• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jialat! Netflix Fired Employee who support Ah Guas Bapoks! Samsters support who?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Netflix just fired the organizer of the trans employee walkout​

The company suspects they leaked metrics about the Dave Chappelle special to the press​

Zoe SchifferOct 15, 2021, 2:41pm EDT
acastro_181101_1777_netflix_0002.0.jpg
Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge
Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant, asked not to be named for fear of online harassment. They have been encouraging trans employees and allies to walk out of work in protest of Netflix’s handling of the Dave Chappelle special The Closer. The employee declined to speak to The Vergefor this story.

“All these white people are going around talking to the press and speaking publicly on Twitter and the only person who gets fired is the Black person who was quiet the entire time,” says a former employee in an interview with The Verge. “That’s absurd, and just further shows that Black trans people are the ones being targeted in this conversation.”

The employee was terminated on suspicion of leaking metrics to the press related to the Dave Chappelle special. Those metrics — about how much Netflix paid for The Closer and how many people it reached — subsequently ended up in a report on Bloomberg. While the employee had shared the metrics internally, they spoke out against the leaks to colleagues, worried they might hurt the walkout movement.

The leaking of internal data is highly unusual at Netflix. While the company prides itself on transparency, employees are told that the culture can only thrive when Netflix data remains internal.

A Netflix spokesperson confirmed the employees’ dismissal. “We have let go of an employee for sharing confidential, commercially sensitive information outside the company,” they said. “We understand this employee may have been motivated by disappointment and hurt with Netflix, but maintaining a culture of trust and transparency is core to our company.”

Controversy surrounding The Closer, which was widely criticized by trans activists for being transphobic, has roiled Netflix in recent weeks. The company suspended Terra Field, a trans software engineer who posted a viral tweet thread about the controversy, for attending a director-level meeting to which she wasn’t invited. Field has since been reinstated. The company is now sending employees details about what meetings they’re allowed to attend.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been watching Dave Chappelle for years and he has always been a voice of reason - using humour to highlight racism in America. Especially more so in these past few years, he's become like a Morgan Freeman kind of storyteller rather than a standup comedian.

I've just finished watching his latest Netflix special and I really cannot see why the LBGTQ community is taking offense.

In fact, he told a particularly poignant story about a transgender comedian friend which I felt was quite touching

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been watching Dave Chappelle for years and he has always been a voice of reason - using humour to highlight racism in America. Especially more so in these past few years, he's become like a Morgan Freeman kind of storyteller rather than a standup comedian.

I've just finished watching his latest Netflix special and I really can see why the LBGTQ community is taking offense.

In fact, he told a particularly poignant story about a transgender comedian friend which I felt was quite touching

George Carlin was an even more prolific master of his comedy. Too bad he died already.

Dave Chappelle, just like other nigger comedians, occasionally like to go off a tangent and get into their nigger stories e.g. growing up in the hood, black stereotypes etc.