• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jeyaretnam joins PSC!

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 25, 2009
Jeyaretnam joins PSC
By Rachel Chang

SENIOR Counsel Philip Jeyaretnam, son of the late opposition leader Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, was sworn in on Tuesday as the 11th member of the Public Service Commission (PSC).

The commission can have between five and 14 members at any one time.

The 45-year-old Cambridge-educated lawyer is a partner in law firm Rodyk & Davidson.

As a member of the PSC, Mr Jeyaretnam will be involved in its task of appointing and promoting top civil servants.

The PSC is also the final appeals body for civil servants who disagree with decisions of lower level personnel boards.

But the PSC's most well-known role is in picking students for its scholarships. These include the President's Scholarship, the Overseas Merit Scholarship and the Singapore Armed Forces Overseas Scholarship.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sold out his father's memory and now taking money from his father's enemies. Traitor.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would look at it this way. We have complained many a time that the PAP govt's money is our money but PAP took it as their own. PJ is paid by our money. I would rather pay him than another Nathan.

PJ (and KJ as well) probably helped JBJ get out of bankruptcy. The state is now refunding PJ for the money given to his dad.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would look at it this way. We have complained many a time that the PAP govt's money is our money but PAP took it as their own. PJ is paid by our money. I would rather pay him than another Nathan.

PJ (and KJ as well) probably helped JBJ get out of bankruptcy. The state is now refunding PJ for the money given to his dad.

Would JBJ son do a Gorbachev? :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What kind of fucked up logic is that? Sad to say, many Sinkies think like you, hence I am sure I must have missed a mass free labotomy somewhere.

Phillip could have earned a living working for other people or starting his own law firm, etc. But to work for his father's enemies is just traitorous. JBJ would not have been bankrupt and would not have needed any support from his sons if the PAP had not gone after him with a vengeance. To say that is right to pay Phillip back now for money he spend on his father is idiotic.