• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keppel Corp

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Careful sis, you are losing it. You had better not make any stock market moves today , your judgement is somewhat impaired.
I would go further and advise her not to drive, especially since she has run out of the new parking coupons! :p

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just starting out only and don't have much experience so I can't argue or disagree with you here. I've tried a few counters but they have not moved up or down.

you just want to argue or disagree?

if you were wise and had listen to me, you wld have bought Kep corp for abt $5.50 and sell it today for $6.20.

that's the opportunity cost for being argumentative and refusing to take wise advice

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
you just want to argue or disagree?

if you were wise and had listen to me, you wld have bought Kep corp for abt $5.50 and sell it today for $6.20.

that's the opportunity cost for being argumentative and refusing to take wise advice

Again your take on things are skewed. I have never argued with you on this thread. I am nothing if not practical. I may argue with you on other issues but in matters like investments where I am still green I would have no problems taking advice from you.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. Both KepCorp and SembCorp are highly diversified conglomerates with Keppel being the one favoured by the big investors. It should rise smartly quite soon.

Keppel Corp gained a hefty 35c today with massive turnover of 18,000+ lots. More upside tmrw!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit of selling pressure this morning ...profit taking I guess. I'm holding on to what I've got.

A little profit taking this morning is healthy after such a hefty rise, rise of 15% in 8days.

Get yourself ready for another rise all the way to year end

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing has changed about this company,why so excited?it could just be riding the tide of prosperity like the rest of the sg market.fundamentals have not change,orderbook has not change,o&g earnings estimated to be down 80 percent in 2016 from 2014 peak.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing has changed about this company,why so excited?it could just be riding the tide of prosperity like the rest of the sg market.fundamentals have not change,orderbook has not change,o&g earnings estimated to be down 80 percent in 2016 from 2014 peak.

valuation depends on two main factors:
1. current earnings
2. expected future earnings

besides valuations, share price movements depend on market sentiments.

Most rational people are sensible like you and buy when earnings are good.

But the wise investor is one step ahead of rational investors. They buy into the future.

I expect Kep Corp to go up to $6.50

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. current earnings

But the wise investor is one step ahead of rational investors. They buy into the future.

Ah, ''praising'' him so that you can praise yourself even more. What a compliment seeker you are as I've said before.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. current earnings

but i dont predict what the future's gonna be,especially not a single individual stocks.dont get me wrong,im not even excited about keppel as a business,other than the fact it started desperately diversifying the past year or so into real estate,typical PAP GLC they have no clue what to do so they go into real estate to try to survive,its real estate operations represents about 20 percent of its revenues,the other 80 percent still comes from O&G and logistics.u say u invest in its future,what exactly do u see in keppel's future or think is going to happen?is keppel going to stumble upon billions of orders we dont know about?if this is purely a oil play why not invest in oil itself or even oil companies?they are one step down the food chain,even if oil prices recover,keppel may still not recover fully if they dont get any new orders.market sentiments,if u say keppel is a good solid business like coca cola or mcdonalds but the economy is doing poorly at the moment cause its in the business cycle of deleveraging or theres a financial crisis and stocks are selling at discount then its fine to go ahead and pick up some cheap shares.but its not,keppel is just a cyclical business drifiting in the ocean doing nothing even though the economy is doing fine right now.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i dont predict what the future's gonna be,especially not a single individual stocks.dont get me wrong,im not even excited about keppel as a business,other than the fact it started desperately diversifying the past year or so into real estate,typical PAP GLC they have no clue what to do so they go into real estate to try to survive,its real estate operations represents about 20 percent of its revenues,the other 80 percent still comes from O&G and logistics.u say u invest in its future,what exactly do u see in keppel's future or think is going to happen?is keppel going to stumble upon billions of orders we dont know about?if this is purely a oil play why not invest in oil itself or even oil companies?they are one step down the food chain,even if oil prices recover,keppel may still not recover fully if they dont get any new orders.market sentiments,if u say keppel is a good solid business like coca cola or mcdonalds but the economy is doing poorly at the moment cause its in the business cycle of deleveraging or theres a financial crisis and stocks are selling at discount then its fine to go ahead and pick up some cheap shares.but its not,keppel is just a cyclical business drifiting in the ocean doing nothing even though the economy is doing fine right now.

Yes, SG is doing badly. It will get worse next year

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can still make money in this bad economy if one is alert. Seize the opportunity when the window opens and get out once you reach your profit target. Stay alert and nimble

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$6.50? Any reasons why so optimistic on the gain?

1. current earnings