• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lack of General knowlege in Singapore teenagers

Do you think there Lack of General knowlege in Singapore teenagers?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

rayzong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think that Singapore teenagers lacking in General knowledge as they dont really watch news or read newspaper often? Even if they do, it will be just selective items that they are interested in such as Parties, latest games, etc

What do you think?

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That;s strange. Aren't most teenagers only interested in fucking and having fun since the beginning of time?

rayzong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL.. hahahahaah true.. play play play? i mean that.. i myself seldom read news or even watch tv.. as i have internet..

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame it on our Leaders for providing them with such comfortable and pampered lifestyle.
太舒适的环境就是最危险的时刻,很习惯吃不了苦.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you think that Singapore teenagers lacking in General knowledge ...

What do you think?
dey dunwan 2 many ppl 2 hv general knowledge 1 ... bcos if 2 many ppl r armed general knowledge, dey r scared as there's a higher chance dat 1 of dem mite start a coup ... :eek:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chin Peng joined the CPM at 15 and became SG at 23. Lim Chin Siong was in his early 20s when he took part in politics. Even Old man was old at 36 when he became PM.

Far cry from those heady days...

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majority of them are this -> facebook and sms. They don't read the newspapers. They have no curiosity about how the world works. They are only curious about what's on their friend's facebook. A whole nation of peeping toms and wannabees.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have no curiosity about how the world works.

Sporeans are made from the same boring mould: primary school, secondary, pre-U, NS, Uni...

Other than studying what other ECA do they do :confused: Shopping? Eating?

Work life isn't any better, lunch time conversations are usually about cars, coe, home prices :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sporeans are made from the same boring mould: primary school, secondary, pre-U, NS, Uni... ...
read ze same newpapers fr ah 154th ...

watch ze same crap movies on tv ...

go out, u oso meet ppl fr ze same mould ...

all can oni stay wifin ze same box ... :( :eek:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you think that Singapore teenagers lacking in General knowledge as they dont really watch news or read newspaper often? Even if they do, it will be just selective items that they are interested in such as Parties, latest games, etc

What do you think?

hi there

1. they are most interested in themselves especially the current fad, hairstyle.
2. spoonfed and harboured by parents, sinkie youths cannot lah!

rayzong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. if i give u 2 way to get daily dosage of current affair which will you choose?

Read Today papers daily or watch news5 for 30 mins?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. if i give u 2 way to get daily dosage of current affair which will you choose?

Read Today papers daily or watch news5 for 30 mins?

General knowledge are very broad based. Local medias are sterile. Given the luxury of having access to the internet, why bother reading papers and watching mews 5.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I voted NO.

They do not lack Gen. Knowledge, they are more exposed to facts and have more opportunbity to travel than any generation before them.

They lack Heart. They have tuition in math, language, sports, whatever. But they really need need tuition in etiquette and civic sense.

It is the older generations that lack general knowledge. But they had heart. Even the gangsters.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I voted NO.

They do not lack Gen. Knowledge, they are more exposed to facts and have more opportunbity to travel than any generation before them.

When I was in Canada I noticed a pattern with most Sporean students.

Typically what happens was that in their free time they would mix only with other Sporean or Malaysian students. When it was the summer holidays most would go back to Spore & come back when classes started again. This was repeated for the duration of their studies.

After they finished their studies many only had superficial exposure to life in Canada :rolleyes:

Many working Sporeans might travel more, but what do they pick up when they travel :confused: Most only go for the shopping & visit the usual touristy places so they can come back & tell their friend about their "foreign" holiday :smile:

After years of brainwashing it's not easy to break out of the Sporean mentality. :rolleyes: