• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keling drama queen is very scared that she would be raped in Singapore

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
M

S'porean victim of racist assault at Choa Chu Kang: 'I still have a lot of fear'​

Hindocha Nita Vishnubhai was allegedly kicked and called a racial slur while brisk walking one morning. She and her daughter talk to us about how the Covid-19 pandemic has worsened racist attitudes towards Indians in Singapore.
Lean Jinghui |
clock.png
May 22, 2021, 05:01 PM
collage-5-1.jpg

Singaporean private tutor Hindocha Nita Vishnubhai, 55, was brisk walking along Chua Chu Kang Drive on the morning of May 7, when she was stopped by a man.

She did not know him, nor him, her.
The man confronted Nita, demanding that she pull her mask up.
Nita said that she had been exercising; that was why her mask was lowered.
However, the man then allegedly verbally abused her, used a racial slur and proceeded to kick her in the chest.

WhatsApp-Image-2021-05-18-at-7.21.20-PM.jpeg
Abrasions on Nita's arm on the day of the attack.

The kick toppled Nita, causing her to suffer abrasions and cuts to her left arm.
Nita recounted to Mothership that she was too shocked to react.

Photos of Nita's wound — crusted on the outside but exposing the raw flesh inside — coupled with the horrifying account of the senseless attack were later shared by Nita's daughter, Parveen Kaur, 28, on Instagram and it went viral.
Many ministers, including PM Lee, came out to condemn the racist attack. And on May 11, the assailant was arrested for assault and using racial slurs against a Singaporean woman.
It's been two weeks since the incident, but both Parveen and Nita are still deeply shaken; during our video call, Nita broke down twice as her emotions overwhelmed her.

The aftermath of a racist attack​

Things happened quickly after the incident went viral. Nita said that the police called her down the day the man was arrested.
An investigation officer asked her some questions then brought her to the scene of the assault at Choa Chu Kang.
But it was a seemingly small gesture that Nita still recalls with great clarity: The investigation officer, a Chinese woman, had chosen to sit beside her in the car when they were travelling to Choa Chu Kang.
She was touched.
"After the incident, I felt very sad that I'm ostracised, [an] outcast. I know people fear Indians, and people don't want to come near Indians," Nita said, before pausing to fight back tears.

Referring to the footpath that she takes to work, she added, “Now I fear, I don’t want to walk [on] that side, I walk [on the] opposite side instead.”
Aside from switching her walking route, Nita is now more vigilant about her surroundings, like having eyes on the back of her head, she said.
Her family always assures her that there's no need to be scared, said Nita. Singapore is a fair country and that assault was a one-off incident.

As Singaporean as it gets​

Nita arrived in Singapore in 1989.
And in the three decades that she has called this place home, she served as an Army regular for nine years, lectured at a college, and even gave birth here.
But, even though Nita is now a Singaporean, she is frequently confronted with the clear distinction that some Singaporeans make between being a citizen and being a "true blue Singaporean".
People regularly ask her, rather pointedly, where she comes from, perhaps as a response to her accented English.
Nita said as she teared up again:

And so when she was assaulted at Choa Chu Kang Drive, Nita's first thought was not to seek justice for herself, but to ask, “Why I kena like this", and count her blessings that she only suffered a kick to the chest and not something much worse like a fatal strike to her neck.
Parveen, who only found out about the attack the day after during their Mother’s Day dinner, said that she felt very disheartened and angry on her mother’s behalf.

Nita does not think Singapore is a racist country. However, she feels that some individuals can be very careless with their remarks or are, in her words, "race-insensitive".

IMG_8706-1-1.png
Pictures taken by Parveen when mother and daughter met for dinner.

Racism exacerbated by Covid-19 pandemic​

The attack on Nita was the most violent act of racism that she had ever encountered, but it isn't the only racist behaviour ever done to her.
Being Indians in Singapore, both mother and daughter said that they have been on the receiving end of various insensitive behaviour, in other words, micro-aggression.
Drawing on a past experience, Parveen said that she once received body soap from her best friend for her eighteenth birthday.
Attached was a note which had been meant as a joke: "Because you're Indian".

More physical examples of micro-aggression came from Nita, who explained that the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic and the surge in cases in India have only made these incidents more pronounced.
People would visibly adjust their masks upon spotting her. In the train, commuters would avoid sitting next to her or even get up if she takes the seat next to them.
Parveen has also been questioned on many occasions if she or her family had gone anywhere, or if they had met Indians who had been to India.
She understands that these might be genuine questions that arise from a place of fear, but she is irked by how it feels like racial profiling.

Compassion & kindness: A Singaporean reaction to the assault​

There's some good that came out of this senseless assault.
Parveen and Nita share that they are overwhelmed by the support that they have received from friends, family and even strangers after the incident went viral.
Nita has received over 500 messages from students, friends, colleagues, and bosses — people whom she had worked with in the last 20-30 years.
Some of her students even texted her immediately upon hearing about the attack to ask if she was okay as they were worried for her.

And while the attack on her mother has left her shaken, Parveen is grateful for the friends who rallied around her and for the people who shared her post and talked about it.
Their actions had amplified her mother's story and made her feel seen and heard.
"It gave me a lot of solace that I was not being too sensitive," said Parveen.

The man who kicked Nita has not been charged; when Mothership contacted the Police, we were informed that investigations are still ongoing. However, Nita said that she has forgiven him:

All images courtesy of Parveen Kaur and Hindocha Nita Vishnubhai
Miss Nita,

I would be very scared too and living in fear for the rest of life in Singapore after this traumatic experience in Singapore.
However, instead of living in fear, I would definitely move back to my mother land with all my family in India for good immediately. I would also request the India government to evacuate all the Indians from Singapore.
Lastly, request our Singapore government to facilitate the evacuation, which I think we would gladly to provide at no cost.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
M

Miss Nita,

I would be very scared too and living in fear for the rest of life in Singapore after this traumatic experience in Singapore.
However, instead of living in fear, I would definitely move back to my mother land with all my family in India for good immediately. I would also request the India government to evacuate all the Indians from Singapore.
Lastly, request our Singapore government to facilitate the evacuation, which I think we would gladly to provide at no cost.
indians 99% are dramamama type
haaaa

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope this news go viral in India and show that Ah Nehs are hated in Singapore and racism exists against the Ah Nehs in Singapore.....

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
false flag event orchestrated by themselves to pinned blame on sinkie.

heck, they also blame their own shadow for any cockup, throwing own kid under the bus as well

Yup, the bali guys showed how to treat these types. When they open mouth, tell them stfu.

You will see this pattern across asean hotels. Kpkb loudly when accused, then 'sorry dont call police we pay'....

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg yr pardon!
South Asian talents are not a part of Singapore core, they are here riding on Singapore’s success. Which is ok if they are grateful and contribute to our betterment.
Are they grateful? Think Joey Mendoza and arvind kejriwal.
Contribution to our betterment? They contributed in giving us two covid 19 outbreaks, and an attempt to malign our global reputation with a malicious lie about a nonexistent ‘Singapore variant.’
...............got gratefool yeendians??????????????????????????

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can that be if rapist wear a mask?
First, the rapist must be Covid-19 positive with losing of smell. Secondly, the rapist must be blind or the mask covered his both eyes instead of mouth and nose. Otherwise, no one in minimum sensible mind would rape her