• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khoo Teng Puat Contemporary, Public Bank Founder just died

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
In those days, many bankers graduated from OCBC. Khoo Teng Puat and Teh Hong Piow.

In those days, there was no POSB and DBS banks. All the bankers were some how linked you Lee and Tan family.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khoo Teng Puat was only 87yo if still was still alive. I guess he died young due to too much whisky at a Good Wood Park ? Tiagong he drank whisky there everyday during his final years

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Enough OCBC for you in this picture?

singapores-top-families-political-connections3.jpg

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may surprise some to discover that Mr. Teh was actually born in Singapore on 14th March 1930. He spent his younger days there, studying in the Anglo Chinese School in Singapore. Then, in 1950, Mr. Teh began his banking career. He started out as a bank clerk in Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation Ltd (OCBC).

He is 92 years old/

Mr. Teh rose through the ranks quickly and was promoted to being an officer by 1955. He married Puan Sri Datin Sri Tay Sock Noy a year later in 1956 and they were blessed with four children. However, Mr. Teh then joined Malayan Banking Berhad as a Manager in 1960. This time, he only took four years before he became a General Manager at the age of 34.
In 1966, Mr. Teh left Malayan Banking. This time, he started his own banking services, that is Public Bank. It first began its business on 6th August 1966 at Jalan Gereja, Kuala Lumpur. Since that day, Mr. Teh oversaw its growth into the institution it is today with a wide network of 265 domestic and two overseas branches. Currently, the bank is the second largest company listed no Bursa Malaysia. It also has a market capitalization of RM85 billion.

HIS NEW WIFE
Teh1.jpeg

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teh’s early lessons in virtue of hard work​

Public Bank Bhd founder and chairman Tan Sri Teh Hong Piow was born on March 14, 1930, into a humble and modest family in Singapore.
According to the Chinese calendar, he was born in the Year of the Horse, which symbolises speed and power.
He is the eldest son of a migrant family. His father was an immigrant from Guangdong province, China, who left for Malaya at the age of 15.
His father worked as a cook for free board and lodging until he had scraped together enough to become a small-time salesman and trader, dealing in clocks, watches, spectacles, vegetables and fruits – turning his hand to anything to make a meagre living.
Teh’s mother died when he was six.
“I had to take care of my siblings which made me a more caring person at a young age,” Teh told StarBiz.
His father re-married and the family grew to six boys and three girls. “He had to exercise thrift and stringent management of his meagre income to support the family,” Teh said. It probably sowed the seeds of the caring boss he was to become.
Teh grew up knowing what it was like to be poor, speaking of hand-me-downs, which were too large, worn and patched. He had very little pocket money and could not buy food at the school canteen like the other boys but had to make do with bread from home to the derision of his more fortunate companions.
He used to save his money for a rare treat of his favorite food – beef noodles or mee siam. He also did not possess a bicycle of his own but had to make do with the shop bike with its large, tell-tale carrier at the back.
TehHongPiowBB.jpg

The Teh family was highly traditional. “My father was a very strict disciplinarian; I took his words as command,” he said.
His father had very little communication with the children, except as an authority figure. Teh had to be home by 9pm even as a teenager.
Teh was bright at school and loved books but unfortunately could not afford to further his studies.
“In school, I was very active in the Boys Brigade. I was also a class monitor. My early ambition was to study law after secondary school, but my father could only support me up to the Cambridge Overseas School Certificate level. I had to start work the day after I sat for my school leaving examination,” he said.
This was nothing new. Teh remembers having to work while still schooling to support his family.
“Being the eldest son, I had to help my father in his business,” he said.
Even then he had an eye for profit, earning money for himself from his hobby of photography. He also enjoys reading and was a keen football fan.
Similar to LKY sold gums, Teh sold cigarettes on five-foot way to supplement the family income during the Japanese occupation.
The hardship was not without a legacy. Teh learned very early the virtue of hard work. It also made him very resourceful. Denied of higher education, he had to seek upward mobility in less conventional ways.
If leaders are not born, life’s experiences make them such. In Teh’s case, it was his years at Oversea Chinese Banking Corp and Malayan Banking that were the incubators of his future career.

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
In May 2007, the family of the late hotelier and banker, Mr Khoo Teck Puat, donated $125 million towards the building of the hospital and the welfare of patients in financial need. Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH) was named in recognition of their contribution.

