• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

John Tan and Pappies hate WP even more: Workers' Party MPs file parliamentary questions on Keppel O&

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Questions like these makes PAP uncomfortable,,,now wonder Pinky wants to 'Fix' the opposition

Singapore
Workers' Party MPs file parliamentary questions on Keppel O&M corruption case

i
29 Dec 2017 02:29PM (Updated: 29 Dec 2017 10:27PM)

SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party (WP) has filed parliamentary questions seeking to find out more about the massive corruption case involving Keppel Offshore and Marine (Keppel O&M).

On Friday (Dec 29), the party's assistant secretary-general Pritam Singh wrote on Facebook that he, as well as fellow MPs Sylvia Lim and Png Eng Huat, had collectively filed four questions relating to the incident.

Last Saturday, it was reported that Keppel O&M paid US$422 million (S$567 million) in fines as part of a global resolution reached with criminal authorities in the United States, Brazil and Singapore over corrupt payments made by a former agent in Brazil. It was also issued a conditional warning by Singapore's Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB), the conglomerate said in its news release then.

"Amidst the shocking revelation of what must be one of the largest corruption scandals in the history of Singapore's Government-linked Companies, I was most surprised to see the virtual absence of any substantive information on this scandal on the AGC or CPIB websites except a brief media statement on the conditional warning given to Keppel," he said.

It was "even more curious" since the company denied its top executives were involved in giving out bribes for contracts, he added. He noted that the US Department of Justice had uploaded documents on the case to its website.

Advertisement
The questions filed by Mr Singh to Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat relate to issues such as when the Government expects CPIB and the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) to formally complete investigations into the Singaporean individuals involved, as well as how many Singapore Government-linked companies or their subsidiaries have been or are investigated for corrupt practices over the last 30 years.

Meanwhile, Ms Lim asked if the fines paid were part of a three-nation plea bargain agreement involving the US, Brazil and Singapore, and if it is, what are the considerations in reaching such agreements, while Mr Png asked how far back will CPIB go in its investigations since the corrupt practices date back to 2001.

Parliament convenes on Jan 8, 2018.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...parliamentary-questions-on-keppel-o-m-9818780

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...parliamentary-questions-on-keppel-o-m-9818780

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-30_11-2-20.gif
    upload_2017-12-30_11-2-20.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 86

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sinkies don't care about such things. They care more about whether my void deck is clean or not. Whether got sheltered walkway from bus stop to my flat. Whether MP will come and tell neighbor to not play loud music at night. Whether the lifts in my flat are checked by my MP regularly so that I don't have to check. MP can save my life you know? Whether my MP can sing well at RC events. Shake hands don't wash hands after shaking the dirty hands.

Who cares about this KEPPEL thing? Doesn't involve me!

The above is what your man on the street non samster Sinkie will say lah.

All idiots

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've petitioned the authorities to expedite the corruption investigation for the AHTC case. These wankers have caused enough trouble. It's time for them to be hauled off in handcuffs.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Jan 7, Speaker Tan will declare questions on corruption matters will be not allowed for discussion in Parliament.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies don't care about such things. They care more about whether my void deck is clean or not. Whether got sheltered walkway from bus stop to my flat. Whether MP will come and tell neighbor to not play loud music at night. Whether the lifts in my flat are checked by my MP regularly so that I don't have to check. MP can save my life you know? Whether my MP can sing well at RC events. Shake hands don't wash hands after shaking the dirty hands.

Who cares about this KEPPEL thing? Doesn't involve me!

The above is what your man on the street non samster Sinkie will say lah.

All idiots
You speak the truth..70% r like that

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've petitioned the authorities to expedite the corruption investigation for the AHTC case. These wankers have caused enough trouble. It's time for them to be hauled off in handcuffs.

why petition, take things into your own hand, set up a KKK cult and go there do what KKK does. r u can change it to 963 also can. no balls si boh? diam diam lor. stir shit for fark.