• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KTMB station in Tanjong Pagar to relocate to Woodlands

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
KTMB station in Tanjong Pagar to relocate to Woodlands by 1 Jul 2011
By S Ramesh | Posted: 24 May 2010 1432 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (file pic)

SINGAPORE : The Prime Ministers of Malaysia and Singapore have agreed that the Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB station) currently in operation at Tanjong Pagar will be relocated to the Woodlands train checkpoint by 1 July 2011.

Announcing this in a joint statement on Monday in Singapore, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak also agreed that Malaysia would co-locate its railway and Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) to the Woodlands train checkpoint.

Singapore would facilitate the relocation to the Woodlands train checkpoint and ensure bus service connectivity from the KTMB station at Woodlands to a nearby MRT station for the convenience of train passengers.

Both countries also announced that a company known as MS Pte Ltd will be established as soon as practicable but not later than 31 December this year.

Malaysia would hold a 60 per cent stake in this company under Khazanah Nasional Berhard while Singapore will have a 40 per cent share to be held by Temasek Holdings.

The three parcels of land in Tanjong Pagar, Kranji and Woodlands, and another three pieces of land in Bukit Timah will be vested by MS Pte Ltd for joint development which in turn could be swapped on the basis of equivalent value for pieces of land in Marina South and/or Ophir-Rochor.

The joint statement says both sides will conduct their respective valuations.

Prime Minister Lee will visit Kuala Lumpur within a month with a proposal for the land swap for Malaysia.

The transfer of the land parcel to MS Pte Ltd will take effect at the time when KTMB vacates the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station.

UMNO is really desperate. I wonder what other concession Najib offered to S'pore?

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg.. this weekend definetly going to take dslr pic .. of mysely in that bldg..

a very historical bldg , ..before they destroy it............

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"UMNO is really desperate. I wonder what other concession Najib offered to S'pore?"

When people are nice to negotiate, never put people down as desparate or what because you got a better share from the deal.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
KTMB station in Tanjong Pagar to relocate to Woodlands by 1 Jul 2011
By S Ramesh | Posted: 24 May 2010 1432 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (file pic)

UMNO is really desperate. I wonder what other concession Najib offered to S'pore?

I am sorry, it's more like what concessions did Singapore offer Najib! Malaysia has never agreed to move the train station because it is sitting on prime land in Singapore. We must have shoved tonnes of goodies down Najib's throat for him to agree to swap downtown land for land in Siberian Kranji/Woodlands.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
"UMNO is really desperate. I wonder what other concession Najib offered to S'pore?"

When people are nice to negotiate, never put people down as desparate or what because you got a better share from the deal.

Well said. It always pays to be humble and sincere.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
omg.. this weekend definetly going to take dslr pic .. of mysely in that bldg..

a very historical bldg , ..before they destroy it............[/Q

Prince thats a good idea to have a picture taken in and around that historical building before these menacing bulldozer come sometime next year..in the late 80s it use to be my mode of transport on my trip to kl,ipoh and penang..that building does bring back memories...

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry, it's more like what concessions did Singapore offer Najib! Malaysia has never agreed to move the train station because it is sitting on prime land in Singapore. We must have shoved tonnes of goodies down Najib's throat for him to agree to swap downtown land for land in Siberian Kranji/Woodlands.

ya loh, Singapore have been begging them to sell but they never bother. This time i really smell something fishy.:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahathir going to get heartache when he hears this. He made so much comments and then reneged on the deal.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like we lose more.

think = the land is ours to begin with....why do we need to exchange it?

we pay so much to set up the waterworks in Johor and we are giving to them free - ok, fine, we don't want to be held ransom...i am prepared to write it off.

the agreement to shift by 2011, yah...its not cast in stone...who's to say mudland won't u-turn by then or a dispute over valuation of land (in exchange) torpedo the whole affair? We are exchanging prime land in Marina / Ophir for tracts of land running from Bt Timah to Keppel. Seriously which parcel of land offers higher value / potential?

Can you imagine, they just build a squatter settlement in Marina South (assuming they take the land) and leave it as that - we cannot do anything - LLPL...they own 60% of the company. its like a sore thumb.

I am sure there are others - they keep plumbing us to invest in that Iskandar thingy...why? Is it really flourishing or its gonna turn into another cowboy town?