• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

l love Australia...!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey kopi, UNkindgentleman your clone right?

Thanks for confessing that Australia is a nice place to be in.

Singapore is a nice place for me too if not for the chow papaya policies [those related to Fallen Talents, fantastically super high indirect & hidden taxes, NS, elitism, freedom of speech etc etc] and the hot and humid weather conditions.

Folks who post here are not trying to run down Singapore. We are trying to share with readers what is in Australia and elsewhere. We want to put things in proper perspective and let the truth be known. Not those hearsay and those rubbish post like those from UNkindgentleman.

hey mate, me no clone of unkindgentleman lah
i love australia for what it is....open, clean and virginal
the people are friendly...sometimes easily bullied by others
but australians are nice people...honest and hospitable....helpful and kind...
singaporeans will take some time to catch up...but we will be some day.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in australia you have to fight to make a living as well. houses are expensive. people can be nasty. the city area turns into a warzone at night. jobs are not easy to come by.

The median house price in Sydney is 650k AUD. Nearly 1 million SGD.

Mortgage interest rates are 6-7%...that is HIGH. :eek:

Once again...Mortgage interest rates are 6-7%...that is HIGH. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hello, if you can't differentiate between a freehold house and a 99 years leasehold pigeon hole, I really don't know what to say to you.

What property can you get for S$1million in Singapore this day? The answer is here: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-HDB-flat-in-Queenstown-for-1-million-dollars!

In Oz, the average floor area is about 2500 sq feet for new houses. It cost much less [about 20%] than your S$1million. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]?OpenDocument

If you made a mistake in your "houses are expensive", just admit it and we will all move on. Honest mistake is acceptable and forgiven. But when you tried to pull a fast one and pass irresponsible statements, that is not good.

Why are you bringing up the topic of mortgage rates when you specifically posted "houses are expensive." Good try. There are lots of financial institutions that offer below 6% mortgage rates here in Oz.

What kind of exchange rates are you using to say that A$650 is nearly S$1million??? 1.53?? OMG!! The current S$/A$ exchange rate is S$1.28 to A$1. Don't try using the word "nearly". It is no use as it 19.5% difference... nearly 20%. If your maths is that bad, please use a calculator and not make a fool of yourself.

Yes and the fish and chips (cheapest takeaways in Aus) are still very expensive even in the suburbs. You were using special discount rates with coupons and whatever.

Surely you know in SG you can takeaway fast food meals (KFC)for just 6 bucks SGD or hawker food for just 3 bucks. The big mac meal in Australia i think is ten plus aud or something...you can get two big mac meals in sg with that money.

My fish and chip posting is in respond to somebody who said "Australia has got no cheap hawker food leh..." Yes, we don't have hawker center in Oz. Oz have food court - plenty of it. The cost of eating out at these places or even resturant is not expensive relative to hawker center in SG including among other your Newton Circle Hawker Center. That is my point. I am not going to run Singapore hawker center down. But I want to highlight the huge difference in the portion served.

it is a fact that oceanians mostly do things slowly and are not very efficient or skilled at what they do. customer service is also a whole lot worse in oceania compared to sg.

i can only speak for nz. houses are mostly shabbily built.

I don't understand why you suddenly use the term "oceanians". I am not going to waste my time with you on this as we are talking about Australia. Ditto for your NZ house. Good try to your red herring.

economy of aus is propped up by mining etc.

What you mean by "etc". Please elaborate. If you can't, you can choose to shut up. That is alright with me.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
please lah, we are not living in pigeon holes okay. don't anyhow spread rumours. it's not correct.....

have you stayed in a pigeon hole? you can't even enter the hole!!! don't ridicule our world class housing programme.

99 years and freehold so what? can you live beyond 99 years??? so what you live in a mansion or a bungalow with 10,000 hectares. in downunder there is no need to boast how big your lion's den. everybody lives in a big house. big car. big garden. big toilet.big kitchen. everything big big. so what is your point?

do you need to stay in such a big mansion? all you need is a bed to sleep. pigeon holes by foot!!!

