• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jogger killed after car veers into sidewalk

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 02 Jun 2012
Yet another fatal traffic accident: Jogger killed after car veers into sidewalk

fatal_accident_at_potong_pasir-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer K noticed that a Toyota Vios had veered onto the pedestrian pathway opposite Potong Pasir Block 101 at about 7pm today (June 02). A jogger was hit by the car, and died on the scene.

This is part of the recent spate of accidents plaguing Singapore roads. In May alone, a cyclist was killed in an accident at Changi while another motorcyclist lost his leg in a collision with a bus. Yet another motorcyclist also died in an accident with a lorry along the Pan Island Expressway.

Said the STOMPer:

"A Toyota Vios ran out of control and hit a gurkha jogger.

"This happened along Upper Serangoon Road, opposite Potong Pasir Block 101.

"I heard a loud bang from my house, and I ran down to see what had happened.

"That was when I saw what had occurred.

"I called Traffic Police, who called for an ambulance.

"The ambulance arrived shortly after.

"But the ambulance personnel covered the body of the jogger with the white cloth.

"The jogger was a Gurkha, and the driver was a young guy.

"The rear bumper of the car was found about 100 metres from the scene.

"The airbag in the car was deployed."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: accident , car
<!--<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
LOL
1%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Cute
1%

Shiok
0%

Fail
1%

OMG
29%

Bochup
4%

Ewww!
3%

So Sad
32%

Enraged
29%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nowadays, every young man thinks that they are some F1 seasoned driver.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn even jogging on sidewalk also can have car knock you down. Basket better stay at home and if you need to drive maybe drive a heavy vehicle preferably a trailer trcuk for eg not motorbikes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meh. That's why I jog in a stadium. The soft surface of the tracks is kinder on your knees too.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the Papzis govt, this cuntry is no longer safe.

Foreign drivers with fake driving licenses from their countries of origin are killing cyclists, joggers and pedestrians!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nanbeh.Old uncle better be careful now. Drive fast also kena killed.Drive slow also kena killed.Don't drive also kena killed.Walked also kena killed.Jogged also kena killed.Run also kena killed. Cycle also kena.Motobike also kena.Cheap cars also kena.Expensive cars also kena. Inside house also kena killed.Outside house also kena killed.In the church also kena.Stay high flats also kena.Stay low levels alsokena. Old also die.Babies also die. Employers also die.Employees also die.

Man eat man.Inside house also die.Fire outside.Fire inside. Please tell me : where got safe? Death is just lurking around and waiting waiting waiting to devour you!

So enjoy every moment of your being alive!!!

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
ITS PAP's fault. Not enuff street lamps, barricades and proper lighting...also years of neglect by PAP cos it was under Chiam has resulted in this?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nanbeh.Old uncle better be careful now. Drive fast also kena killed.Drive slow also kena killed.Don't drive also kena killed.Walked also kena killed.Jogged also kena killed.Run also kena killed. Cycle also kena.Motobike also kena.Cheap cars also kena.Expensive cars also kena. Inside house also kena killed.Outside house also kena killed.In the church also kena.Stay high flats also kena.Stay low levels alsokena. Old also die.Babies also die. Employers also die.Employees also die.

Man eat man.Inside house also die.Fire outside.Fire inside. Please tell me : where got safe? Death is just lurking around and waiting waiting waiting to devour you!

So enjoy every moment of your being alive!!!

Clap clap clap............
This accident cant blame anyone just that very unlucky.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Voting for Sitoh Yiping is damned bad luck. During Chiam See Tong's leadership, potong pasir was a safe haven. Look what happened now after PP people voted for PAP? Good luck, PP will not exist in the next GE, it will be called CCB GRC.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aiyah blame who? death is death. you die your own business. cannot blame anyone lah. the driver who killed also damned sway. the victim also damned sway. death just comes along and grab you away.finish.yes, just like this.finish and vanish from the surface of the earth. so? live and let live lah...

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
One driving instructor told me the increase in all these road accidents goes in tandem with the increase in the number of auto transmission cars on the road. Most of the taxi involved in car accidents are those turbo charged Hyundai Sonata, which can pick up and go much faster than the manual Toyota Crown. If you see a car crashing in the carpark, its almost certain that its a auto transmission car and the driver had either engaged the wrong gear or step on the accelerator.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
One driving instructor told me the increase in all these road accidents goes in tandem with the increase in the number of auto transmission cars on the road. Most of the taxi involved in car accidents are those turbo charged Hyundai Sonata, which can pick up and go much faster than the manual Toyota Crown. If you see a car crashing in the carpark, its almost certain that its a auto transmission car and the driver had either engaged the wrong gear or step on the accelerator.

Agree totally. Witnessed many terrible accidents when driver make mistake with auto transmission cars. The most memorable: when Mum drove the family car right into the Living Room of our semi-D when she step on accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal!!!!!!!

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree totally. Witnessed many terrible accidents when driver make mistake with auto transmission cars. The most memorable: when Mum drove the family car right into the Living Room of our semi-D when she step on accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal!!!!!!!

Nothing to do with auto or manual. No offence to yr mum or any other char bor but women are notorious in this respect since the day we had automobiles.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best preventive measure is to pick up defensive jogging. Trust me, you never know when it will come handy one of these days.