So the namesake of this public hospital was built in memory of the patriarch of one of Singapore’s richest families. This time, it’s Khoo Teck Puat, once dubbed Singapore’s richest man. They are in good books with the Lion aka devil. That means their wealth is NOT earned in a hard way.

The elder Khoo was born into a comfortable family, as his father owned stakes in two Hokkien banks.
These later merged to form an early OCBC. Khoo eventually started Maybank in 1960.

Forbes lists them as SG's 8th wealthiest family in SG with Net Woth of about $6.9B

• The Khoos are the heirs of late banker Khoo Teck Puat, who invested in Standard Chartered Bank in 1986.
  • The lion's share of their fortune comes from the sale of their stake in Standard Chartered Bank for $4 billion in 2006.
  • The Khoos also control the Goodwood Group of Hotels, chaired by Mavis Khoo-Oei (pictured), which owns Singapore's historic Goodwood Park Hotel.
  • The Khoo Foundation, the family's charitable arm, funded the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital in Singapore, which opened in 2010.
  • The main source of wealth recently is from May Bank.

Last edited:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who were in good books with both Lion and Dragon are the most elite in the global world. (Rothschild family)

Some are in good books with Lion and Dragon in SG are rich in Asia and they became so wealthy effortlessly with NO fear or restriction.
You may see their volatile wealth would vanish when the economy collapse/

TOP 50 RICHEST IN SG (FORBES) in 2022
# NAME NET-WORTH INDUSTRY
1. Li Xiting $15.6 B Healthcare
2. Robert & Philip Ng $15.2 B Real Estate
3. Goh Cheng Liang $13 B Manufacturing
4. Eduardo Saverin $9.6 B Media & Entertainment
5. Kwek Leng Beng & family $9.3 B Real Estate
6. Zhang Yong & Shu Ping $7.7 B Food & Beverage
7. Leo Koguan $7.6 B Technology
8. Khoo family $6.9 B Real Estate (May Bank)
9. Wee Cho Yaw $6.8 B Finance & Investments (UOB bank)
10. Kwee brothers $5.8 B Real Estate
11. Forrest Li $4.2 B Media & Entertainment
12. Kuok Khoon Hong family $3.9 B Food & Beverage
13. Gang Ye $2.8 B Media & Entertainment
14. Raj Kumar & Kishin RK $2.7 B Real Estate
15. Richard Chandler $2.6 B Finance & Investments
16. Peter Lim $2.55 B Finance & Investments
17. Sam Goi $2.5 B Food & Beverage
18. Arvind Tiku $2.45 B Energy
19. Choo Chong Ngen $2. B Real Estate
20. Robert Friedland $2.3 B Metals & Mining
21. Lee family $2.2 B Finance & Investments
22. Oei Hong Leong $2 B Finance & Investments
23. Ho family $1.8 B Finance & Investments
24. Ong Beng Seng and Christina Ong $1.75 B Diversified
25. Asok Kumar Hiranandani $1.65 B Real Estate
26. Tay family $1.6 B Real Estate
27. Lien family $1.55 B Finance & Investments
28. Chua Thian Poh $1.5 B Real Estate
29. Zhong Sheng Jian $1.45 B Real Estate
30. Chew Gek Khim & family $1.43 B Diversified
31. Ron Sim $1.42 B Fashion & Retail
32. Binny Bansal $1.4 B Technology
33. Tang Wee Kit & family $1.3 B Fashion & Retail
34. Lim Hock Chee & family $1.2 B Fashion & Retail
35. Koh Wee Meng $1.15 B Real Estate
36. John Lim $1.14 B Real Estate
37. Gordon & Celine Tang $1.1 B Real Estate
38. Peter Fu Chong Cheng & family $1.07 B Diversified
39. Yao Hsiao Tung $1.05 B Manufacturing
40. Wong brothers $1.04 B Fashion & Retail
41. Michael Kum $1.02 B Real Estate
42. Muhammed Aziz Khan $1 B Energy
43. Min-Liang Tan $995 M Media & Entertainment
44. Loo Choon Yong $990 M Healthcare
45. Lim Chap Huat $955 M Real Estate
46. Saurabh Mittal $900 M Finance & Investments
47. Laurent Junique $825 M Technology
48. David Chen $745 M Media & Entertainment
49. Cheng Wai Keung $720 M Real Estate
50. Shi Xu $705 M Technology

My Verdict

You see lot of them from Real Estate business in SG but it is expected to fall
Technology and gaming will be replaced with newer technology. Existing technology will become obsolete.

