• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joe Biden has Chosen Jamaican-Indian Senator Kamala Harris As his Running Mate

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Virtue signalling by the libtards again. Vagina and minority for the 'diversity'.

Now I know Biden will lose.

https://thedonald.win/p/GcCOEKii/identity-politics-at-its-finest/c/

From 'Indian-American' to 'Black' within a few years. Because black votes matter. :biggrin:

K6qWmwaQ.jpeg
Well said. Ah neh in USA also considered black as in nigger. I think USA needs POFMA

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will ah neh claim to b niggers next?

'One of our own': Indians cheer Biden's pick of Kamala Harris as White House running mate
FILE PHOTO: Democratic U.S. presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden is greeted by U.S. Senator Kamala Harris during a campaign stop in Detroit, Michigan, U.S., March 9, 2020. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/File Photo
12 Aug 2020 11:38PM
Bookmark
CHENNAI: On annual trips to India as a child, Kamala Harris would go for strolls on the humid beaches of Chennai with her maternal grandfather and his friends, listening intently as they chatted about democracy and the need to treat everyone equally.
Harris, born to an Indian mother and a Jamaican father who both immigrated to the United States to study, made history on Tuesday (Aug 11) when US Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden picked her as his vice president.
In a speech in 2018, Senator Harris recalled those early visits to her grandparents in the upscale neighbourhood of Besant Nagar, along the shores of the Bay of Bengal in southern India.
"I was not conscious of it at the time, but it was those walks on the beach with my grandfather in Besant Nagar that had a profound impact on who I am today," Harris, now 55, said in New York.
Her grandfather, who was among millions of people who joined India's independence movement, later became a high-ranking government official.
On Wednesday, reporters and camera crew from local and national news channels crowded into the quiet, tree-lined street where Harris had spent time with her mother's family.
A post box with her aunt's name embossed on it was the last remaining link to Harris's family in Chennai, after the aunt sold her ground-floor apartment.
Postal box with the name Sarala Gopalan, aunt of Kamala Harris, is seen outside Harris' matern
A postal box with the name Sarala Gopalan, aunt of Kamala Harris, is seen outside Harris' maternal grandparents' former apartment which she visited occasionally, in Chennai, India, August 12, 2020. REUTERS/P. Ravikumar
The aunt, gynaecologist Sarala Gopalan, told CNN-News18 that she had been up since 4am local time, after hearing that Biden had picked her niece as his vice president.
"She is very caring and kind to people, and that's what I like about her the most," Gopalan said. "If I send her a message right now saying Kamala I need you, the next day she will be here."
Her uncle Gopalan Balachandran told Reuters partner ANI about her love for both South Indian and American food. Her taste in music also points to her diverse upbringing, he said.
"She likes India, she likes Indian music, but she likes jazz music also."
Gopalan Balachandran, maternal uncle of U.S. Senator Kamala Harris' (D-CA) talks to media outs
Gopalan Balachandran, maternal uncle of U.S. Senator Kamala Harris' (D-CA) talks to media outside his house in New Delhi, India, August 12, 2020. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi
Harris trended on Twitter in India as business leaders and politicians praised her.
"First Indian and Asian woman to get the nomination as official VP candidate. Thumbs up," Ram Madhav, a senior official of India's ruling party, wrote on Twitter.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after a fling with willie brown, then nigger mayor of sf, to get ahead in her political career in sf, she can't stand nigger dicks and marries a white dick trying to becum like angmoh.
1597248493111.png

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something bigger going on here. If this Biden wins then the Indians have a half ah neh in the white house. This is will bring the Indians there closer Modi will cozy up more to US. All is a strategy to counter China.

Anything that screws China is good. Trump screw or this one hammer, its all good news

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something bigger going on here. If this Biden wins then the Indians have a half ah neh in the white house. This is will bring the Indians there closer Modi will cozy up more to US. All is a strategy to counter China.

Anything that screws China is good. Trump screw or this one hammer, its all good news
Biden sucks China cock deep deep and both him and his son are very well incentivized by Winnie Xi.
In short, his personal interest is at stake if Trump wins.

