• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: JB Crimewatch

Summervale and Ginfreely, tks for going the extra mile in translating the text.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

From Malaysia website asking Singapore tourists to be aware of the lists of location below:-

由于地 点靠近、汇 率划算,不 少国人趁着 周末,都会 从狮城到柔 佛新山旅 游、购物, 因此也不乏 遇上匪徒的 经历。最近 短短一星期 内,柔佛新 山更发生2 起掳劫案,震惊坊间。

根据资料显示,柔佛新山一共有10大犯罪黑区,狮城客到 访时,必须提高警惕,小心设防,以免自己被匪徒盯上,成为 目标。

柔佛新山黑区
1.世纪花园 -Taman Century
2.彩虹花园 -Taman Pelangi
3.淡杯花园- Taman Tampoi
4.士古来花园 - Taman Skudai
5.圣淘沙花园 - Taman Sentosa
6.柔佛再也花园 -Taman Johor Jaya
7.百丽宫酒店一带 -??
8.拉庆巴士转换站中心 -Larkin Terminal
9.纽约酒店一代的洗车街 -Car washer nearby New York Hotel
10.新山关卡附近内环路的蚬壳油站 - Shell station near CIQ

Have tried to translate from Ch 8 to Ch 5 but do not know 7. anyone can help?

Thanks for the translation, Summervale.

All, I am a little curious about the Shell Station near CIQ. Isn't it quite busy? Has there been some brazen crimes committed there in the past?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the translation, Summervale.

All, I am a little curious about the Shell Station near CIQ. Isn't it quite busy? Has there been some brazen crimes committed there in the past?

Yes , the kiosk has a few robbery cases and using aids injection to threaten if u didnt hand over the money ...

actually when e kisok is too crowded , u cant see who is coming to u .... but the time u realised , its too late !
So i dun pump at crowded kiosk, detour a bit to pelangi kioks ...

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Err......I think there's no 圣淘沙花园. Taman Sentosa is called 大丰。I know cos I go there once in a while on weekends.....haha....

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pardon me, I cut it from one JB website, thought do not want to spoil the originity.
Taman Sentosa is always my favourite makan and chiong place during my NS days many year ago.

==
===================

June Lim
With the increasing news on crime within Klang Valley, my family & I are now part of the statistics. As hard & as painful it is for me to relate the incident, I feel it's important with the hope that none of you will ever ever be in such horrific situation.

It’s habitual for my husband & I to sit at our porch for our... morning coffee/newspaper as well as evening quality time with our dogs and also with each other.
Tuesday (26 June) night was like any other nights for us. We were sitting at our porch; chatting while surfing the net on our respective phone/laptop.
<Note: We always sit facing the main gate to ensure that we have good view of the road as well as the surroundings>

At approx. 11pm, my husband went into the house to take something from the room upstairs. Out of nowhere, 5 Indian men in ski masks & gloves armed with parangs jumped over our main gate (like ninjas as they were so quiet and only took about 5 secs), I screamed but was immediately shown the parang and taken into the house where my 2yrs old son was (woken up from his sleep but still in a daze). I pleaded for my son’s safety and was allowed to carry him with me upstairs. In the meantime, 3 of the guys already rushed upstairs and held the parang to my husband’s neck. All 3 of us were held in our bedroom while they ransacked the house; demanding for cash & jewellery and threaten to hurt our son if we do not. They even demanded for the key to the Honda. In fear, we obliged and gave whatever we have. Then they wanted to tie us up with cable tie (which they came prepared) but we pleaded not to as we have a young son to care for. Luckily they agreed but said some threatening words and left.

When we replayed our CCTV footage, this whole nightmare lasted for only 7mins from the moment they jumped over the gate and drove off in our car (and there was also another guy waiting in another car, gray/silver Proton Waja) which felt like forever to us.

Please take this as Learnings:
1. Don’t take chances and avoid putting yourself in any risky situation
(In our case, we shouldn’t be siting at the porch so late at night. We took for granted and assumed that our home is and always will be our safe haven)
2. You will never know when a robbery/snatch theft/etc gonna strike
(We thought we have ‘eyes’ on the surrounding but it took only a few seconds for the robbers to jump over the gate)
3. If ever in such horrific situation (which I pray none of you will ever need to go through), stay calm (cry/scream hysterically may aggravate matters)

I thank God that my family & I came out of this ordeal unharmed. Admittedly, emotionally and mentally, we would need time to come out of it which I believe we will with the support from our families & friends.

Please be alert at all times, don't take anything for granted and stay safe, my friends.

Its sad to note that the Safe City Programme in TTDI is not effective and it seems that it is no longer safe to stay in TTDI...

