has a 'tendency to clown around' Catherine posted the shocking image to Facebook to bring to light her son's story
'This was an ongoing thing in her classroom, and always without a call to parents about their children's behavior, at least mine and one other parent I know, and potentially a third.'

Catherine claimed in the Facebook post that her son's teacher had told detectives investigating the incident that it was 'funny' and that the 'children laughed when it happened.'

On February 14, Brady had his phone on him at school and sent Catherine an image of himself revealing what was happening behind closed doors.

She stressed that sometimes her son laughs when he's uncomfortable.

'Maybe he did laugh, standing in her classroom in front of 20 something classmates while she slapped strip after strip after strip (looks to be 10-12 strips, layer after layer) of blue painters' tape across more than half of his face,' she said.

After seeing the image Catherine said she immediately called the school.

In a statement to WRAL the school administration said: 'We can confirm that whenever such allegations arise, our administration responds swiftly, by investigating the allegations and, sometimes, by removing staff from classrooms pending completion of a thorough review.'

The sheriff's office also investigated after saying that several allegations by other parents were also made.

After consulting with the District Attorney, the Johnston County Sheriff's Office decided there wasn't enough to warrant an assault charge.

Johnston County Schools told the outlet that Felix, who was just hired in August 2022, resigned on February 17, just days after the photo was texted to Catherine.

'The teacher, whose contract was damaged from this incident, will be returning to her country since she can no longer teach here,' said Catherine in her post.

'I do not know what kind of disciplinary action it takes to disqualify them from remaining in these contracts, but I do regret that she will not be made an example of.'

Catherine claims that the sixth grade ELA teacher, who was 'recruited from a pool of international teacher candidates to fill gaps' will 'soon be leaving the country.'

She added that she still had questions about what the Department of Public Instruction would have done if the teacher was not allegedly stripped of her teaching visa.

'I would still like to know what, exactly, The Department of Public Instruction would do in a slightly different situation. That remains unanswered for me,' she said.

'I think we all know it is far too easy for teachers to mistreat, even abuse students in a classroom, be dismissed from their district (or in this case, resign once placed on leave and reported) only to get a job teaching in the next county or state.

'So at what point are behaviors like this investigated and punished to a point that a teacher cannot repeat the pattern on other children elsewhere?'

Johnston County Schools said the teacher, who was just hired in August 2022, resigned on February 17, just days after the photo was text

• Johnston County Schools said the teacher, who was just hired in August 2022, resigned on February 17, just days after the photo was text
The disappointed mother-of-three said that her view of teachers had not been tarnished and that Felix's behavior is 'few and far between.'

'I love and fervently support our teachers. I try to partner with my children's teachers, though it's more difficult the older they get because teachers have more students and less time to spend on each family,' she said.

'This post is not a blow to teachers in general, just one teacher. In every profession, you will always find a few bad apples. But they do not spoil the whole bunch.'

DailyMail.com has contacted the Johnston County Sheriff's Office, Smithfield Middle School, The Department of Public Instruction and Catherine Webster for comment.

Source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...English-teacher-TAPED-mouth-stop-talking.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see, in the modern era people are snowflakes. When the parents are snowflakes, snowflake children are produced. And the vicious cycle continues.