Last edited:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biden sucks China cock deep deep and both him and his son are very well incentivized by Winnie Xi.
In short, his personal interest is at stake of Trump wins.
I'm hoping that should a Trump defeat occur, then the momentum Pomeo and Trump built up cant be reversed by the next administration. It wont serve the next batch in 4 months or 4 years to suddenly reverse course. 75% of US persons dislike China and you cant ignore that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Liberals Happy? Get the black lives matter and Indian American votes

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-kam...ent-e2109284-944c-4053-b506-9735e261e3ff.html

Joe Biden picks Kamala Harris as running mate
https://www.axios.com/authors/newsdesk

Sen. Kamala Harris passionately speaks at a podium with the Joe Biden campaign sign at an event

Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images
Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he has chosen Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as his running mate — the first Black woman to be named to a major-party U.S. presidential ticket, and potentially the first woman vice president if Biden defeats President Trump.
The big picture: Harris was probably the safest choice Biden could have made among his running mate finalists. She has a national profile and experience with elected office, was vetted and tested in the Democratic presidential primaries and can boost Biden's fundraising.
  • To get to the decision, Biden had to move past residual tensions and make peace with a fierce primary competitor.
  • The decision elevates Harris among the next generation of Democratic leaders and could give her a big advantage in 2024, if Biden were elected and decided not to run for a second term.
What he's saying: "I need someone working alongside me who is smart, tough, and ready to lead. Kamala is that person," Biden announced in a statement.
  • "I need someone who understands the pain that so many people in our nation are suffering. Whether they’ve lost their job, their business, a loved one to this virus. This president says he “doesn’t want to be distracted by it”. He doesn’t understand that taking care of the people of this nation -- all the people -- isn’t a distraction -- it’s the job. Kamala understands that."
  • "I need someone who understands that we are in a battle for the soul of this nation. And that if we’re going to get through these crises -- we need to come together and unite for a better America. Kamala gets that."
  • "I first met Kamala through my son Beau. They were both Attorneys General at the same time. He had enormous respect for her and her work. I thought a lot about that as I made this decision. There is no one’s opinion I valued more than Beau’s and I’m proud to have Kamala standing with me on this campaign."
  • "Her record of accomplishment -- fighting tooth and nail for what’s right -- is why I’m choosing her. There is no door Kamala won’t knock on, no stone she’ll leave unturned, if it means making life better -- for the people."
Between the lines: The pick gives Biden a running mate with strong prosecutorial skills, as Harris has proven at Senate hearings and during her strongest debate moments. That could help them make the case against Trump in the fall.
  • But some Democrats will be watching her political skills closely, after her presidential bid fizzled and a New York Times piece depicted a campaign full of bad decisions and backbiting.
  • She has also faced public and private questions from some Democrats about whether she'd be too focused on running for the presidency again, although other Democratic operatives have said the questions about her ambitions have been sexist and inappropriate.
The backstory: Harris, who at 55 is more than 20 years younger than Biden, is a former prosecutor and has been a senator from California since 2017.
  • She solidified her national profile when she grilled Trump administration nominees and administrators, including Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation hearing in 2018.
  • President Obama recognized her talent early on, in 2013 famously calling her "brilliant," "dedicated" and "tough."
She had been seen as a front-runner when she announced her presidential campaign in January 2019, but she was never able to capitalize on the early momentum — except for a brief spike in public attention after her confrontation with Biden over federally mandated school busing at a June debate.
As a presidential candidate, Harris campaigned on a $500-a-month tax credit that she called "the largest working and middle-class tax cut in a generation." She started out as a supporter of Medicare for All, but then switched to an alternative that would have preserved a role for private insurance.
  • In an October interview with "Axios on HBO," she explained her decision: "I heard from people, 'Kamala, don't take away my choice if I want a private plan. Please don't take away my choice.' And I said, you know what? That is fair."
  • "I said to my team, I know we're going to take a political hit for it. ... I knew I'd be called a flip flopper for that."
  • She also said in that interview that "of course" it's different to run for president as a Black woman because in Americans' experience there is "not a reference point for who can do what, there is a lack of ability or a difficulty in imagining that someone who we have never seen can do a job that has been done, you know, forty-five times by someone who is not that person."
Harris has also faced some criticisms based on cases she argued and policies she enacted as California's attorney general:
  • She defended the death penalty as attorney general, despite being personally against it.
  • She didn't take a position on Proposition 47, approved by voters, that reduced some felonies to misdemeanors.
  • She opposed a bill that would have required her office to investigate police shootings.
Reality check: It will be Biden who sets the policies if he wins — but Harris's record will be relevant if she's elected vice president, especially if she takes ownership of specific issues and projects as Biden did when he was Barack Obama's vice president.
  • It will be also be relevant to her own political future.
What's next: Harris's speech accepting the nomination at the Democratic convention will be her chance to introduce herself to an audience of general election voters — and to show how well she and Biden will be able to work as a team.
This Rasta will make pot legal in the whole USA

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah. U think too much. Think too far. Winning and more moneys for campaign matters more. Remember she is one of "them". Some would pay good money to keep the H1B carousel running again. :sneaky:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now dumb fuck article are saying she is African american. Father is ah neh, mother is jamaican. I did not know these 2 countries were in Africa

Commentary: Kamala Harris brings several credentials as potential US vice-president
With less than 90 days until the election, Harris’s selection is bound to excite many Democratic voters and bring intense scrutiny from the Republicans, says Bryan Cranston.

FILE PHOTO: U.S. Senator Kamala Harris holds her first organizing event in Los Angeles as she campa
FILE PHOTO: U.S. Senator Kamala Harris holds her first organizing event in Los Angeles as she campaigns in the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination race in Los Angeles, California, U.S., May 19, 2019. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
Bookmark
MELBOURNE: Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has announced Kamala Harris as his running mate for the 2020 election — the first woman of colour to appear on a major party ticket.

On the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment of the US constitution, which granted women the right to vote, Harris also becomes the third woman to be selected as a major party vice presidential candidate after Geraldine Ferraro in 1984 and Sarah Palin in 2008.

With less than 90 days until the election, Harris’s selection is bound to excite many Democratic voters and bring intense scrutiny from President Donald Trump and his Republican supporters.

WHO IS KAMALA HARRIS?

The 55-year-old Harris is the middle-class daughter of an Indian-born endocrinologist and a Jamaican-born economics professor. She was raised in Berkeley, California, and Montreal, Canada.

READ: Commentary: Why do female political candidates get such a hard time?
As she described during the Democratic presidential primary debates, Harris was part of the Civil Rights-era school bussing program as a child, which involved African American students being driven long distances to a previously segregated school.

This was a point of attack she used during the debates against Biden, whom she said opposed bussing when he was a senator in the 1970s.

In 2003, Harris was elected district attorney of San Francisco, and after adopting a tough-on-crime approach that saw the rate of felony convictions rise from 50 per cent to 76 per cent, she was re-elected unopposed four years later.

FILE PHOTO: Candidates former Vice President Joe Biden and U.S. Senator Kamala Harris take the stag
FILE PHOTO: Candidates former Vice President Joe Biden and U.S. Senator Kamala Harris take the stage on the second night of the second 2020 Democratic U.S. presidential debate in Detroit, Michigan, July 31, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo
In 2010, Harris won her first statewide election as attorney-general of California and after being re-elected in 2014, she won a landslide election to the US Senate in 2016.

Harris is married to attorney Douglas Emhoff and is step-mother to his two children.

Harris brings several credentials to the campaign. As the first woman and first African American ever elected as San Francisco district attorney and California attorney-general — as well as the first African American elected to the US Senate from the state — Harris has been a trailblazer for both women and African Americans.

She also has first-hand experience with government policy aimed at addressing racial inequality in education.

She will almost certainly be called the “law and order” candidate, and as has been seen in the Senate, her courtroom experience makes her a formidable public speaker.

WHAT DOES HARRIS BRING TO THE CAMPAIGN

There are two groups of voters that Biden needs to win over: Whites and non-voters.

During the 2016 presidential election, the PEW Research Centre found that 54 per cent of female voters voted for Hillary Clinton, compared to 38 per cent who voted for Trump.

A look at the deeper demographic data shows 98 per cent of black women and 81 per cent of black men voted for Clinton, as did 66 per cent of Hispanics.

What this means is that without a black or Hispanic candidate on the 2016 ticket, the Democrats still overwhelmingly won those voters. The campaign needs to win over more white voters and non-voters.

Voters go to the polls to vote in US presidential primary election in College Park, Maryland
Voters wearing face masks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus wait to cast their ballots in a long line for presidential primary election voting in College Park, Maryland. REUTERS/Jim Bourg
Just 39 per cent of whites voted for Clinton overall in 2016, with white men choosing Trump by a wide margin – 62 per cent to 32 per cent. Clinton fared slightly better among white women, but more still voted for Trump – 47 per cent to 45 per cent.