On 2 July 2012 00:17, Margaret Lee wrote:

It saddens me to send you this kind of update almost every other day... :(

Dear Residents/Friends

If you witness any incidents, please please call the police 77270140 immediately. Take note of any details you can.
Try our best to help the victim by alerting the police asap.
OCS Jamil and his team are on the grounds but with leads, they can act faster.

This is not only happening in TTDI but elsewhere as well.

On Thursday evening 28th June about 10 pm, the lady instructor of Learn to Sing academy, next to the former La Manila cakeshop, about to lock the grille, was almost robbed, as a man was trying to force the open the grille which she was about to lock. She screamed n held on the grille, getting bruises on her arms. Fortunately the man then ran off .

Incidents in Kelana Jaya and Taman Tun on 24th June 2012.

Experiencing a robbery/ snatch thief attempt
by Quek Jinn Lin
To Everyone,
Please be careful when you are out especially at dark and quiet areas. This includes both men and women, alone or in groups.
On 24th June Sunday morning, around 4.30am me and my dad arrived and parked in front of Marco’s Pizza opposite Kelana Jaya LRT station. We were planning to catch the shuttle bus at Kelana Jaya Station to the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2012.
We got down and started to walk towards the overhead bridge. After a few steps, we heard motorcycles coming from the back. They rode past us, stopped in front and did a U-turn. There were 4 of them, the pillion riders got off the bikes and started to rush towards us. They were each holding metal motorbike locks. When they got close one went after my dad and started to swing, threaten and push him to between the parked cars. Another came after me, when I realised they were planning to rob us I threw my phone armband which I was holding towards the shop away from them. The one that came after me got a bit angry and kept shouting in Malay “KENAPA BUANG!” all the while waving their weapon over my head while I cowered and tried to avoid in case he manage to hit me. When they realised we had nothing (we were dressed for our run so we didn’t have any bags and didn’t have our purse/wallets), his partner rode over and stopped next to me. He saw my earphones and pulled (I think that was when I lost my shuffle). The one that threaten me hop on to the bike and they rode off. I ran over to check on my dad, he was bleeding and had a cut on the left of his mouth (he got 2 stiches at the first aid vans when we arrived in KL, his shoulder was also hurt a bit – refer to Snatch Thief.jpg attachment). I managed to find my wallet hidden between the staircase bars. Luckily where I threw it, it was quite hidden and they did not manage to take it.
We were quite lucky we didn’t lose anything much monetary wise, and I was not hurt. My dad is also ok apart from the stitches and small bruises. Everyone please take care. Those people out there are now not just targeting women or anyone alone. They even target people in groups of 2 and even with a man present (like me and my dad) and we were not even carrying anything like handbags/backpacks or even wearing any jewellery!
P؃_ØPOST /editpost.php?do=updatepost

==
Err......I think there's no 圣淘沙花园. Taman Sentosa is called 大丰。I know cos I go there once in a while on weekends.....haha....

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Reading the attempted robbery by bogus polis at stulang brought me fresh memories of my first few visit to johor bahru some 15 years ago. Alone and driving back to singapore on jalan skudai at 1230am, i was chased by another car and i reached 180km/hour on some points. The 1400cc jb plate car couldnt catch up with my 1600cc manual sedan. I got away unhurt.

Reading e robberies at taman sutera utama made me sad. It was arguably the safest taman in johor state when it first started. Everyone had good words for it. Now robbers have infested taman sutera utama, which is not a good sign for atas taman like horizon hills, leisure farm or east ledang

Past history does not guarantee future performance. If using the past is a reliable indicator, the richest people in the world would be librarians.

If we are so fearful, might as well sell everything right now and run since especially you have HH and EL units right?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah.....me going to Taman Sentosa 北京楼 this weekend for an uncle's birthday celebration...... Looks like I have to secure lock the steering wheel and pray that all goes well.......haha.....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah.....me going to Taman Sentosa 北京楼 this weekend for an uncle's birthday celebration...... Looks like I have to secure lock the steering wheel and pray that all goes well.......haha.....

this branch quite ok one , have ah neh to look after yr car leh ...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

this branch quite ok one , have ah neh to look after yr car leh ...

Ah.....i c i c.....thanks Sis. First time going to the Taman Sentosa branch, so I din know.... Most times, I visit the Sutera Utama or Johor Jaya branches. I quite like their food. I find their food and Shi Li Fang at Bukit Indah not bad, but rather ex.... Hehe..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah.....i c i c.....thanks Sis. First time going to the Taman Sentosa branch, so I din know.... Most times, I visit the Sutera Utama or Johor Jaya branches. I quite like their food. I find their food and Shi Li Fang at Bukit Indah not bad, but rather ex.... Hehe..

just need to pay parking fee $2 to ah neh ....or if u r lucky , can just park right infront of beijing lou ...
where is shi li fang ?

