• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Keling Researcher Worried That Many Sinkies Are Closet Racists!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20180719_multiracial_today.jpg

SINGAPORE — There are a number of Singaporeans who do not interact with other races, close themselves off to global influences, and are against inter-racial dating, an Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) researcher found, noting that this group of people are mainly Chinese and better-educated, speak English more, and live in private housing.

Their apathy will hinder cohesion in Singapore's multiracial society in the long run, IPS senior research fellow Mathew Mathews said on Thursday (July 19), when he released his findings at a forum organised by IPS and OnePeople.sg, the national body that promotes racial harmony.

This group of Singaporeans mentioned by Dr Mathews was among several he studied, derived from a Channel NewsAsia-IPS survey published last year involving 2,000 survey respondents.

He had categorised the respondents based on five main variables: Consumption of non-Singaporean culture, ethnic pride and performance, inter-ethnic literacy (how familiar they are with other races’ important ethnic and religious beliefs and customs), participation in festivals and activities of other races, and their acceptance of inter-ethnic dating.

They were then grouped into four clusters: The “culturally closed off”, the “cosmopolitan chameleon”, the “informed ethnic insulars”, the “platonic multiculturalists”.

The first group of respondents display traits such as being less open to global influences and culture, not practising their own ethnic festivals and customs as often, and not participating in the customs of other races.

They are also not comfortable with inter-racial dating for their children or grandchildren, and may be less motivated to be “culturally literate or engaged”.

The second group comprises people who do not have a strong ethnic orientation, and are comfortable with their children dating inter-racially. However, they are “not very aware of cultural nuances”.

Dr Mathews said: “Though open to other cultures, they may need help to become culturally literate, if not they might unintentionally offend others.”

Made up of mostly people from the minority races, they speak English more, and are less likely to live in a three-, four-, or five-room Housing and Development Board (HDB) flat.

For the third group, they are more strongly orientated to their ethnic culture. However, they are aware of the other races’ important ethnic and religious beliefs and customs of other races. These people tend to be older, less educated, speak in their mother tongue more often and are less likely to live in private housing.

Getting this group to fully embrace multiculturalism may be an uphill task, but “at least they are not ignorant of differences”, Dr Mathews said. “Based on their passion for transmitting ethnic culture, this group will help sustain and transmit ethnic identity,” he added.

On the other end of the spectrum from the “culturally closed off”, the “platonic multiculturalists” represent the product of Singapore’s multicultural policies, and they are “taught to be open to global cultures, yet share and feel a sense of ethnic consciousness”, he said.

They are both highly aware of different cultural practices and engage in them. Nevertheless, they are not entirely comfortable with inter-racial dating. They are less likely to be Chinese, are more educated and speak in their mother tongue more.

At the forum, Communications and Information Minister S. Iswaran reiterated the need for greater social interactions between different ethnic and cultural groups, so that people can “naturally forge strong bonds regardless of the usual barriers of race, language, or religion”.

“We must ensure that Singaporeans are immersed in a diverse everyday environment, and remain curious about each other’s cultures,” he said. “While cross-cultural engagement is essential… we must also be prepared to take a stand against behaviour that is disrespectful to other cultures.”

Warning of the danger of divisive, inflammatory rhetoric which can quickly spread and cause damage, Mr Iswaran also noted that Singapore’s policies to promote communication, understanding and social interaction between different races and religions remain as “relevant and important as ever”.

On the individual level, everyone must be able “to cultivate a sense of belonging that transcends their ethnic identity, and develop a deep and genuine interest in Singaporeans of other ethnicities”, he said.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...s-could-affect-social-cohesion-ips-researcher

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone who wants to find out just how racist sinkies are should visit this forum. The amount of hate speech here is unbelievable.

If I were to censor culturally and racially offensive posts there would be nothing left. Homophobia abounds too.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is 85% chinese. Its not very diverse. UK has 13% minorities. And its considered a ang moh country.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I want to state on record that I am not a racist. I embrace all people, regardless of race and sexual orientation. :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish i had bigger problems in life to worry about than deal with foreigners and racism all day.

The greatest countries in the world are build on a single race not multiculturalism.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who wants to find out just how racist sinkies are should visit this forum. The amount of hate speech here is unbelievable.

If I were to censor culturally and racially offensive posts there would be nothing left. Homophobia abounds too.

so you wanna close the forum for good?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish i had bigger problems in life to worry about than deal with foreigners and racism all day.

The greatest countries in the world are build on a single race not multiculturalism.

except for india... it's the cesspit of all races, their only ability is to lie and cheat

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The greatest countries are built on single ideology, which works best in homogeneous, single race societies.

Some of the shittiest places in the world, such as the Middle East, Kelantan, Marawi, Aceh, are also based on homogeneous or overly dominant religious ideology.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greatest success comes when shitskins are slaves to fairer skinned human beings. Case and point: the 2018 World cup winning team

Hence, Malays and Indians should be grateful that the racial majority of sinkapore are leading all sectors in this country