• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keto diet: low carb & low sugar

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone should know that eating too much carbohydrates is not healthy. It causes plenty of heath problems like diabetes, heart problems,.. etc
Unfortunately carbs is in many of our snacks & comfort foods, so it is difficult to avoid

I have been struggling to find alternative foods which have reduce carbs & sugar. There is of course juicing of greens but what else can one do?
I recently came across this book about the Keto diet which is low on sugar & carbs. it has many simple recipes that are easy to follow.

From the book I found out useful info about sugar substitutes that are healthier than sugar. You can use liquid stevia or erythrito.

More & more people are having problems with wheat. The book lists alternatives such as almond flour, coconut flour, ... I've seen Cold Storage selling these flours. Or go check with iHerb.com. They carry plenty of different flours.

The book also lists fibres one can add to cookies e.g. pysllum husk powder, oat fibre & flax meal.

In my visits to electrical shops like Best Denki, Harvey Norman, Courts,.. I would see the Philips Past Maker. Back then I thought that it was just another expensive product that few would use. I now think differently & will be getting one to make fresh almond, quinoa, coconut pasta. It will be a nice change from eating just basmati rice. I've seen the videos on youtube & making your own past is easy & only takes 10 to15 minutes,
I am also thinking about baking my own bread. DIY would allow me to bake wheatless bread & cut down on sugars, additives, etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most whole and natural foods have minimal carbs and sugars..egg, carrot, spinach, tomatoes, natural meats etc

May be true with veggies, meat, fish, ....

However not true with white rice & white bread. Asian who eat rice as a staple have a high rate of diabetes e.g. Malaysians. There are also other reasons to avoid rice & wheat, people are developing allergies to gluten. Had a colleague who didn't know she had this problem until she got checked.

When people get older many are borderline diabetic. So it's healthier to limit carb intake.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie diet.
FHyrfCdgT3mBgSxCzBjveA.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently came across this book about the Keto diet which is low on sugar & carbs.
Please research correctly. Keto diet is not the Atkins diet (high protein low carb). keto diet is also about increasing fat which makes the body use fat as fuel instead of carbs (body takes a week to 2 months to reach a state called "keto adapted").

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As grassroots leaders, we promote the HPB's healthy diet pyramid to our residents, coupled with physical activities like line dancing, taichi and walk-a-jogs. You are better off eating more carbs, and cutting down meat, fatty food and sweet drinks.

Healthy-Eating.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please research correctly. Keto diet is not the Atkins diet (high protein low carb). keto diet is also about increasing fat which makes the body use fat as fuel instead of carbs (body takes a week to 2 months to reach a state called "keto adapted").
Atkins diet includes fat. But avoid carbo based on theory that cavemen eat meat(laden with protein and fat) and wild fruits and agriculture produce (rice, wheat, barley, corn.....) is not suitable for our body.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As grassroots leaders, we promote the HPB's healthy diet pyramid to our residents, coupled with physical activities like line dancing, taichi and walk-a-jogs. You are better off eating more carbs, and cutting down meat, fatty food and sweet drinks.

Healthy-Eating.jpg
The food pyramid paradigm is deemed outdated by nutrition scientists. Can't blame them - just look at the obesity rates of America

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Atkins diet includes fat. But avoid carbo based on theory that cavemen eat meat(laden with protein and fat) and wild fruits and agriculture produce (rice, wheat, barley, corn.....) is not suitable for our body.
The caveman diet avoids all kinds of processed foods and refined sugars. That's neither Atkins nor Keto

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The caveman diet avoids all kinds of processed foods and refined sugars. That's neither Atkins nor Keto

Group exercise was the key, imagine trying to fight a bear for its cave in the good old days, or fighting a bear trying to claim your cave as its own.

So let's do the Great Singapore Workout! Come on, don't be shy!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The food pyramid paradigm is deemed outdated by nutrition scientists. Can't blame them - just look at the obesity rates of America

The obesity rates of America has a lot more to do with binge eating, alcoholism, junk food, too much sweet desserts and lack of exercise.

As a good grassroots leader, I follow HPB's diet pyramid closely. With regular exercise, watching of sugar intact, gym, my waist level is fine and I'm not fat nor obese. The SAF troops also follow a similar diet pyramid.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everything in moderation. keto can be too drastic for some. i’m not on keto but i’m nearly there except for the high fat intake. my diet is extremely low on carb thus less glucose for the brain. so brain burns body fat to function. in so doing i’m losing much body fat and resulting weight is also down. but i eat less meat (and fat), and after body fat almost kena burned by brain my muscle mass starts to get consumed for every ounce of fat. and then kena constipation. since intake of fat has side effects for heart and arteries, i’m back on some carbs to forestall further deterioration of muscle mass (after body fat is burned) by allowing brain to enjoy some glucose. keto is originally concocted for children with epilepsy by using body fat to feed the brain. thus it’s not for me as it has tremendous repercussions and side effects, such as severe weight loss and constipation. i need to maintain muscle mass minus meat and fat intake, but brain needs fuel, thus a little carb to sextisfy the brain.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Group exercise was the key, imagine trying to fight a bear for its cave in the good old days, or fighting a bear trying to claim your cave as its own.

So let's do the Great Singapore Workout! Come on, don't be shy!

all these workouts always full of aunties.. ..
you must be 1 of those odd uncles in the group... no wonder you always promote TT sex..:geek:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all these workouts always full of aunties.. ..
you must be 1 of those odd uncles in the group... no wonder you always promote TT sex..:geek:
i see them doing chants and jackshit at east coast park every weekend on my 69km bike rides. by the time i make my return trip can see them sitting idle at cafes drinking venti frap lattes and makaning away. all these sinkie group “workouts” are hopeless unless they do the triathalon. i won’t encourage running for these sinkies as their hip, knee and ankle joints will get busted as they age. aerobic cycling and or swimming is best for them.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i see them doing chants and jackshit at east coast park every weekend on my 69km bike rides.

which group are you talking about? starting from big splash to bedok jetty, there are many groups, the red t-shirt white pants group doing Chen style TaiJi, or the QiGong 18 stances? Or is it that BaGuaZhang walking around the trees? Or the TaiJiJian group? The TaiJi Fan group? Or the group of milfs in light blue walking in a line near the Siglap canal side? Aiyo... so many...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which group are you talking about? starting from big splash to bedok jetty, there are many groups, the red t-shirt white pants group doing Chen style TaiJi, or the QiGong 18 stances? Or is it that BaGuaZhang walking around the trees? Or the TaiJiJian group? The TaiJi Fan group? Or the group of milfs in light blue walking in a line near the Siglap canal side? Aiyo... so many...
all of them. color coded. they need to differentiate by color to distinguish themselves - like nortenos gangbangers who wear red and surenos gangbangers who wear blue.
nortenos14.jpeg

l.jpg