• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jialat! Many Sinkie Hawkers Throw Ingredients cannot do biz !

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Discarded Ingredients, Heartache, Confusion - Hong Lim Hawkers Scramble Amid Food Centre’s Sudden Closure​

Tanglin Crispy Curry Puff boss: News came in the dead of the night

Apart from losing two weeks worth of business, Hong Lim hawkers like 30-year-old Algin Tan (left in pic), who runs new Western stall Burgrill along with his brother Milton, had to toss away ingredients that had already been prepared in anticipation of the weekend crowd. “We had already marinated meat for the weekend, as there [are more customers on weekends]. I had to throw away [about $300] of chicken, beef and salmon,” he says. “The whole rubbish bin was full.”
While the hawkers can save some of the food for themselves or give it away, “those that can’t possibly be finished” will have to be thrown away, says Algin. For example, he had 22 kg of peeled potatoes with a shelf life of “five days”. It is also presumably logistically challenging to distribute raw ingredients to other people amid scrambling to close shop at short notice.
However, all of the hawkers 8days.sgspoke acknowledged that preventing the further spread of Covid-19 was paramount. Gerald Tang (far right in pic), towkay of Michelin Bib Gourmand stall Tai Wah Pork Noodle, reasons: “The most important thing is to stop the spread.” After discarding his ingredients for the day, the 42-year-old went to “a nearby clinic” this morning to get swabbed before going home. “I still got [my second vaccination] jab to go,” he explains.

Algin, who has also received his first dose of the vaccine, says, “The possibility of getting [Covid-19 isn’t the most worrying part]. The worry is spreading it to family or customers. I live with my sister, who has two young children.”

“I never thought that it would happen in our hawker centre. Everyone has to take serious precautions,” says Khang Huat. Adds Ray stoically, “We still have to hold on [despite the restrictions] no matter what. The whole of Singapore, we have to do our best.”

Photos: Yip Jieying, Florence Fong, Heng Kee Curry Noodle/Facebook, Tanglin Crsipy Curry Puff/Facebook

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a dictatorship, expect to be treated like animals (cue word: 'ringfencing').

“I never thought that it would happen in our hawker centre. Everyone has to take serious precautions,” says Khang Huat. Adds Ray stoically, “We still have to hold on [despite the restrictions] no matter what. The whole of Singapore, we have to do our best.”

Good luck when the pappies won't even mention the origins of Covid-19. :cool:

jw5

Loyal
All this opening and closing flip flopping is damn tough on the hawkers.
The ones who should pay the heaviest price are the rich owners of the ktvs.
However in Sinkieland, it is always the peasants who pay the heaviest price.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's Ok.Hawkers are very supportive of PAP.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many got killed for them to close food courts, markets snd ktv's? Vaccination rate nearing 60% of population. That will halve any fatalities and b6 next month, maybe all will be fully vaccinated.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every hawker will proudly display the photos of MPs or ministers shaking hands or visiting their stalls...and then increase the prices.

Every hawker sure vote PAP...huat ah !!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many got killed for them to close food courts, markets snd ktv's? Vaccination rate nearing 60% of population. That will halve any fatalities and b6 next month, maybe all will be fully vaccinated.

Don't be too sure about that! :biggrin:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
velly goooooooooooooooooood aahhhhhhhhhhh............

don't forget........the business owners are more likely to vote for PAP.............Oppos should prosper in GE2025...........

VIVA COVID-19..................FORZA COVID-19................

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal

Senor

With so many closed
Your Foodie thread will end up reduced FRs

Plz help us
God help us.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wish I was there to help relieve the burdens of the chicken curry noodle stall. Just give me a bowl of the gravy and a few pieces of chicken meat, no need for noodles.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While locals living in HDB suffer, more and more foreigners are living it up in condos/private properties .
60% voted for this, so they deserve it.

carefreeman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those arrogant hawkers with bad altitudes, sell food so ex and have been earning so much all along, it is good time for you all to take a break or maybe a long long break

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your delivery career affected or not…?
I suggest you take up Fellatio as a second skill just in case. It will always be in demand.