In May, Biden pledged to name a woman as his running mate, and following the nationwide protests sparked by the police killing of George Floyd, he came under immense pressure to choose a Black woman.

Faced with a diametric decision, Biden’s selection of Harris tells us his campaign has decided to focus on winning over non-voters. Non-voters are generally less white, younger and more likely to be women and favourable to Democrats.

READ: Commentary: Ticket against Donald Trump in White House race missing boldest choice
Biden may bring in more white voters than Clinton anyway, given his background. Part of his appeal has long been his image as a “regular Joe” from a working-class upbringing. Where Barack Obama was sometimes viewed as aloof, Biden, his vice president, was seen by many as a link to the Democratic Party’s blue-collar roots.

Choosing which group of voters to target is always a gamble, however, because as we saw in 2016, Trump does not need to secure the most votes to win the election. The New York Times has suggested he could lose the popular vote by an even bigger margin in 2020 and still win.

WHERE DOES THE CAMPAIGN GO FROM HERE?

By having a woman on its last two presidential tickets, the Democratic Party is continuing its progressive political shift from the domain of white men — in contrast with Republicans.

Vice presidential candidates have traditionally assumed the attack role in campaigns, allowing the presidential candidate to stay above the political fray, but Trump changed that.

This campaign will be all about Trump, and much of Harris’s focus — and her prosecutorial combativeness — will be aimed at him.

This could prove challenging for the campaign, because as a woman, Harris will be held to a different standard than Trump, Biden and Vice President Mike Pence.

Her greatest challenge could be to overcome any backlash that comes from being too aggressive in her attacks against Trump — similar to what Clinton faced in 2016 — as well as the inevitable sexist media coverage about her clothes, appearance and demeanour.

Kamala Harris speaks on Capitol Hill in Washington
FILE PHOTO: U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) speaks to reporters about police reform legislation at the U.S. Capitol in Washington U.S., June 23, 2020. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/File photo
Perhaps Harris’s greatest attribute — and her biggest contribution to the ticket — is her experience. The biggest criticism of John McCain’s selection of Palin as his running mate in 2008 was that she was not ready to assume the presidency if needed.

Few people will doubt Harris’s capacity to do that should the need arise. And with 77-year-old Biden himself suggesting he may only serve a single term, his vice president could very well become the Democratic front-runner in 2024.

Trump supporters are unwavering, though. Those who will vote for him on election day decided that a long time ago.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like trump is in for a hard time.

In her formal VP announcement, Kamala Harris went hard on Donald Trump

Kamala Harris calls out Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, the economy and raging racial tensions in the US.
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his vice-president pick, Kamala Harris, have made their first public appearance as running mates.

Today, both Biden and Harris spoke from Biden's hometown of Wilmington, Delaware. They mapped out their path to victory in November, focusing heavily on coronavirus, the economy, race issues and, of course, Donald Trump.

Here's what you need to know.

We learned why Biden picked Harris
As speculation dragged on in July, Biden said he wanted to be "simpatico" with his running mate. That is, he wanted someone he could get along with.

Thousands of column inches were burned on which candidate best met that definition, picking apart everything from policy to upbringing to work history.

Today, Biden said it was a much more personal connection that drove the final decision — his late son Beau.

Joe and Beau Biden
Joe Biden previously said the reason he didn't run for president in 2016 was because "my son was dying and he died".(Reuters: Chris Wattie)
Beau Biden died of brain cancer in 2015, an event that has defined much of the former vice-president's late career.

Before his death, Beau and Harris worked closely together as attorneys-general of their states.

"Beau was the kind of guy who inspired people to be a better version of themselves," Harris said.

In this speech, Biden was clear about how much Beau's friendship with Harris, and Beau's respect for her work, had helped influence his final decision.

Prior to this event, the Biden/Harris relationship had been defined by a fiery clash on the debate stage in 2019.

Youtube Democratic Debate: 'That Little Girl Was Me:' Kamala Harris Blasts Joe Biden | NBC New York
Today, they tried to reset the clock by making the central point of their relationship something much more personal than politics.

We'll see how it holds up under inevitable questioning from journalists — and in Trump attack ads.

Rhetoric outweighed policy
In what was essentially a showy introduction, the pair focused on connecting with viewers through emotion, rather than digging into specific policy.

But the stances they did share were telling.

As a presidential primary challenger, Harris fielded criticism from voters for being tricky to pin down on the Democratic spectrum.

A political pragmatist, Harris has a moderate voting record but hasn't shied away from adopting more progressive stances in response to public views, and she has publicly disagreed with Biden on the finer points of policy.

Kamala Harris speaks during a campaign event announcing her as Joe Biden's running mate
Harris dropped hints about how she has tweaked her politics to fit the Biden ticket.(AP: Carolyn Kaster)
It's clear from this announcement that she's willing to take a few steps back into Biden's moderate territory.

On the top issue of healthcare, Harris pledged to "build on the Affordable Care Act" rather than dismantling it, a position she toyed with in her failed primary campaign.

She also ticked off broad Biden platform points like investing in clean energy, rebuilding the supply chain, protecting abortion rights and addressing systemic racism.

Race and gender were mentioned
With so much of the vetting speculation revolving around identity — specifically, the need to balance the ticket with a non-white, non-male candidate — plenty were watching to see how much the pair would lean on Harris's race and gender as qualifications for the job.

While both referenced Harris's identity, neither dwelled on it for long.

Biden mentioned Harris's immigrant parents in describing her as "the story of America".

"But today, just maybe, they're seeing themselves in a new way."

A black and white photo of Kamala Harris as a baby being held by her parents
Kamala Harris is the daughter of an Indian-American mother and Jamaican-American father.(Supplied: Kamala Harris Campaign)
Harris, who generally spoke more about Biden than herself, used her identity to paint the former vice-president as progressive.

She spoke extensively about how the two share a love of family, ending by saying that of all the titles she's held — California attorney-general, senator, vice-presidential candidate — "Mamma-la will always be the one that means the most".

In describing Biden's track record on race, Harris said he was the only leader "who has served beside the first black president and selected the first black woman as his VP".

Choosing to subject a woman of colour to misogynistic, racist rhetoric was something the Biden campaign faced criticism for throughout the vetting process.

On the stage today, Biden addressed some of that directly by saying he would stand up for his running mate.

"You all knew it was coming. You could've set your watch to it. He's already started his attacks," Biden said of President Donald Trump.

"Whining is what he does best. Is anyone surprised Trump has a problem with a strong woman?"

"All of us will stand up for her."

Both went hard after Trump
Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden speaks during a campaign event while Kamala Harris watches on
Because of coronavirus, Biden and Harris took turns speaking at their first event together as running mates.(AP: Carolyn Kaster)
The President wasted no time responding to Biden's announcement yesterday, tweeting out a campaign ad labelling Harris "phony" and a supporter of the "radical left". He followed up by calling her "nasty" during a press conference.

Biden and Harris returned the favour.

The former vice-president asked Americans to recall the violent scenes at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville in 2017, where white supremacists and neo-Nazis gathered to protest the removal of Confederate monuments.

Counter-protester Heather Heyer was killed when one of the white supremacists rammed his car into a crowd.

"At that moment, I knew I couldn't stand by and let Donald Trump — a man who saw 'very fine people on both sides' — continue to attack everything that makes America, America."

Harris didn't let up, arguing that Trump was "the reason" the coronavirus pandemic has spiralled out of control in the US.

"As someone who has presented my fair share of arguments in court, the case against Donald Trump and Mike Pence is open and shut."

Biden will be looking for Harris to prosecute that case to the American public over the next 83 days. Today was a sharp opening salvo.

We know what this campaign will look like
Joe Biden poses with his wife Jill, while Kamala Harris poses with her husband Doug on the other side of the picture
The new normal of the 2020 US election campaign, with social distancing in full effect.(AP: Carolyn Kaster)
Masks on. Candidates standing 1.5 metres apart, never sharing a podium. No stadiums, no spectacle and no crowds.

The speeches still had moments where you could imagine the candidates pausing for rousing applause from a crowd of thousands of supporters.

But the candidates spent more time staring straight down the barrel of the camera, knowing the audience isn't in the room and probably won't be for the rest of the campaign.

There are only 83 days until an election where one candidate wants to "Make America Great Again" and the other's key campaign message is "we can forget about the past four years".

But today's event was just more evidence that America probably isn't ever going back to what was "normal" before coronavirus.

Posted 3h