• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keppel Corporation Shares

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL ..Your nemesis will come out and claim he made 1000% in Apple & Google ..I will applaud him if he mentioned that in post #2 of this thread and shut your trap..instead he blathered with you on 1 stock for 10 pages in this thread over 1 year. :notworthy::speechless: I think he is dying for your attention :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
KC was traded at $6.94 yesterday and closed at $6.91 with a huge 6.5m shares. Over the last four days, KC rose 19%. It will easier cross $7 next week

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
not likely. KC is making money and well diversified. Hyflux was mismanaged
KC golden era is oredi long done.... and you'll likely not live to see the return of their good old days...
TC pre-mpt offer for KC with a 1 year window... is a message to the KC top mgt to wake up or ship out...
"making $$ and well diversified ???" .... please enlightened further ... keen to know ..
only ah gong will know.... how much they paid out to bail themselves out of the brasil scandal ... :geek:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL ..Your nemesis will come out and claim he made 1000% in Apple & Google ..I will applaud him if he mentioned that in post #2 of this thread and shut your trap..instead he blathered with you on 1 stock for 10 pages in this thread over 1 year. :notworthy::speechless: I think he is dying for your attention :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I am happy for him that he makes money on US stocks.

Each exchange, each industry and every company has its opportunities. The aim is to seize the opportunities and make profit

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
KC golden era is oredi long done.... and you'll likely not live to see the return of their good old days...
TC pre-mpt offer for KC with a 1 year window... is a message to the KC top mgt to wake up or ship out...
"making $$ and well diversified ???" .... please enlightened further ... keen to know ..
only ah gong will know.... how much they paid out to bail themselves out of the brasil scandal ... :geek:
i see value in KC in the days ahead.And i think if can get 51% of KC at $7.35, TH gets a good deal

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
KC is well diversified and is making money, paying 29c dividend in 2018. Any good company which can get majority share of KC and which can have free hand to restructure KC can reap bumper profits

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see value in SemCorp Marine. I think TH will likely merge KC and SM. so can load up on SM if you have missed KC. I plan to buy SM
Sem Marine's NAV is $1.10. It was traded at $1.13 a month ago. Friday it closed at $1.42. SM has been losing money for the last two yrs. there is potential for it to go down b4 it goes up again. I am waiting for SM to go down b4 buying some

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well ,Those are hopeless SGX penny stocks ... As long as ckmpd can still make a profit from a cesspool of Sinkie stocks , who are we to judge?
DJIA was up 153points

HK is up 173points on the 1st hr today.

If this continues, KC will see a big rise tmrw

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I figure $5.70 is a good buy. Watch KC soar to abt $7
$4 coming :roflmao:
hkr6gaS.png

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
hkr6gaS.png

Temasek's intention is to save Keppel's golf-loving management. We should have no doubt about this.

The dismay-results will trigger a shift of plan. Keppel's gearing is now similar to Hyflux just before Hyflux failed. In addition, Cash-in-hand is about 10% of debts and Keppel can't fetch a good price if she lelong her assets. Temasek will still be back but likely to back a recuse plan like SIA; pumping same amount of money into a rights-issue from Keppel.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
hkr6gaS.png
Temasek made the offer in Oct 2019. Since then many changes with covid causing havoc in many businesses. Kep O&M is bleeding. So is Sem Marine (SMM)

This morning SMM shareholders have voted to approve cutting SMM from SCI. It means, survival of SMM and boom time for SCI shareholders. SCI shareholders will be given abt 4500 shares of SMM for every 1000 SCI shares they hold. It also means $2.1B capital injection into SMM.

Perhaps TH is calling off buying Kep Corp in Oct and is reconsidering cutting Kep O&M from Kep Corp. Kep O&M can then merge with SMM to form a unified rig building company. If so Kep Corp and SCI will surged. Wait for more news in the coming months. Unlike you, I see opportunity to buy Kep corp cheap now. Let the wise buy kep corp at $4.80 now and wait for TH announcement. Kep Corp price will surge beyond $7

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek's intention is to save Keppel's golf-loving management. We should have no doubt about this.

The dismay-results will trigger a shift of plan. Keppel's gearing is now similar to Hyflux just before Hyflux failed. In addition, Cash-in-hand is about 10% of debts and Keppel can't fetch a good price if she lelong her assets. Temasek will still be back but likely to back a recuse plan like SIA; pumping same amount of money into a rights-issue from Keppel.
18,000,000 KC shares traded in 3hrs this morning

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keppel Corp (KEP SP)
Disappointingly, Temasek Withdraws Partial Offer – But Not All Is Lost Temasek announced that, pursuant to KEP’s poor 2Q20 results that were affected by nearly S$1b in impairments, it will invoke the MAC pre-condition and thus withdraw its partial offer for KEP. We had expected a decision after, not before the SCI-SMM EGM on 11 August. We point out that nothing stands in the way of Temasek coming back to the table with a revised offer in the next 6-12 months. Maintain BUY. Target price lowered to S$6.70. WHAT’S NEW • Withdrawal of partial offer. Temasek announced yesterday that, as a result of Keppel (KEP) having breached one of the Material Adverse Change (MAC) clauses at its recent 2Q20 results, it will invoke the MAC pre-condition. As a result, it will not proceed with the partial offer to acquire c.31% of KEP at S$7.35/share. In addition, the Securities Industry Council of Singapore has confirmed that it has no objection to Temasek’s withdrawal of the partial offer by invoking the MAC pre-condition. • A negative surprise. We had expected Temasek to waive the MAC pre-condition and come back with a lower revised price for KEP, assuming that the SCI/SMM EGM to be held on 11 August successfully passes all three inter-conditional resolutions. • Possible rationale for this decision. We can only surmise that Temasek, despite its large balance sheet, wants to conserve cash for its other portfolio companies at present. At the time of the initial partial offer in Oct 19, the world and Singapore was in a much different place given that COVID-19 had yet to rear its head, however, in the past few months, Temasek has had to contend with the capital requirements from SIA and Sembcorp Marine, among others. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic coupled with the downturn in the oil and gas industry – which has affected the Chinese and Korean shipyards as badly as Singapore’s – may have given Temasek cause to believe that it has time on its side to strategically position and consolidate its shipyard investments. But not all is lost since we note that neither the original partial-offer announcement nor the offer withdrawal contained any moratorium clause. Thus, there is a chance for Temasek to return to the table with a revised offer in the next 6-12 months, in our view, assuming that SCI and SMM successfully demerge and that there is no secondary wave of COVID-19 infections. On our estimates, we believe that a revised offer may value KEP at 1.1x to 1.2x P/B, or S$6.29 to S$6.86/share.

If lazy to read the whole thing then just read the last line.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keppel Corp (KEP SP)
Disappointingly, Temasek Withdraws Partial Offer – But Not All Is Lost Temasek announced that, pursuant to KEP’s poor 2Q20 results that were affected by nearly S$1b in impairments, it will invoke the MAC pre-condition and thus withdraw its partial offer for KEP. We had expected a decision after, not before the SCI-SMM EGM on 11 August. We point out that nothing stands in the way of Temasek coming back to the table with a revised offer in the next 6-12 months. Maintain BUY. Target price lowered to S$6.70. WHAT’S NEW • Withdrawal of partial offer. Temasek announced yesterday that, as a result of Keppel (KEP) having breached one of the Material Adverse Change (MAC) clauses at its recent 2Q20 results, it will invoke the MAC pre-condition. As a result, it will not proceed with the partial offer to acquire c.31% of KEP at S$7.35/share. In addition, the Securities Industry Council of Singapore has confirmed that it has no objection to Temasek’s withdrawal of the partial offer by invoking the MAC pre-condition. • A negative surprise. We had expected Temasek to waive the MAC pre-condition and come back with a lower revised price for KEP, assuming that the SCI/SMM EGM to be held on 11 August successfully passes all three inter-conditional resolutions. • Possible rationale for this decision. We can only surmise that Temasek, despite its large balance sheet, wants to conserve cash for its other portfolio companies at present. At the time of the initial partial offer in Oct 19, the world and Singapore was in a much different place given that COVID-19 had yet to rear its head, however, in the past few months, Temasek has had to contend with the capital requirements from SIA and Sembcorp Marine, among others. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic coupled with the downturn in the oil and gas industry – which has affected the Chinese and Korean shipyards as badly as Singapore’s – may have given Temasek cause to believe that it has time on its side to strategically position and consolidate its shipyard investments. But not all is lost since we note that neither the original partial-offer announcement nor the offer withdrawal contained any moratorium clause. Thus, there is a chance for Temasek to return to the table with a revised offer in the next 6-12 months, in our view, assuming that SCI and SMM successfully demerge and that there is no secondary wave of COVID-19 infections. On our estimates, we believe that a revised offer may value KEP at 1.1x to 1.2x P/B, or S$6.29 to S$6.86/share.

If lazy to read the whole thing then just read the last line.

Apparently, the analyst is not in the know.

Instead of Temasek spending $4 billion to increase stakes in Keppel, the plan going forward is to use the $4billion to back a rights issue by Keppel.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, the analyst is not in the know.

Instead of Temasek spending $4 billion to increase stakes in Keppel, the plan going forward is to use the $4billion to back a rights issue by Keppel.
Look at what TH is doing to SCI and SMM. TH may do the something similar for Kep Corp and Kep O&M

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Keppel shares are very much down and likely to stay so for some time, so where is the Missy who started this thread and recommended people here to buy? No updates or further thoughts from her? Or is missy another Ho _ _ _ _ _ who has an excellent track record of buying high and selling low.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Keppel shares are very much down and likely to stay so for some time, so where is the Missy who started this thread and recommended people here to buy? No updates or further thoughts from her? Or is missy another Ho _ _ _ _ _ who has an excellent track record of buying high and selling low.
When I say you stupid, you angry. Keppel, in TH eye's are a strategic asset. They only need to do some business surgery. But I won't tell you what will happen next. You're just too daft.