• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw doesnt understand wat does buddha got to do with muslim

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
that the reason SDP trying to point, take away your religion and talks politic here.

Khaw responds to SDP's criticism
He says mention of him being Buddhist is fact, on claim he had mixed religion, politics

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan yesterday said he was merely stating a fact when he mentioned he was a Buddhist last week when responding to allegations by the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).

'I'm a Buddhist, that's well known. I have nothing to hide. I think everybody knows that. What's wrong with that?' he said.

The issue has its roots in a press conference held by the SDP last Thursday.

Explaining why the party wanted to contest Sembawang GRC, where Mr Khaw is an MP, SDP secretary-general Chee Soon Juan said this was partly because of the insensitivity of Mr Khaw. 'I mean, can you believe a minister would come and tell Singaporeans: Why don't you send your parents to Johor Baru?' he said.

In Parliament in February 2009, Mr Khaw said Singaporeans could save money by using JB nursing homes.

Asked to comment on Dr Chee's remarks last Thursday night, Mr Khaw said Dr Chee's allegation was a 'total fabrication'.

He said that, in his religion, 'one of the most sinful things' is to lack filial piety. 'If you don't look after your parents well, after death you go straight down to hell. No Buddha can help you. No god can help you,' he said.

'So I'm brought up in a very Confucianist family, filial piety is the foundation of my whole life's principles. So how could Khaw Boon Wan be recommending Singaporeans to dump their parents, whether in nursing homes in Singapore or nursing homes elsewhere? So you know that obviously is just fabrication.'

As for his remark on the nursing home, he explained that he was merely making a comment because he happened to visit a nursing home in Johor Baru. The cost there was, to be expected, very much cheaper than Singapore.

'So that was the observation I made, it then became twisted into Khaw Boon Wan asking Singaporeans to dump their parents in Johor Baru.'

Last Friday, the SDP issued a release saying it took 'serious issue' with Mr Khaw for 'mixing religion with politics'. It added: 'The issue is about ministerial accountability and health-care costs. We are asking Mr Khaw to stick to the issues and not to mix religion with politics.'

Yesterday, Mr Khaw reiterated that he had never suggested that people dump their parents in Johor. 'That is utter rubbish.'

He said: 'I'm a brave man, but I'm not a reckless man. So when I talk about my religion, I'm saying that hey, in my religion, that is a very serious sin. Do I dare to commit such a sin. I don't lie, I don't do such things. I looked after my parents well. And I encourage people to look after their parents well.'

Saying the SDP would want to twist his words to suit its political purpose, he added: 'But the bottom line is, Sembawang residents, after five years, know me well. Let them judge on May 7. Did Khaw Boon Wan lie? Or did the other party lie?'

Salma Khalik

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I'm a Buddhist, that's well known. I have nothing to hide. I think everybody knows that. What's wrong with that?' he said.

Haha....reminds me of Tang Liang Hong being accused of being anti-Christian and anti-English educated etc.

Just like a Christian who goes around saying: "Hey ! You know I'm a Christian, I don't do this I don't do that..." You know very well that that person is desperate.

Instead of bearing testimony for this religion, the person is seeking to do the reverse - seeking the goodwill of his religion to bear testimony for him.

SDP secretary-general Chee Soon Juan said this was partly because of the insensitivity of Mr Khaw. 'I mean, can you believe a minister would come and tell Singaporeans: Why don't you send your parents to Johor Baru?' he said.

In Parliament in February 2009, Mr Khaw said Singaporeans could save money by using JB nursing homes.

Asked to comment on Dr Chee's remarks last Thursday night, Mr Khaw said Dr Chee's allegation was a 'total fabrication'.

'So that was the observation I made, it then became twisted into Khaw Boon Wan asking Singaporeans to dump their parents in Johor Baru.'

To be fair to Dr Chee, he didn't use the word "dump". The word "dump" is a "fabrication" by Khaw himself no less.

Nobody is interested in Khaw's personal filial piety. Khaw can send his parents to Johor Bahru and no Singaporean will complain.

It seems that Khaw is trying to lay the ground for a defamatory suit by 'twisting' Dr Chee's words and make what seems to be an issue of social politics to his personal filial piety.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha is crying.Buddha knows Khaw does not do what he preaches.Buddah is crying for the people for the sufferings inflicted by Khaw.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be very fair to Chee

To be fair to Dr Chee, he didn't use the word "dump". The word "dump" is a "fabrication" by Khaw himself no less.

Yes, let's be very fair to Chee. What was his words?

From the horse mouth: "can you believe a minister would come and tell Singaporeans, well you know, you could just send your parents to Johore Bahru"
source 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWRpiJERtg

The party's secretary general, Dr Chee Soon Juan, told reporters the reason for contesting Sembawang was because of Minister Khaw Boon Wan's 'sheer insensitivity' in asking Singaporeans to send their parents to Johore Bahru nursing homes.
source 2: http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4790844
source 3: http://buildingdeep.blogspot.com/2011/04/singapore-opposition-parties-quotable.html

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... He said that, in his religion, 'one of the most sinful things' is to lack filial piety. 'If you don't look after your parents well, after death you go straight down to hell. No Buddha can help you. No god can help you,' he said.

'So I'm brought up in a very Confucianist family, filial piety is the foundation of my whole life's principles. So how could Khaw Boon Wan be recommending Singaporeans to dump their parents, whether in nursing homes in Singapore or nursing homes elsewhere? So you know that obviously is just fabrication.' ...
me really dun like tis burger ... ur parens not his parens wat ... y he care? ... u xpect tis burger 2 care ur parens mor dan his million $ salary ... :rolleyes:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY should arrest KBW and any MP who talk about personal religion in public in their official capacity.