• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Knopfler said dont worry , he knows amdk lastest trick

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Baby, I see this world has made you sad Some people can be bad The things they do, the things they say But baby, I'll wipe away those bitter tears I'll chase away those restless fears That turn your blue skies into grey Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain There should be sunshine after rain These things have always been the same So why worry now Why worry now .

All the late night bargains have been struck
Between the satin beaus and their belles
Prehistoric garbage trucks
Have the city to themselves
Echoes roars dinosaurs
They're all doing the monster mash
And most of the taxis, most of the whores
Are only taking calls for cash
Mmmm, I don't know how it happened
It all took place so quick
But all I can do is hand it to you
And your latest trick

jw5

Loyal
Both are great songs. "Why Worry" is one of the very few songs I can play on the guitar. :wink:

Baby, I see this world has made you sad Some people can be bad The things they do, the things they say But baby, I'll wipe away those bitter tears I'll chase away those restless fears That turn your blue skies into grey Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain There should be sunshine after rain These things have always been the same So why worry now Why worry now .

All the late night bargains have been struck
Between the satin beaus and their belles
Prehistoric garbage trucks
Have the city to themselves
Echoes roars dinosaurs
They're all doing the monster mash
And most of the taxis, most of the whores
Are only taking calls for cash
Mmmm, I don't know how it happened
It all took place so quick
But all I can do is hand it to you
And your latest trick

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sultans of Swing.....
You can’t not mention this song when you say Dire Straits. It’s more than 40 years old but it sounds as fresh as it was just released last week

jw5

Loyal
Also listen to these:

-- Telegraph Road (14 minute epic)
-- Private Investigations
-- Love Over Gold
-- Romeo and Juliet
-- Tunnel Of Love

Don't listen to Money For Nothing. It's their worst song. :biggrin:

Sultans of Swing.....
You can’t not mention this song when you say Dire Straits. It’s more than 40 years old but it sounds as fresh as it was just released last week

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also listen to these:

-- Telegraph Road (14 minute epic)
-- Private Investigations
-- Love Over Gold
-- Romeo and Juliet
-- Tunnel Of Love

Don't listen to Money For Nothing. It's their worst song. :biggrin:

agreed, probably their worst

jw5

Loyal
Saw this comment about Mark Knopfler on youtube. He had 503 replies mostly agreeing with him. :thumbsup:

"In my opinion, Mark Knopfler is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He may not be a technical wizard or play lightning fast, blistering solos, or create music which is nearly impossible to replicate and learn to play, all of which seems to be the criteria to be a "great guitarist" by most people's standards.. But Knopfler is an amazing songwriter and in general, he has a profound musical sense. He knows what to play, when to play it, and makes his guitar sing with such gentle elegance that it allows him to communicate so many emotions to his listeners with so few notes. Some of his guitar licks are so beautiful it makes me want to weep. It's a shame he is so underrated when it comes to most people's lists of the greatest guitarists."

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this comment about Mark Knopfler on youtube. He had 503 replies mostly agreeing with him. :thumbsup:

"In my opinion, Mark Knopfler is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He may not be a technical wizard or play lightning fast, blistering solos, or create music which is nearly impossible to replicate and learn to play, all of which seems to be the criteria to be a "great guitarist" by most people's standards.. But Knopfler is an amazing songwriter and in general, he has a profound musical sense. He knows what to play, when to play it, and makes his guitar sing with such gentle elegance that it allows him to communicate so many emotions to his listeners with so few notes. Some of his guitar licks are so beautiful it makes me want to weep. It's a shame he is so underrated when it comes to most people's lists of the greatest guitarists."

the critics usually think that the fastest fingers are the best guitarists, for me i agree with this guy, i think pink floyd is on par with this legend

Reactions: jw5