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
australia is not an ideal place for migration, but it is definitely better than sinkie poor. everything is expensive here except cars... no cheap hawker food, no ktv, not much nightlife here. shopping close at 6pm everyday except one day a week they are opened till 9pm. if u run a biz in retail or restaurants, u will find difficulty either getting ppl to work on weekends and after 6pm or paying higher wages close to $40 an hour for weekends and public holidays.

one day i was shopping at woolies, i asked the cashier, a very young girl why this woolies closed at 7pm on sunday. she replied "i have to go party. i need a life". so i replied her, "why do u work in woolies if u want party everyday". she was upset by my response. she said "i am a human, not a slave". this is the attitude u get from a worker here. they don't give a crap about working to accumulate wealth. aussies in general are backward people and they have very small brain...

if given a choice, i would move myself to canada where almost everything is cheap b/c they are one of the cheapest country to live these days:wink:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i believe no matter where you go,it's up to you to make a success out of it. australia provides ample opportunities for the young. canada the same. usa the same....singapore the same. if you are prepared to work hard and work intelligently, you will succeed. if you just want to have an easy life anywhere in the world, you will be left behind.

there is no secret to success. pure hard work is needed.

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, if you can't differentiate between a freehold house and a 99 years leasehold pigeon hole, I really don't know what to say to you.

What property can you get for S$1million in Singapore this day? The answer is here: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-HDB-flat-in-Queenstown-for-1-million-dollars!

In Oz, the average floor area is about 2500 sq feet for new houses. It cost much less [about 20%] than your S$1million. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]?OpenDocument

If you made a mistake in your "houses are expensive", just admit it and we will all move on. Honest mistake is acceptable and forgiven. But when you tried to pull a fast one and pass irresponsible statements, that is not good.

Why are you bringing up the topic of mortgage rates when you specifically posted "houses are expensive." Good try. There are lots of financial institutions that offer below 6% mortgage rates here in Oz.

really? which institutions offer below 6%? and can you show me how much the 99 year leasehold apartments cost?

i still think houses in syd/mlb are expensive, freehold notwithstanding.

My fish and chip posting is in respond to somebody who said "Australia has got no cheap hawker food leh..." Yes, we don't have hawker center in Oz. Oz have food court - plenty of it. The cost of eating out at these places or even resturant is not expensive relative to hawker center in SG including among other your Newton Circle Hawker Center. That is my point. I am not going to run Singapore hawker center down. But I want to highlight the huge difference in the portion served.

don't see any difference in portion between the big mac in sg and aus. bananas were going for 3.99/kg when i was at coles sydney just this year. food is really expensive in aus. although i am sure if you are earning aud, it doesn't matter as much.

i still need to go back to aus one day to scratch my initials onto the train doors though. hehe. i would never dare to do that in nz or sg but in aus, all the trains are so badly vandalised that i really want to do it myself. i have unfinished business in aus.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really? which institutions offer below 6%? and can you show me how much the 99 year leasehold apartments cost?

i still think houses in syd/mlb are expensive, freehold notwithstanding.

I am not going to teach you or share with you how to find it. You can continue to think whatever you want. That is none of my business except that readers here can form a certain opinion of you.

don't see any difference in portion between the big mac in sg and aus. bananas were going for 3.99/kg when i was at coles sydney just this year. food is really expensive in aus. although i am sure if you are earning aud, it doesn't matter as much.