All these folks may take time off to RELAC and enjoy their life on earth as their life is so short.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who were in good books with both Lion and Dragon are the most elite in the global world. (Rothschild family)

Some are in good books with Lion and Dragon in SG are rich in Asia and they became so wealthy effortlessly with NO fear or restriction.
You may see their volatile wealth would vanish when the economy collapse/

TOP 50 RICHEST IN SG (FORBES) in 2022
# NAME NET-WORTH INDUSTRY
1. Li Xiting $15.6 B Healthcare
2. Robert & Philip Ng $15.2 B Real Estate
3. Goh Cheng Liang $13 B Manufacturing
4. Eduardo Saverin $9.6 B Media & Entertainment
5. Kwek Leng Beng & family $9.3 B Real Estate
6. Zhang Yong & Shu Ping $7.7 B Food & Beverage
7. Leo Koguan $7.6 B Technology
8. Khoo family $6.9 B Real Estate (May Bank)
9. Wee Cho Yaw $6.8 B Finance & Investments (UOB bank)
10. Kwee brothers $5.8 B Real Estate
11. Forrest Li $4.2 B Media & Entertainment
12. Kuok Khoon Hong family $3.9 B Food & Beverage
13. Gang Ye $2.8 B Media & Entertainment
14. Raj Kumar & Kishin RK $2.7 B Real Estate
15. Richard Chandler $2.6 B Finance & Investments
16. Peter Lim $2.55 B Finance & Investments
17. Sam Goi $2.5 B Food & Beverage
18. Arvind Tiku $2.45 B Energy
19. Choo Chong Ngen $2. B Real Estate
20. Robert Friedland $2.3 B Metals & Mining
21. Lee family $2.2 B Finance & Investments
22. Oei Hong Leong $2 B Finance & Investments
23. Ho family $1.8 B Finance & Investments
24. Ong Beng Seng and Christina Ong $1.75 B Diversified
25. Asok Kumar Hiranandani $1.65 B Real Estate
26. Tay family $1.6 B Real Estate
27. Lien family $1.55 B Finance & Investments
28. Chua Thian Poh $1.5 B Real Estate
29. Zhong Sheng Jian $1.45 B Real Estate
30. Chew Gek Khim & family $1.43 B Diversified
31. Ron Sim $1.42 B Fashion & Retail
32. Binny Bansal $1.4 B Technology
33. Tang Wee Kit & family $1.3 B Fashion & Retail
34. Lim Hock Chee & family $1.2 B Fashion & Retail
35. Koh Wee Meng $1.15 B Real Estate
36. John Lim $1.14 B Real Estate
37. Gordon & Celine Tang $1.1 B Real Estate
38. Peter Fu Chong Cheng & family $1.07 B Diversified
39. Yao Hsiao Tung $1.05 B Manufacturing
40. Wong brothers $1.04 B Fashion & Retail
41. Michael Kum $1.02 B Real Estate
42. Muhammed Aziz Khan $1 B Energy
43. Min-Liang Tan $995 M Media & Entertainment
44. Loo Choon Yong $990 M Healthcare
45. Lim Chap Huat $955 M Real Estate
46. Saurabh Mittal $900 M Finance & Investments
47. Laurent Junique $825 M Technology
48. David Chen $745 M Media & Entertainment
49. Cheng Wai Keung $720 M Real Estate
50. Shi Xu $705 M Technology

My Verdict

You see lot of them from Real Estate business in SG but it is expected to fall
Technology and gaming will be replaced with newer technology. Existing technology will become obsolete.

All these folks may take time off to RELAC and enjoy their life on earth as their life is so short.
Where is the name of Adam Khoo ? he always tell people that he is making huge money from his investment and he is the grand son of Khoo Teck Puat

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the name of Adam Khoo ? he always tell people that he is making huge money from his investment and he is the grand son of Khoo Teck Puat
Khoo’s children have kept a relatively low-profile recently, despite being part of one of Singapore’s richest families:
  • Daughter Mavis chairs the Goodwood Group of Hotels
  • Daughter Elizabeth also dabbles in hospitality as the managing director of York Hotel
  • Son Eric is the most prominent of the three. A filmmaker, he is behind popular films 881 and Mee Pok Man

Adam Khoo is not in the 50 list

Last edited: