• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious JEM Robinson’s UpLorry!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robinsons to close Jem outlet in August
SINGAPORE - Department store Robinsons will soon be closing its outlet at shopping mall Jem.

The department store announced on Wednesday (May 6) that it would exit the mall at the end of August following amiable discussions with the mall's landlord Lendlease. Discussions have been ongoing since November last year.

The closure of the store, which opened at Jem in 2013, will leave Robinsons with two outlets - at The Heeren and Raffles City Shopping Centre.

Robinsons said its management is "committed to ensuring viable and successful operations in Singapore" and that it looks forward to continue serving customers at its other locations.

The company also said that plans to revamp its e-commerce platform are in the works.

To reach out to more customers online, Robinsons also recently launched its digital Robinsons Department Store on e-commerce marketplace LazMall last month.

Robinsons is not the first department store to experience a closure due to the challenging retail landscape here.

Earlier this year, Isetan shuttered its outlet at Jurong's Westgate mall and Metro closed its flagship store at The Centrepoint last year after five years as the mall's anchor tenant.

Department store John Little closed its last outlet in Singapore in 2016.

Robinsons, owned by Dubai-based Al-Futtaim Group, was established in 1858 by English merchant Philip Robinson and James Gaborian Spicer, a former keeper of the Singapore jail.

Robinsons has been at Raffles City Shopping Centre since 2001 and its 186,000 sq ft flagship at The Heeren opened in 2013.

The department store's flagship outlet was previously located at The Centrepoint for 31 years up till 2014.

The Straits Times has contacted Robinsons for comment.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One uniglo outlet I reckon makes more money than Robinson.
Robinson will try to hang on because it has strong sentiment about Singapore. Honestly, I don't remember when was the last time I stepped into Robinson, I think about 20 years ago.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One uniglo outlet I reckon makes more money than Robinson.

Uniqlo changing rooms are very well-designed, you can have sex comfortably inside one of them according to Jo Teo's recommendations. :biggrin:

CJ9_sHmUkAASGLX.jpg

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
More to come. A total economy collapse. If you are a foreigner, no worry. If is are a Sinkie, kiss your ass goodbye.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The oldest shopping centre finally meets its end. I have fond memories of it in the 70s, especially its big old lift with a gate door and a dedicated Indian lift attendant.

463.jpeg