• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just In - Roy Ngerng has paid $29,000 in costs to Drew & Napier LLC.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Crowd funding is truly a wonderful phenomenon. When the cause is just or an idea is feasible, money is no object.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy would soon be hawking books by the street corner like Chee and JBJ. Looking foward to the day when PAP totally demolishes idiots like Roy and HHH the same way they did to JBJ and Chee. All M Ravi can do is collect his legal fees while putting up a show of providing legal defence. He can't do a damn thing to make a difference.

im ashamed to be governed by a party that is more concerned with demolishing critics then doing right by the people.

Dr Toh Chin Chye:

Mr Speaker, I think fundamental principles are being breached. The fundamental principle is this. The CPF is really a fixed deposit or a loan to Government, which can be redeemed at a fixed date when the contributor is 55 years old. If I were to put this sum of money in a commercial bank and, on the due date I go to the bank to withdraw the money, the manager says, “i am sorry, Dr Toh, you will have to come next year”, there will be a run on the bank! It is as simple as this, that the CPF has lost its credibility, the management of it. This is fundamental. You were taken by surprise by Medisave. Then they say, “6% of your Special Account will be kept for Medisave and you cannot withdraw that, even if you were to die.”

Now I ask the Minister for Health, and I asked him last time, whether his word is binding on future Ministers. Neither will the Minister for Labour’s word be binding on future Ministers for Labour. Can any Government or any Minister guarantee that in future years a law will not be passed that will say, “All Special Accounts in the CPF cannot be withdrawn until you die”? Your Special Account now is up to 10%; 6% Medisave, 4% for what? So unless you use the CPF to buy property, your money is in real danger of being kept under lock and key by others, not under your own lock and key. This is the nub of the problem – the credibility of the management, gradual encroachment into the purpose of the CPF which was instituted really to provide for retirement.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ement-of-it-by-late-dr-toh-chin-chye-in-1984/

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot lah. If we let people withdraw their money any time they like, we would have serious inflation if the government can't pay up. That would be disastrous! Better increase the pace of granting PRs so we can borrow more money to recoup those losses.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot lah. If we let people withdraw their money any time they like, we would have serious inflation if the government can't pay up. That would be disastrous! Better increase the pace of granting PRs so we can borrow more money to recoup those losses.

That sounds like a PONZI scam

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great, now we want to ask LHL what is he going to do with this 'stained ' money?

Give to charity? Keep to himself? This is the case of civil servant taking tax payers to court over government policy of which the tax payers are against it..

Alibaba and his 40 thieves?

Next ask LHL want to try for $500K, next time? Ask the netizens for it?

Source: The Online Citizen Facebook

10806444_10153149396581383_1012591444968949737_n.jpg

Just In - Roy Ngerng has paid $29,000 in costs to Drew & Napier LLC.

End Of Article​

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Great, now we want to ask LHL what is he going to do with this 'stained ' money?

Give to charity? Keep to himself? This is the case of civil servant taking tax payers to court over government policy of which the tax payers are against it..

Alibaba and his 40 thieves?

Next ask LHL want to try for $500K, next time? Ask the netizens for it?

Looking at the support Roy is getting, higher amount the next time. :wink:

Primus

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is broke? :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy would soon be hawking books by the street corner like Chee and JBJ. Looking foward to the day when PAP totally demolishes idiots like Roy and HHH the same way they did to JBJ and Chee. All M Ravi can do is collect his legal fees while putting up a show of providing legal defence. He can't do a damn thing to make a difference.

I have bought a book from JBJ when he was touting his at Raffles Place, years ago & got him autographed it for me. The book is till on the book shelf & still unread, my point is, the money spent was for supporting a cause against an oppressive system in which we live in, not that we do not HAVE A GOOD GOVERNMENT. We indeed need people like these, to remind the government of the day, of they failings, in which their own members would not dare to tell the " emperor" & his offspring & the party...that they are " not wearing an clothes"...:rolleyes:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bought a book from JBJ when he was touting his at Raffles Place, years ago & got him autographed it for me. The book is till on the book shelf & still unread, my point is, the money spent was for supporting a cause against an oppressive system in which we live in, not that we do not HAVE A GOOD GOVERNMENT. We indeed need people like these, to remind the government of the day, of they failings, in which their own members would not dare to tell the " emperor" & his offspring & the party...that they are " not wearing an clothes"...:rolleyes:

Every time I saw him I shook his hand and bought a book and had him sign it. I was amazed how unbroken he was despite all the setbacks. Also amazed how stupid Singaporeans were afraid to do a simple thing like that. It did not matter if you did not believe in everything he did. It did matter that there was someone willing to speak up for your rights.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The least we could do to show our appreciation to Roy after all the travails he's been through for speaking up on our behalf is to vote for him if he decides to stand in the next GE. Those who can chip in financially please contribute to his account.

Heartening to know that in this repressive atmosphere, there are still people – and one so young at that – who are willing to stick their necks out for justice.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every time I saw him I shook his hand and bought a book and had him sign it. I was amazed how unbroken he was despite all the setbacks. Also amazed how stupid Singaporeans were afraid to do a simple thing like that. It did not matter if you did not believe in everything he did. It did matter that there was someone willing to speak up for your rights.

I may not agree with what JBJ but, I admire his spirit & determination to fight for a cause, in which none of the PAP member of parliament have today. The money is for that spirit to fight!...I am not blind to the system...:p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
let play a game: What will PM/Drew and Napier buy with $29,000?

New Condo for sons/daughter?

A lawsuit designed to squeeze money from the common folk to fund the lavish lifestyles of high flying lawyers.

Uniquely Singapore.

ngem80.jpg