• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JUST IN: PM's Lawyers Reject Blogger Roy Ngerng's $5,000 Offer In Damages

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
well he could hv offered more but is pinkie willing to give him a NMP job that can pay back substantially more.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Straits Times

PM Lee rejects blogger's offer of $5,000 as damages
Published on May 27, 2014 8:31 PM

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has rejected blogger Roy Ngerng's offer of $5,000 as damages, his lawyer Davinder Singh said in a letter to Mr Ngerng's lawyer on Tuesday.

This offer is "derisory" and "completely disregards" the gravity of Mr Ngerng's conduct, the undisputed fact that the libel - that PM Lee misapproriated CPF funds - is false and malicious, and Mr Ngerng's "calculated and systematic aggravation of the injury and distress" to Mr Lee, Mr Singh wrote.

"It is clear that your client has always known that the allegation of criminal misappropriation against our client is false, but chose nonetheless to publish it in a sensational manner, so as to raise his public profile and to gain support."

Mr Singh again raised the point that Mr Ngerng's apology, posted on May 23, was completely insincere and "designed to mislead our client and the public", adding that Mr Ngerng had "another agenda".

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is derisory?

Besides fighting a defamation case, still need to learn legal inggrish........KNN

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is derisory?

Besides fighting a defamation case, still need to learn legal inggrish........KNN

de·ri·so·ry
diˈrīsərē,-ˈrī-/Submit
adjective
ridiculously small or inadequate.
"they were given a derisory pay rise"
synonyms: inadequate, insufficient, tiny, small; More
another term for derisive.
"his derisory gaze swept over her"

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My pay is derisory compared to mee siam mai hum.....tomorrow I go tell my boss & he will tell tell I am delirious, perhaps a show to the door will bring me back to my senses.....ha ha ha ha

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source: ChannelNewAsia Facebook

JUST IN: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's lawyers reject blogger Roy Ngerng's $5,000 offer in damages as "derisory". Story to come.

Transgender Loong has taken the bait and will have to answer as to how much taxpayers are paying him for his services as PM, CHairman of GIC, CHairman of PA, Head of Elections Department and Head of CPIB. Without these data it is impossible to ascertain the damages deemed appropriate in his suit. Transgender Loong will also have to answer to his calling cry to buy support and fix his adversaries. Transgender Loong will have to state why someone like him who wants to be in public office and to use the powers therein to buy support and fix adversaries deserves even five cents when someone supposes that he has been less than transparent in how the CPF is used and how much HDB housing prices costs to build.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"It is clear that your client has always known that the allegation of criminal misappropriation against our client is false, but chose nonetheless to publish it in a sensational manner, so as to raise his public profile and to gain support."

It's not an admission that it is false. It's just that it cannot be so easily proved as everything is so opaque. The only inference people derived is that if there is nothing to hide, why so opaque and non-transparent and why keep giving excuses and delay the withdrawal of our CPF funds?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is derisory?

It means that his dick is smaller than..... but Roy Balls is bigger...so, he is crying out loud that...this is unfair & a mismatch!!:biggrin:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pinky is a pig - to reject the amount that is so small it is silly.
relapse soon for reunion with an ahqua

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ground is sweet for Roy, he'll have no worries. He has not done anything wrong in a democracy. To go after someone who chooses simply to ask questions is really low.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah such a high powered word...derisory

But that's from the lawyer. The PM can only chant mee siam mai hum.

With great exuberance he chanted "mee siam mai hum"....the mispronunciation of Mee Siam Mai hiam....you think he can pronounce & know the word, derisory?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the ground is sweet for Roy, he'll have no worries. He has not done anything wrong in a democracy. To go after someone who chooses simply to ask questions is really low.

He should have simplified his question like CSJ & asked " where is my money"?...and point to.......!! maybe that will not be too derisory?