• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kao Ling-feng dies - RIP

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gaolingfeng_main_0.jpg

Cancer-stricken Kao Ling-feng arrives in Singapore for concert, says performing gives him strength

In his heyday in the 1970s and 1980s, Taiwanese singer Frankie Kao Ling-feng was known for his dance hits and energetic performances.

Now 63 years old and stricken with leukemia, he is still singing. He performs here on Nov 16 at Resorts World Convention Centre's Compass Ballroom, along with fellow veteran Taiwanese artists Shen Wen-cheng, Chang Ti and Yeh Chi-tien.

Talking to the local media yesterday at Hard Rock Hotel, he says of the concert: "During my periods of pain, it made me feel that I had something to do, and it gave me strength."

Wearing shades and a face mask which he later removed and sitting in a wheelchair, he sounded a little weak and coughed a few times during the interview, reports ST Communities.

He has undergone three rounds of chemotherapy since his diagnosis last year, and his doctor has recommended another round. But Kao says: "I don't believe I can still count on that to treat my illness."

Ultimately, he adds, neither he nor doctors can give a definitive answer to how he is doing because the cancer is not well understood.

What is undeniable is that Kao has dropped from 76kg to 57kg and his immune system is very weak.

Taiwanese singer Frankie Kao Ling-feng, who was stricken with leukaemia, died on Monday evening. He was 63 years old.

Last edited: