• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JUST IN - Taxes will increase further in Singapore

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
1400x-1.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...says-need-to-counter-rising-wealth-inequality

Wealth Taxes
Singapore needs to guard against rising inequality and is studying options to expand its system of wealth taxes, said the country’s finance minister. “Those who are more affluent should pay their fair share of taxes. One thing is clear: We already tax wealth in Singapore,” said Wong, pointing to various measures like property tax and stamp duties on residential properties. Elaborating later on the government’s thinking, he said: “Whatever we do, we want to ensure number one, that it is an effective way of taxation that will not be easily avoided.” Government officials have been seeking feedback on the business hub’s tax regime, including having conversations on wealth taxes with members of Singapore’s business elite and advisers to the rich, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News this month.

Goods & Services Taxes
As Singapore considers different ways to raise more revenue to fund these needs, Lawrence Wong said a planned increase in the goods and services tax between 2022 and 2025 wouldn’t be deferred. He said Singapore is monitoring inequality closely due to the threat this can pose to society. The government has been intervening to help the lower-income, for example during the Covid-19 pandemic, and is determined to tackle this issue.

Carbon Tax
The government will announce the revised carbon tax rate for 2024 in the budget next year, and indicate what can be expected up to 2030. Wong said the current carbon price is “too low”.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A nation of sheep deserves a government of wolves.

When the economy is in doldrums, the last thing you want to do is raise taxes.

Maybe that's part of the plan in the Great Reset, maybe the govt coffers are empty. :cool:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is no increase then My uncle worlee .where to get back all the free $ given out since last year? Don't take my uncle's cpf money to give them my uncle happy lo KNN they can increase whatever tax they want as my uncle onlee pay alittle while getting more in leeturn KNN

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
1400x-1.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...says-need-to-counter-rising-wealth-inequality

Wealth Taxes
Singapore needs to guard against rising inequality and is studying options to expand its system of wealth taxes, said the country’s finance minister. “Those who are more affluent should pay their fair share of taxes.
Now where have I heard of that lie before? Hmmm......let me see....

Ah yes GCT says GST is to help the poor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How many times will Sinkies fall for this?

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pay And Pay -its engraved in their very name , so is anyone surprised?
You think all these vaccines and mask, sanitisers are free ?

“PAP will give you a chicken wing before elections only to take back the whole chicken” – Chee Soon Juan

They are now putting the heat on the unvax and treating them like criminals -very soon those who do not pay their share of the chickens will be squirming.
Many locals dead from covid already paid with their lives,

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive COE quota drop: https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...r-in-nov-jan-quota-zero-growth-policy-to-stay

For the next three-month quota starting in November, there will be 1,063 COEs per month for cars up to 1,600cc and 130bhp, down from 1,605 now.
For cars above 1,600cc or 130bhp, there will be 1,173 COEs a month, a drop from 1,541.
For commercial vehicles, the monthly COE supply will be 180, down from 230 now.

CAT A Quota -33.7%
CAT B Quota -23.9%
Commercial -21.7%

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All those 'free' vaccines, test kits, masks, tokens, and all that gov dot sg propaganda churned out over the past almost two years? They aren't cheap. :wink:

Time for them to take back the money lah, bodoh. :laugh:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those 'free' vaccines, test kits, masks, tokens, and all that gov dot sg propaganda churned out over the past almost two years? They aren't cheap. :wink:

Time for them to take back the money lah, bodoh. :laugh:

Part of my job function involves delivery so I came to know that more speeding and parking tickets issued lately.

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been through all the stages of 3%, 5% & 7% GST increase. The rich & working class are still doing fine all along. Those on the poverty line always got a helping hand from government or charity organizations. Singapore is after all not so bad country to stay. If those find it stressful, like myself, can always look for greener pasture.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
You pay tax on your income.
Then pay tax to buy the car.
Then pay a tax on the petrol that you pump into it.
And now they want to tax us for burning the petrol.

Just saying.