• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KKJ: Western Media Conspire Against China Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Western media should stop China bashing
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_13OLYPIC1.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Seven-year-old Yang Peiyi, who has a chubby face and uneven teeth, sang the song but was deemed 'unsuitable' for the stage. -- PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
c.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS disturbing to read on Yahoo about the constant bombardments and negative reports by the Western media on the Beijing Olympics.
First, there was the claim by a Mr Chris Chase that part of the opening ceremony fireworks display was 'fake' and superimposed for TV viewers.
Then Mr Chase posted a photo of the Spanish basketball team posing with slant eyes, and called the Spaniards 'racists'. One can only wonder if he was angry and impartial, or merely amused by their antics.
If that was not enough, I read an article by a Ms Cara Anna about the 'dupe', where the pretty little girl at the opening ceremony apparently mimed the voice of another.
Then I heard on foreign radio a report that at many of the Games venues, China 'planted' spectators to fill the seats. What, may I ask, is wrong with that? Even Western show promoters fill seats at their mega concerts with free giveaway tickets.
All mere paper-selling stories? Or are they reported with a sinister tinge of envy? Needless to say, before the Olympic flame goes out, I will read and hear more such reports.
Regardless, I salute China for the great job it has done so far in its goal to achieve 'One world, one dream'. The opening ceremony was truly 'the greatest show on earth', as promised.
The best way for China to shut everyone up is to go on and win as many gold medals as possible, top the medal tally and reign supreme in sports, which is what the Olympics are supposed to be all about in the first place.
Khoo Kah Liang <!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why should China, or any country, be free from criticism? Is China special that it should be above criticism?

If the reader feels that the criticism is unfair, then rebut it point-for-point with the cold hard facts.

Unfortunately the reader chose to indulge in the same rhetoric that he accuses other people of.

If western media are out to throw stones at China without any basis, they will eventually discredit themselves. If the reader wants to hasten that process, he should stop speaking in the same tongues of his opponents.

China cheats by resorting to having one girl mime and having computer graphics in place of fireworks. Simple as that.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
China cheats by resorting to having one girl mime and having computer graphics in place of fireworks. Simple as that.

"Cheat" is too strong a word.

Going by the same logic we can accuse Li Ning of not running in the air to light the Olympic flame.

C'mon .... The opening ceremony was a show. So let's be entertained.