• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Korea Overtakes Sinkiepore in Covid Medal Tally

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fears growing over coronavirus pandemic
m.koreatimes.co.kr

Officials from a public health center in Daegu disinfect streets near a church, Thursday, as dozens of the members of the church were confirmed to have been infected with the new coronavirus. / Yonhap
Officials from a public health center in Daegu disinfect streets near a church, Thursday, as dozens of the members of the church were confirmed to have been infected with the new coronavirus. / Yonhap

Korea reports 1st death of coronavirus patient

By Jun Ji-hye

The government said Thursday that it had confirmed 53 new cases of COVID-19 (nCoV-2019) infection, reporting a surge in patients for the second consecutive day and raising the total to 104.

It also announced the first death of a novel coronavirus patient, saying the 63-year-old man died Wednesday after being diagnosed with pneumonia at a hospital in North Gyeongsang Province. A post-mortem examination revealed the deceased had been infected with the virus.

The central disaster management headquarters (CDMH) said the health authorities were working to determine the exact cause of death, remaining cautious about concluding that he died from the new coronavirus.

The announcement came a day after the administration confirmed 20 additional cases. The surge in the number of infected people has increased Korea's total infections by more than 70 in two days.

Among the 53 new patients, 51 reside in Daegu and the adjacent North Gyeongsang Province, while two are Seoul residents, according to the CDMH.

Of the 51 living in Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province, 28 are believed to have been infected with the virus at a Daegu church attended by the 31st patient, a 61-year-old woman who tested positive Tuesday.

The number of patients believed to have been infected at the church has increased to 43, including 14 confirmed Wednesday and the 31st patient.

The health authorities said the incident at the church was a "super spread" of the infectious virus.

Following the surge in infections in the southeastern region, the government declared that the contagious virus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan, has begun spreading locally.

"We are taking a close look at the cases in Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province," Vice Health and Welfare Minister Kim Kang-lip told reporters. "At this stage, the government judges that COVID-19, which entered the nation from another country, has begun spreading locally although within a limited scope."

He noted the government is changing its quarantine measures to cope with changes in the situation.

"We will maintain efforts to block the influx of the virus from overseas though," Kim said.

As the latest development has stoked fears of the virus spreading rapidly in the southeast, municipalities there have gone on high alert.

The Daegu City Government has sought to question the 1,001 members of the church attended by the 31st patient as she visited there at least twice after becoming symptomatic.

Ninety of them said they had symptoms, while 515 responded they had none, it said, adding that it has been unable to contact the remaining 396. This raises the likelihood that the virus could spread further afield.

"Citizens are advised to wear facial masks and refrain from going out," Daegu Mayor Kwon Young-jin said.

The city has also asked the central government to provide medical staff and relevant equipment if the number of patients in the region continues to grow.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Churches seem to bear the brunt of Covid. Singapore Grace AOG too.

@glockman , better avoid Holy Family Church for a while OK?
Fuck! Then which church should I go to? I must go to church!!!!!

KNN, South Korea beat us liao! Sinkieland is not punching above our weight.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck! Then which church should I go to? I must go to church!!!!!

KNN, South Korea beat us liao! Sinkieland is not punching above our weight.
hanor, i'd recommend the "alternate true bethesda" (atb) church where the treat aching muscles with happy endings, amin!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to the PAP, we've kept the covid-19 virus under control. We're the gold standard, according to WHO.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thanks to the PAP, we've kept the covid-19 virus under control. We're the gold standard, according to WHO.
Since we're on the topic, need to ask you something. So many churches kena wuhaned, people are saying our God is punishing us. As a Christian, I am deeply offended and told them it is because Christianity teaches fellowship and love. We like to be with one another up close, even go to one another's home, loving one another and another, hence the spread. But they do not seem convinced. How ah?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worry one, Singapore will be back to lumber 1 soon. Many already infected but no yet leport. We will surprise the world soon. Spread virus spread.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we're on the topic, need to ask you something. So many churches kena wuhaned, people are saying our God is punishing us. ...I am offended and told them it is because Christianity teaches fellowship and love. We like to be with one another up close, even go to one another's home, loving one another and another, hence the spread. But they do not seem convinced. How ah?
pastor snr...i just read the article in today scmp on the korean church... tats why i always believe, being a free thinker is the best... though it's not the safest. :geek:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats because south korea has superior health and disease detection system.
You're (yet again) sprouting crap. This was a surprise revelation, why then double over 2 days?:cautious:

"The announcement came a day after the administration confirmed 20 additional cases. The surge in the number of infected people has increased Korea's total infections by more than 70 in two days"

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since we're on the topic, need to ask you something. So many churches kena wuhaned, people are saying our God is punishing us. As a Christian, I am deeply offended and told them it is because Christianity teaches fellowship and love. We like to be with one another up close, even go to one another's home, loving one another and another, hence the spread. But they do not seem convinced. How ah?

Why do you need to convince them?

It is not you but Jesus that they have rejected. There are those who prefer to follow hippies, warlords and pedos instead of Jesus. Different strokes for different folks.