• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kenneth and Reform Party are finished.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the rally speeches from that secret society member and the jobless undergrad that were broadcast to a wider audience through the internet cost RP dearly.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the rally speeches from that secret society member and the jobless undergrad that were broadcast to a wider audience through the internet cost RP dearly.

Was he really a "secret society member"? I don't know. But I agree that projecting successful people speaking for the less successful is the best approach. If you have people who are unsuccessful, how can they ever convince others that they can help them when they clearly cannot help themselves? RP is a totally useless party as it cannot even get this PR issue right.

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
There maybe some elites or new citizens that can understand and empathize with his intellect and ang moh accent. However his chim speeches and arrogance put off the heartlander voters and they choose Lee Li Lian instead.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he continues with his political activities the likelihood is that he will experience further humiliation That, of course, is his prerogative.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must say I never expected Kenneth Jeyaretnam's votes to fall below 2%.

In fact I was sure that there was a constituency of hardcore opposition supporters who were opposed to WP's "mild" and "moderate" approach to opposition. I believed that KJ would lose his deposit but obtain around 6 to 7% of the votes.

It looks like he is finished politically. RP is finished politically. He wasted his opportunity when Hazel, Tony and Nicole Seah left his party. No one will want to join them now. His best chance is to wind up the party and join SDP, or otherwise engineer a merger with one of the smaller parties.

It's ironic how he keeps harping on the fact that he is continuing JBJ's legacy.

JBJ was indeed the founder of RP, but he led the party for only less than 2 years before his death. The fact of the matter is that most voters in Singapore associate JBJ's legacy with WP, as he led WP for 30 years. There are still a lot of JBJ fans in Singapore, but they are giving their votes to WP instead of RP.

waaaaah.......you see Kenneth so up ah..............i honestly thought he won't get more than 50 votes leh.............

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ just does understand what voters understand. Voters don't understand the nature of the IMF loan (which so many proper Western Democracies in debt contributed to), voters don't care if you apologise for the rain (that was the stupidest statement ever) voters don't care if your family is threatened or your son's manlihood is about to be removed.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Worker's Party have been able to adapt themselves to what the voters want.
Some other parties like Reform Party instead of finding out what the voters want, they tell the voters what the voters should want.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey I worked hard to get my (INF) rank hor,,,I think i have posted for nearly 2 years,,,and I wish to thank those that give me points, help me achieve the 'rank' and really appreciate the pointers,,,hope my articles are good enough to gain respect from the decent forumners here,,,but I do know that some PAP IBs are pretty pissed of with me,,,but I hope to write better articles and comments in future,,,

(Inf) is like class monitor. People respect you and add your points to 700 and you become a class monitor. As the class monitor, you have the power to send those naughty boys to detention class for 24 hours. It used to be really hard to achieve this as there was stringent checks on the quality and background of the candidates for class monitor.

But, ever since our boss became a hardcore pap supporter, he introduced the infP system. This is like the GRC system. You got money and connection, you can be a class monitor. Soon, the amount of class monitors became more than the students itself :eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I originally thought RP would get around 5 to 6% due to those hardcore SDP supporters who were upset with SDP not able to contest in the election but as the campaign started going, KJ seemed to have no real campaign platform. The theme "No broken promises" was just that with no substance being expressed, only internal issues and complaints being voiced and negative politicking against WP. That's when I started predicting his votes would drop to as low as 1% as even hardcore, anti-WP SDP supporters would not have voted for such a clueless candidate.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I originally thought RP would get around 5 to 6% due to those hardcore SDP supporters who were upset with SDP not able to contest in the election

me shared similar thoughts, but thought the turning point was when he made mention of the spoilt votes :p:p:p

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I originally thought RP would get around 5 to 6% due to those hardcore SDP supporters who were upset with SDP not able to contest in the election but as the campaign started going, KJ seemed to have no real campaign platform. The theme "No broken promises" was just that with no substance being expressed, only internal issues and complaints being voiced and negative politicking against WP. That's when I started predicting his votes would drop to as low as 1% as even hardcore, anti-WP SDP supporters would not have voted for such a clueless candidate.

What I've noticed is that most 'hardcore' opposition supporters are not SDP supporters. They are simply hardcore anti-PAP and will vote any opposition party in. Given a choice of opposition parties, they know how to vote tactically and simply vote the one most likely to be able to knock PAP off, and not caring about any party identity. Of these people only a very small percentage of them are actively anti-WP and will rather vote another opposition party even if they know the other party has zero chance of winning. We know this number is at most 1.8%, probably much smaller than that.

JesusChrist

There maybe some elites or new citizens that can understand and empathize with his intellect and ang moh accent. However his chim speeches and arrogance put off the heartlander voters and they choose Lee Li Lian instead.

Kenneth has the ability to question the assembly where WP is lacking. That's why you see everyone came up to compete. Strategically wrong.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he did not take part he would still have a political future. Now, his 1.2% (353 votes) can never be lived down.