Bananas prices ranged from less than a dollar to about A$15 per kilo when there is an acute shortage due to the Queensland flood - Sept 2011. For the greater part of the year, I find bananas going at less than $2/kg in my suburb. You have a choice NOT to buy bananas when it is at 3.99/kg. If you choose to buy it at that price, please don't come here and give the impression that bananas cost $3.99/kg the whole year throughout in Oz. That is really rubbish.

longdongsilver did a good post, reflecting the happenings in Oz - http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?126471-l-love-Australia-!!!&p=1204061#post1204061

It would be good for you to pick up some form of a balanced posting from him. Like me, I choose to write about my use of coupon in my fish and chip postings. You should also learn the same.

i still need to go back to aus one day to scratch my initials onto the train doors though. hehe. i would never dare to do that in nz or sg but in aus, all the trains are so badly vandalised that i really want to do it myself. i have unfinished business in aus.

People like you are not welcome here.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i believe no matter where you go,it's up to you to make a success out of it. australia provides ample opportunities for the young. canada the same. usa the same....singapore the same. if you are prepared to work hard and work intelligently, you will succeed. if you just want to have an easy life anywhere in the world, you will be left behind.

Oh no... i think that is incorrect.. You are only be successful if you suck PAP's dick. In other countries, you can be successful if you put in effort without sucking the govt's dick. IN fact, if you are really good, the govt from other countries will suck your dick and welcome you to build business in their land.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah, we are not living in pigeon holes okay. don't anyhow spread rumours. it's not correct.....

pigeon holes by foot!!!

Hello Kopi, welcome back.

Read here if you don't understand the term pigeon hole:

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?112364-S-894K-5-rm-HDB-pigeon-hole-anyone-interested&

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Soc/soc.culture.singapore/2011-06/msg00355.html

If you need photo to help you visualise better, here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61612443@N00/4149634353/

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
pure hard work? no kopiuncle, u need to be street smart and luck in order to strike rich. there is no such thing as pure hard work these days. i give u a few examples.

why amway, unicity, herbal life etc some of the distributors are so rich? b/c they recruit and follow a system. masses create wealth.

how about robert kiyosaki? he uses his seminars to create wealth? again, u create awareness and bring many to follow your system.

what about city harvest? con hee uses his charm to bring people to love him, so they can depart their assets for him and his slut wife.

all these don't use hard work, u use your charm to create followers. the more followers u have the wealthier u become.

and of course luck. gina rinehart is one example of the world richest lady who inherited her father's massive fortune. she is lucky.

so kopiuncle, no such thing as pure hard work :cool:

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be good for you to pick up some form of a balanced posting from him. Like me, I choose to write about my use of coupon in my fish and chip postings. You should also learn the same. People like you are not welcome here.

i will go to sydney and complete my artwork on the train doors. where do you live? i can help you decorate your house.

you probably don't have a house anyway...too expensive in sydney for most people.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

have you stayed in a pigeon hole? you can't even enter the hole!!! don't ridicule our world class housing programme.

99 years and freehold so what? can you live beyond 99 years??? so what you live in a mansion or a bungalow with 10,000 hectares. in downunder there is no need to boast how big your lion's den. everybody lives in a big house. big car. big garden. big toilet.big kitchen. everything big big. so what is your point?

do you need to stay in such a big mansion? all you need is a bed to sleep. pigeon holes by foot!!!

Kan Ni Na Bu Gong Chee Bye!:oIo::oIo::oIo: Kong Lanjiao Wei! :oIo:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
pure hard work? no kopiuncle, u need to be street smart and luck in order to strike rich. there is no such thing as pure hard work these days. i give u a few examples.

why amway, unicity, herbal life etc some of the distributors are so rich? b/c they recruit and follow a system. masses create wealth.

how about robert kiyosaki? he uses his seminars to create wealth? again, u create awareness and bring many to follow your system.

what about city harvest? con hee uses his charm to bring people to love him, so they can depart their assets for him and his slut wife.

all these don't use hard work, u use your charm to create followers. the more followers u have the wealthier u become.

and of course luck. gina rinehart is one example of the world richest lady who inherited her father's massive fortune. she is lucky.

so kopiuncle, no such thing as pure hard work :cool:

kopi probably thinks the Forbes rich list is dominated by Filipino maids on 16-hour work days. :biggrin: