• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

kenna sue. pls help my fren.

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
longlicky here,

a Very evry good fren of my need help. hope some kind soul can offer advice.

I am not sure about the whole event.

here is all i knw from what he told me.

He is a designer - he service a client (they fren before but no more), a lady client.

he help her to look for contractor too.

after complete. things turn upside down. cleint complain to my fren tile turn colour. cabinet falling etc. fren told her to call the contractor. she called and the contractor never want to pick up. after the contractor never pick up. she called my fren. after 1 or 2 call. my fren stop to oick up her call.

Now he told me the client SMS want to sue him. sue for what he didnt tell me.
he just ask me.

He only design the house and help to look for contractor. what can she sue?

if she want to sue the poor workmanship. will he kenna as well? he is just a designer.

I am not good in Law. but my opinion is i told him since he didnt carry out the renovation work. should not not be scare of her.

so. pal. anyone can help?

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
shld be safe as long as he did not get commission or anything. anyway, why sue is so popular? where got worth the laywer and court fee? only rich peopl can sue as they don't mind throwing away money to take revenge. if want to take revenge, got so many ways besides sue.

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
First thing to ask is if your fren has sexual relationship with client. If yes, no hope, if no, then contact a lawyer. ;P

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
longlicky;39094 I am not good in Law. but my opinion is i told him since he didnt carry out the renovation work. should not not be scare of her. so. pal. anyone can help?[/QUOTE said:
Just follow law lor :biggrin: IF he's the designer, then he can't be made liable.

However, since you don't have the whole story could he have undertaken the rennovation under his company's name? Then he can be sued.

Many designers take on the rennovation contract thinking they can make more from their subcontractor, then end up in similar problem. They should stick to what they know best.. design work and design work only.

Btw, I think it's probably the case cos I don't think the client is dumb enough to threaten sueing him if he's not involved in the rennovation work. Maybe you can find out from him... then question is not whether he can be sued or not, but how to mitigate.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah is there a contract betw him & her - oral or written does not matter. if contract betw her & the contractor - she can fuckoff as she has no locus standi to sue him!! ..... unless she is suing him for all the lousy fucks with pre-mature ejeculations or gave her VD or HIV....

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah is there a contract betw him & her - oral or written does not matter. if contract betw her & the contractor - she can fuckoff as she has no locus standi to sue him!! ..... unless she is suing him for all the lousy fucks with pre-mature ejeculations or gave her VD or HIV....

Oh yah hor. She did not mention what she'll be suing for but i would negate sexual repression based on TS's nick.

Z

Zombie

Your friend had no renovation contract with the client, but if the client believed that your friend was a party to the contract and getting a cut from the contract, because

1) your friend presented himself in such a way to make the client believed so, or

2) your friend knew that the client had mistakenly believed so but chose not to correct the client

and if the client can prove that she signed the contract based on that wrong belief because of your friend, then your friend may be in trouble.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very common in the renovation trade and very complicated for your fren. Because, there are implied terms involved and it also depends at the point of contract - where have been promised and not delivered.

Secondly, your explanation is very brief, as brief as my boxer. Need to know what have been transpired between the 3 parties, no need to tell me because I am not a lawyer.

longlicky here,

a Very evry good fren of my need help. hope some kind soul can offer advice.

I am not sure about the whole event.

here is all i knw from what he told me.

He is a designer - he service a client (they fren before but no more), a lady client.

he help her to look for contractor too.

after complete. things turn upside down. cleint complain to my fren tile turn colour. cabinet falling etc. fren told her to call the contractor. she called and the contractor never want to pick up. after the contractor never pick up. she called my fren. after 1 or 2 call. my fren stop to oick up her call.

Now he told me the client SMS want to sue him. sue for what he didnt tell me.
he just ask me.

He only design the house and help to look for contractor. what can she sue?

if she want to sue the poor workmanship. will he kenna as well? he is just a designer.

I am not good in Law. but my opinion is i told him since he didnt carry out the renovation work. should not not be scare of her.

so. pal. anyone can help?

adv0cate

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehe....if next time he design house again, look for me as the contractor. Workmanship sure 100 times better than his old contractor la... Since we dont know the whole story, ask him call me, i advise him ok? I very good to handle this type of things... :biggrin:

P.S : I'm serious about this. :wink:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the scenario is such:

That contractor did a sloppy job. Client is also picky. Client tries to contact contractor but contractor snubs her. Client turns to designer, in turn, designer could not stand her nonsense and snubs her. In the end, a rotten job and a dissatisfied customer.

What can you do ? Client may have sunken in the money and not having what she had bargain for. How could you help ? Pay you to do further touch up ?

hehe....if next time he design house again, look for me as the contractor. Workmanship sure 100 times better than his old contractor la... Since we dont know the whole story, ask him call me, i advise him ok? I very good to handle this type of things... :biggrin:

P.S : I'm serious about this. :wink:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yah hor. She did not mention what she'll be suing for but i would negate sexual repression based on TS's nick.

No lah, TS is not involved in the three way ping pong. He said his friend is. Probably his friend is "shortl**ky". Therein lies the root of the problem.:p

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bros.

On MSN with him no. i cut a paste to show him all ur reply. here is more detail. i look at the way type till i blur. cant stand and just ask him the detail over the phone.

1. He got design fee from her in cash. no paper sign.
2. He got the contractor for her and he help the contractor fren to gave her the cost. she agree and pay the contractor in cash too. she gave him $ to pass to contractor. no contract sign. he keep telling me she got very very tight budget and yet keep adding thing and willing to pay.
3. She wants cheap marble. he found 1 cheap supplier and she pay in cash too without paper sign. she gave him $ and let him pay to the marble guy.
4. She is rich as told by my fren.
5. I ask him got any more paper sign not. he told me. everything is verbal agreement. and everything in cash.
6. Any commission from contractor? he said no. collect only design fee.
7. one thing he told me is he is the middle man between the contractor and his client. always go to site to check things for her. KNN. so good for fuck with that little design fee.

Thats all i know this far from him.

any more advice?

my 2 cents worth to him is. since everything in cash and no paper sign and no commission. Should not be worry.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral and compassion aside, whether there is black and white or not is immaterial.

When you begin your lawsuit, the first thing for both sides to consider is whether there is a contract. In any law of contract, there are 3 conditions or test to me:

1. Is there an offer or acceptance ?
2. Is there a consideration ?
3. Is there any consent to create legal relation ?

For 1., obviously there is an offer from the designer to do the things (designs and arrange a contractor) and the lady let the job begins.

For 2. There is consideration because the designer and contractor received the payment from the lady. The worst thing is that payment goes from lady to the designer to the contractor. If the designer arrange the lady to transact with the contractor directly, it will be quite a clear cut case between contractor and lady.

For 3., Even though there is no verbal or written agreement in creating a legal relation but the actions and transactions suggest so.

My 2 cents. I believe the lady is looking forward to a total resolution of her problems or woes. I suggest that the designer and contractor sit down and talk to the lady and iron things out. Nobody wins in any lawsuit, only the scums (lawyers) are the ultimate winners.

Thanks bros.

On MSN with him no. i cut a paste to show him all ur reply. here is more detail. i look at the way type till i blur. cant stand and just ask him the detail over the phone.

1. He got design fee from her in cash. no paper sign.
2. He got the contractor for her and he help the contractor fren to gave her the cost. she agree and pay the contractor in cash too. she gave him $ to pass to contractor. no contract sign. he keep telling me she got very very tight budget and yet keep adding thing and willing to pay.
3. She wants cheap marble. he found 1 cheap supplier and she pay in cash too without paper sign. she gave him $ and let him pay to the marble guy.
4. She is rich as told by my fren.
5. I ask him got any more paper sign not. he told me. everything is verbal agreement. and everything in cash.
6. Any commission from contractor? he said no. collect only design fee.
7. one thing he told me is he is the middle man between the contractor and his client. always go to site to check things for her. KNN. so good for fuck with that little design fee.

Thats all i know this far from him.

any more advice?

my 2 cents worth to him is. since everything in cash and no paper sign and no commission. Should not be worry.

Sipahsi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people use the word "sue" as a scare tactic without knowing the full cost and ramifications if they really intend to go through with their threat. Their empty threats are driven by decades of watching too much HK serials.

My guess is that your friend's client is one of those people.

Besides, if that lady does goes through with a civil (though I'd bet money on her not doing so), your friend would be fine if he hasn't signed anything or received any payment on the account of his recommendation of the contractor.

If he ONLY received payment for HIS part of the job (design), then he should be fine. If he did NOT sign anything that makes him liable for the contractor's workmanship, then he's fine. Just ensure that your friend (and the company name he works under) is no more affiliated to the contractor than just someone he knows by name.