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

406069_448802768485525_1325284820_n.jpg

KAMI TURUT BERSIMPATI : Seorang warga emas, Tan Kim Chuan, 60 tahun meninggal dunia akibat kecederaan parah di kepala selepas diragut oleh dua lelaki di kawasan parkir motorsikal Flat Padang Tembak, Air Itam, George Town, awal pagi kelmarin.

Menerusi satu rakaman cctv, menunjukkan selepas mangsa diragut dan terbaring, ada 7 orang individu melintasi mangsa ketika itu dan MEMBIARKAN mangsa terbaring TANPA MENGHULURKAN BANTUAN .

AKHIRNYA selepas itu ada 4 orang yang tampil membantu mangsa meskipun sebelum itu diabaikan oleh 7 orang yang "selfish". Bahkan mereka dapat penghargaan khas oleh KM pulau pinang.

Anda masih ingat kejadian di negara China dimana seorang budak dilanggar lori...dan orang ramai hanya melihat kejadian tersebut sementara pemandu lori itu melanggar kanak2 tersebut buat kali kedua untuk membunuhnya kerana tidak mahu menanggung kos perubatan?Ya,Nampaknya Rakyat Malaysia yang dahulunya mengutuk rakyat negara China kononnya mereka kejam dan tidak berhati perut ,nampaknya mula berperangai seperti mereka

Gambar : Pegawai Penyiasat, ASP Wong Yeut Oon tidak dapat menahan kesedihan dan turut menangisi nasib yang menimpa Tan Kim Chuan

p/s:Im thinking,Kenapa tidak dipotong sahaja tangan2 peragut di khalayak ramai supaya menjadi pengajaran kepada peragut lain???Human right???yea ryte...

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

406069_448802768485525_1325284820_n.jpg

p/s:Im thinking,Kenapa tidak dipotong sahaja tangan2 peragut di khalayak ramai supaya menjadi pengajaran kepada peragut lain???Human right???yea ryte...

Constrainted by the law. Judges can only mete out punishments according to what is stated in the law.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S'porean fought JB crooks with baseball bat

THE carjacking and an attempted robbery of Singaporeans in Johor Baru recently may have raised questions of personal safety across the Causeway.

But a Singaporean took matters into his own hands last Sunday when he took on his aggressors with a baseball bat.

The man, who wanted to be known only as Alex, posted on fuckwarezone. com’s online forum that evening that he narrowly escaped after encountering a gang of four men posing as policemen along a road near Stulang Laut.

He wrote that the men, who were riding on two motorcycles, had signalled for him to pull over in his Chevrolet Cruze sedan at about 2.30am, while they stopped at a traffic light junction.

Alex, who was headed back to Singapore via Woodlands Checkpoint, was alone, he told my paper in an interview.

He sensed something amiss but complied anyway, stopping his car by the side of the road.

When he was approached by one of the men, who demanded RM1,000 (S$397) from him, Alex grabbed a baseball bat he kept beside him in his car and hit the man in his face.Alex then sped off, only to be chased by the two motorcycles at speeds of up to 140kmh for about ten minutes.

He got away after one of the motorcycles ran over a pothole.

The men on the other motorcycle then gave up the chase.

He told my paper that he had encountered Malaysian policemen before and “they rode proper police bikes”, unlike the four men, who rode small-capacity underbone motorcycles.

All four men wore civilian clothes, donning vests emblazoned with the word “Polis” in capital letters as the only identifying markings, said Alex. He did not make a police report as he could not recall the facial features of the men nor the motorcycles’ licence-plate numbers.

A Straits Times report last Saturday said that an average of one Singaporean a day falls victim to crime in Johor.

Alex, who is in his late 20s, has frequented Johor Baru for the past two years and always keeps a baseball bat in his car – just in case.

Lawyers told my paper that Alex’s actions were within his rights of self-defence.

“A person is entitled to reasonable steps to protect himself and his property...he did the best thing that he could in those circumstances,” said lawyer Amolat Singh.

But motorists who frequent Malaysia say that wielding a baseball bat may not be the best option.

Mr Chris Ng, who organises frequent road trips to Malaysia, advises motorists to accede to the demands of would-be robbers and “fight back only when you do not have any leeway to move backwards”.

Travelling in groups and avoiding dodgy areas are also recommended, he said.

“When you travel in a group, your chances of safety are much higher.”

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: S'porean fought JB crooks with baseball bat

Brave soul!

But not worth the RM 1K IMHO.

Nevertheless, we need to be on guard against crime anywhere.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: S'porean fought JB crooks with baseball bat

Brave soul!

But not worth the RM 1K IMHO.

Nevertheless, we need to be on guard against crime anywhere.

I keep a long baton stick in my car! U need to get hold something here, unless they got gun then u have to get the most effective weapon..........

RUN!

Drive away! Full speed! If u make commotion many will see and the bad guys will eventually run away.
Watched too much movies, haha. Dun follow my style ok? Not good!