• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN Lim Chee Guan Take Bakwa From Wholesaler, Boycott!!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN Lim Chee Guan take bakwa from wholesaler, KNN trying to cheat customers...BOYCOTT LIM CHEE GUAN...LIm Chee Guan hor gao kan!! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_462569.html

THE secret is out.

For years, some of the bak kwa sold by popular barbecued meat chain Lim Chee Guan has come from a supplier, Kim Joo Guan. Now, the supplier has opened a retail store in Chinatown and it plans to become a household name with a regional presence.

Kim Joo Guan was founded in 1977 by Mr Ong Bon Seng, 61, as a wholesale business that manufactures and supplies barbecued pork slices to retail shops and restaurants.

The company, managed by his two sons, Arthur, 31, and Ben, 29, had an annual turnover of more than $10million last year and its handmade bak kwa is sold by about five retail brands.

Among its clients, Lim Chee Guan is the most prominent, attracting long queues during Chinese New Year. Fans include Hong Kong celebrities Nancy Sit and Deborah Li.

Mr Arthur Ong says the bak kwa he supplies and sells is made using the same recipe which his father inherited from his grandmother.

G

General Veers

No lah you open one and compete head on with them. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

General Veers

Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Dec 4, 2009

Supplier opens shop
By Huang Lijie <--- fcuking PRC!:oIo:
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
KJG-ashsim.jpg

Mr Arthur Ong says the bak kwa he supplies and sells is made using the same recipe which his father inherited from his grandmother. -- ST PHOTO: ASHLEIGH SIM

<!-- story content : start --> THE secret is out.
For years, some of the bak kwa sold by popular barbecued meat chain Lim Chee Guan has come from a supplier, Kim Joo Guan. Now, the supplier has opened a retail store in Chinatown and it plans to become a household name with a regional presence. Kim Joo Guan was founded in 1977 by Mr Ong Bon Seng, 61, as a wholesale business that manufactures and supplies barbecued pork slices to retail shops and restaurants. The company, managed by his two sons, Arthur, 31, and Ben, 29, had an annual turnover of more than $10million last year and its handmade bak kwa is sold by about five retail brands. Among its clients, Lim Chee Guan is the most prominent, attracting long queues during Chinese New Year. Fans include Hong Kong celebrities Nancy Sit and Deborah Li. Mr Arthur Ong says the bak kwa he supplies and sells is made using the same recipe which his father inherited from his grandmother.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For years, some of the bak kwa sold by popular barbecued meat chain Lim Chee Guan has come from a supplier, Kim Joo Guan. Now, the supplier has opened a retail store in Chinatown and it plans to become a household name with a regional presence. ...
lim chee guan vs kim joo guan ... ah guan vs ah guan ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang Serai mkt already has 2. One next to the sugar cane juice seller is the more popular one.

Actually i have plan to open one at the new Geylang Serai Mkt and food center. Cannot find anyone selling pork bakwa there, so no competition, chance of making $ is good. :p

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i have plan to open one at the new Geylang Serai Mkt and food center. Cannot find anyone selling pork bakwa there, so no competition, chance of making $ is good. :p

geylang serai thought muslim place?? can sell bakwa??? then pork burger can?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm waiting for the die-hard LCG fuckwit supporters to appear here and start arguing about LCG's cooking method being different from the rest.

KNN Lim Chee Guan take bakwa from wholesaler, KNN trying to cheat customers...BOYCOTT LIM CHEE GUAN...LIm Chee Guan hor gao kan!! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

THE secret is out.

For years, some of the bak kwa sold by popular barbecued meat chain Lim Chee Guan has come from a supplier, Kim Joo Guan. Now, the supplier has opened a retail store in Chinatown and it plans to become a household name with a regional presence.

Kim Joo Guan was founded in 1977 by Mr Ong Bon Seng, 61, as a wholesale business that manufactures and supplies barbecued pork slices to retail shops and restaurants.

The company, managed by his two sons, Arthur, 31, and Ben, 29, had an annual turnover of more than $10million last year and its handmade bak kwa is sold by about five retail brands.

Among its clients, Lim Chee Guan is the most prominent, attracting long queues during Chinese New Year. Fans include Hong Kong celebrities Nancy Sit and Deborah Li.

Mr Arthur Ong says the bak kwa he supplies and sells is made using the same recipe which his father inherited from his grandmother.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you should sell kway chap there. Sure good business

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean u always thought that lim chee guan made their own bak kwa? i always know that their supplier is in woodlands

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
go JB and buy.

too much hype over this sort of unneccessary commodities for CNY.
the more you queue for it, the more they jack up the prices.

down the road, I won't be surprised if there is an upcoming hype about Lim Chee Guan pineapple tarts costing $200 a box or Boh Kum Guan love letters costing $300 a kg with queues snaking fron Chinatown all the way to Bugis MRT stations.

it all boils down to the face problem of typical singaporeans.
"my bak kwa I only buy LCG one, other brands I don't buy. eeeee you buy that bak kwa, no brand one..eeee not nice to eat one. eeee."

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

THE secret is out.

T

here's nothing wrong with that, what I know is that many well known japanese LCD company get their supplies from Samsung