• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KON(G) HEE and Gang 'allow' members to pay for their legal fees.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kongHeeFC.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
inSing.com, 1 Aug 2012

City Harvest Church members who want to give money to help offset the legal and court fees of their founder Kong Hee may now do so in their own capacity.

Mr Aries Zulkarnain, the church’s executive pastor, has given his consent to this.

Members may also raise money for the other five people involved in the corruption scandal.

Kong Hee, 47, and five other senior members of the mega church have been charged in court with misusing millions in church funds. Some of them have also been charged with falsifying accounts.

Talking cock.

During cell group meetings, leaders will cho-cho members to "donate" to Con-man legal fees and ostracize those who won't.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, i went there and they 'pressured' me to donate. i always use the tactic of saying, let me come a few more times then i consider.

and no, i'm not a christian. i'm just there to watch taiwan F.I.R perform and also to tackle girls...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Donate money for them to hire lawyers in defense of cooking the financial books?

This is a litmus test for the real morons in the church.

hi there

1. bro, just be patient.
2. such dafter donors are just in denial hoh.
3. wait till one of the charged spill the bean.
4. hahaha! yes the hard truths are just too hard to stomach for such "educated" sheep mah!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These staunch supporters of Kon(g) Hee need to tread carefully. If things get carried too far, at best the church's charitable status could be withdrawn. At worst, it could be forced to close down if found not complying to its Articles and Memorandum. Cheating is criminal offence not a civil offence. With or without the complicity of the victims, they can be found guilty as charged. They need to think of what will become of their donations/investments.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course the members know something is very wrong by now but they are emotionally attached to the church. It's hard.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALL organized religions are the same: take away the money, take away the free labour (for a church, the term is 'serving in ministry'), and it all falls down like a pack of cards. The same is true for mosques and temples and synagogues. They're all there to control you and take your resources (money and time) away from you.

A thought experiment:
Let's say CHC's average weekly turnout for a Sunday service is 100k. Out of those 100k, only 0.1% donate/tithe, and each gives no more than $50. Only 100 people donate $50 each = $5K collected per Sunday service. Do you honestly think CHC would be able to purchase a grand church building in Jurong, hire so many employees, invite guest pastors from overseas to speak, fund Sun Ho's singing career, or even purchase a stake in Suntec?

It's all about the money. Business first, religion second.