• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Kishore Keling Gets Fired For Talking Cock About Small States!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
31322648.JPG

SINGAPORE — Professor Kishore Mahbubani will step down as dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP) at the end of the year, said the National University of Singapore (NUS) in a media release on Monday (Nov 6).

Explaining his decision, Prof Mahbubani wrote in a letter dated Monday and sent to the LKYSPP governing board — where he has served for more than 13 years — that he had realised that “the time had come for me to take a fresh look at what I should achieve over the next decade as I enter my 70s”.

He turned 69 about two weeks ago, and as his birthday neared, he had thought about his experience with a double heart bypass surgery last year, he said.

Prof Mahbubani, who is the school’s founding dean, made headlines in July when his commentary published in the Straits Times on how small states should behave like small states drew criticism from Law Minister K Shanmugam and senior diplomats including Ambassador at Large Bilahari Kausikan.

NUS will begin its search for the next dean and an acting dean will be appointed from January next year. In his letter, Prof Mahbubani noted that he has been working in an administrative position for 46 years, including 33 years in the Singapore Foreign Service, with postings in Cambodia, Malaysia, Washington DC, and twice as ambassador to the United Nations. He left the Foreign Service after he became the dean of LKYSPP in 2004.

“After 46 years, I thought that my life should take a new direction,” said Prof Mahbubani, who was Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 1993 to 1998.

“I have therefore decided to step down as Dean on Dec 31 this year and to focus on a new career that involves more time spent on reading, reflection and writing. I need to re-build my store of intellectual capital, if I am to carry my writing up to a higher level.”

NUS has allowed him to go on a nine-month sabbatical from Jan 1. After which, he will return to the university, before retiring fully in 2019.

Recognised internationally as an expert on Asian and international affairs, Prof Mahbubani was selected as one of Foreign Policy’s Top Global Thinkers in 2010 and 2011.

Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, who chairs the LKYSPP governing board, lauded Prof Mahbubani’s “dedication and leadership” in building up the school from scratch. “He has firmly established the school as an internationally renowned institution for public policy education and research in Asia. The governing board deeply appreciates Kishore’s tireless efforts as the founding dean of the LKY School,” he said.

NUS President Professor Tan Chorh Chuan also praised Prof Mahbubani’s work, noting that he had built a “solid academic and institutional foundation for the school… positioning it as a global thought leader in public policy with an Asian focus”.

The university said that during Prof Mahbubani’s tenure, LKSYSPP gained a strong international reputation as Asia’s leading public policy school, and a thought leader in key areas of public policy research, such as topics like global governance, policy studies and public management, water and environment policy, competitiveness in Asia, and social policy in Asia.

Thanking the university, the governing board, as well as colleagues and students for their support, Prof Mahbubani said: “It has been a real privilege and honour to be the founding Dean of the LKY School and to watch its spectacular growth and success. It is now in a very strong position to move ahead on its own.”

In July, Prof Mahbubani published a commentary titled Qatar: Big Lessons from a Small Country where he wrote that Qatar’s rift with Saudi Arabia and its allies stemmed from the belief “that it could act as a middle power and interfere in affairs beyond its borders.”

The article drew a sharp rebuttal from Mr Kausikan, who wrote on Facebook post that “independent Singapore would not have survived and prospered if they always behaved like the leaders of a small state as Kishore advocates”. He said he was “ashamed” that “Kishore should advocate subordination as a norm of Singapore foreign policy”.

Mr Shanmugam subsequently called the piece ‘‘intellectually questionable’’, adding that Singapore did not get to where it is by thinking small.

In response to the criticism, Prof Mahbubani noted that the responses to his piece reflect the state of intellectual discourse in Singapore. “I hope you will agree with my big point that Singapore needs to become more prudent in its public statements,” he had added in a note to media editors.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...p-down-dean-lee-kuan-yew-school-public-policy

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kishore just got sacked from his Dean post of LKY School of Public Policy by dictator Lee Hsien Loong.

Recently during the dispute between LHL and LHY, Kishore commentated that LKY was respected by all world leaders, but not the present leadership which triggered a big quarrel between Kishore and LHL's attack dog, Bilahari Kausikan.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was one of the few voices of sanity who recognized Amos for what he was back in 2015... A 16 yr old kid writing articles.

He must be sick of the establishment as well.

He can run for president against halimah in the next round.

Go Kishore!

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like how these elite fuckers can give all kinds of fuck stories and sorry excuses just to give the public impression that they got fired from their job.

Why? No dignity is it?

Just write a letter that says: "I got fucked, so I quit" lah.

Why must say grandma-give-birth, grandpa-get-married kind of story? Not say SPH now very free got so many reporter can cover your story.....

Nin-nao-hiah

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spit at LHL and will rejoice in his death. His weak constitution makes him see demons everywhere. Just trying to stay alive is already too much a feat for him. So any problem is a challenge to his life. His demise is the birth of a new Singapore. He is unnecessary. Wait till the leaders of the world gives him zero cooperation. Giving money to buy support does not work for spastics.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be a good time to audit Kishore keling to make sure he hasn't been cheating on his taxes like an oppie.

That is secondary..

The more important self audit is this..
" The greatest happiness is having a good conscience."

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai yah. Can' u see every good horse is leaving.

Porlumparers also know which good horse to follow.

Pinky is learning fast from trumpet start sacking....

Enjoy.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the time you retire at 69 it’s too late. sinkies must consider retiring way before hitting 69.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see no reason why companies/govt/stat boards/universities ect2 should employ anyone after the retirement age of 62.
If people want to work after 62, there is nothing to stop them from running their own consultancy or be a speaker ect2.
If he is any good, companies around the world will pay money to consult him or appoint him as an adviser or on their Board .
Why didn't Harvard offer him a position?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was one of the few voices of sanity who recognized Amos for what he was back in 2015... A 16 yr old kid writing articles.

He must be sick of the establishment as well.

He can run for president against halimah in the next round.

Go Kishore!

According to Loong, people like him must be taken out one by one. The rest of them can only propogate my view, no other views except mine.