• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

The best way when caught a snatch thief in Malaysia ( esp JB ) is to maimed their legs and hands. The most useless way is to hand them back to the polis. The polis drive them to hospital and give them free medication and tend to their injuries only to show them the back door to return home to recuperate and after MC for 1 week, they are sourcing for new targets

Remember, best way is to maim them. Never be afraid

I don't know what the MY police will do if you hurt the criminal but do not do it in Sillypore. :rolleyes:

Man who punched and fractured gangster's jaw escapes jail

Ong Long Hock, 64, was fined $3,000 and spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.
AsiaOne
Saturday, Jun 23, 2012

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman was fined $3,000 on Thursday for punching and fracturing a gangster's jaw.

The Straits Times reported that he was spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.

Ong Long Hock, 64, had pleaded guilty to causing hurt to Lee Tze Wei, 32, a sales executive.

The incident occurred on Feb 17, 2009 at about 7pm. Ong and his family had drove down to the Punggol Nasi Lemak stall near Tanjong Katong Road.

Ong's daughter-in-law, Delia Chiang Chia Yen, 31, was on the way to queue for food when she was pestered by Lee and his friend.

Claiming to be gangsters, the duo swore at her and her husband. The two men started punching and kicking Ong's son before family members could call the police. A third man also joined in the assault.

Ong tried to break up the fight and was also hit. When the three assailants tried to flee, Ong and his son managed to grab Lee and pin him to the ground. That was when Ong punched him.

"Assaulting him at this point was clearly excessive," said District Judge Toh Yung Cheong, who added that the correct thing to do was to wait for the police to arrive.

But Ong's lawyer, Mr A. P. Thirumurthy, said his client was a victim, reported The New Paper.

Ong told the Shin Min Daily News on Thursday that he had lost five teeth in the fight, and spent $20,000 on dental treatment.

He said he joined in the fight after seeing his son's bloodied face and daughter-in-law's shouts for help. His son and daughter-in-law reportedly lost a tooth each.

The owner of a printing business is married with five children ranging from 37 to 42 years of age.

He says he wished to put the matter behind them and move on.

Lee has also been charged with causing grievous hurt. His case has yet to be heard.

[email protected]

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

The best way when caught a snatch thief in Malaysia ( esp JB ) is to maimed their legs and hands. The most useless way is to hand them back to the polis. The polis drive them to hospital and give them free medication and tend to their injuries only to show them the back door to return home to recuperate and after MC for 1 week, they are sourcing for new targets

Remember, best way is to maim them. Never be afraid

Investor5, while that is a tempting thought, one needs to be aware also, that from being the victim one is then viewed the "aggressor" and the "s@&*bag" will get all the sympathy. A "measured response" to the threat that you "perceived" would put you in "fear for your safety", would more likely be viewed sympathetically by the authorities rather than be 'unjustly' treated after being the victim.
This is a public forum, you need to be more careful with your post. Though most would agree with what you suggested, it's also possible that this is read by "others".

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know what the MY police will do if you hurt the criminal but do not do it in Sillypore. :rolleyes:

Man who punched and fractured gangster's jaw escapes jail

Ong Long Hock, 64, was fined $3,000 and spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.
AsiaOne
Saturday, Jun 23, 2012

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman was fined $3,000 on Thursday for punching and fracturing a gangster's jaw.

The Straits Times reported that he was spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.

Ong Long Hock, 64, had pleaded guilty to causing hurt to Lee Tze Wei, 32, a sales executive.......... Claiming to be gangsters, the duo swore at her and her husband. The two men started punching and kicking Ong's son before family members could call the police. A third man also joined in the assault.

Ong tried to break up the fight and was also hit. When the three assailants tried to flee, Ong and his son managed to grab Lee and pin him to the ground. That was when Ong punched him.

"Assaulting him at this point was clearly excessive," said District Judge Toh Yung Cheong, who added that the correct thing to do was to wait for the police to arrive............his client was a victim, reported The New Paper. .......... He said he joined in the fight after seeing his son's bloodied face and daughter-in-law's shouts for help. His son and daughter-in-law reportedly lost a tooth each.

The owner of a printing business is married with five children ranging from 37 to 42 years of age................ Lee has also been charged with causing grievous hurt. His case has yet to be heard. ........

The victim got "screwed" by the very law that is suppose to PROTECT him and his family. Clearly a 64 years man is PROTECTING his loved ones..... What a farce..... society makes a mockery of what should be 'right' and what is clearly Wrong......

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

same thing in msia. i remember a case one of the public hit the snatch thief and was brought to the court.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Singapore the law sometimes make u wonder why they are there in the first place. I am very surprised the stupid DPP in the AGC actually prosecuted the innocent old man in court rather than issuing him a stern warning in lieu of prosecution in the police station. He or she ( the stupid DPP ) must be hard up for promotions.

Yes I wonder what if that DPP in a similar situation with a similar outcome would say and/do?? "My (elder relative...) / I was only doing what he/I thought was defending my loved ones???? "... So your honour, I / my ( elder relative) should ONLY be praised for his/ my unselfish act!!!!!! NOT fined.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today Highlights.

204054tw6iigy1621qici6.jpg

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cops lowered crime statistics, says watchdog
By Boo Su-Lyn
February 06, 2013

PETALING JAYA, Feb 6 — The police had slashed the national crime statistics by more than half for snatch theft and robbery without firearms from January to October 2011, crime watchdog MyWatch alleged today.

MyWatch also provided the media copies of an internal letter by federal police CID chief Datuk Seri Bakri Zinin that recorded 43,792 cases of burglary and house breaks from January to October 2011, compared to the 30,200 figure publicly released by the police.

“Snatch and robbery without firearms recorded at 17,882 cases, while (the) published PDRM crime index says only total of 7,324 cases, which again has a shortfall of 10,558 cases,” MyWatch chairman R. Sri Sanjeevan said at a press conference here today.

Sanjeevan also urged Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Ismail Omar (picture) to reveal standard operating procedures for arrests.

He added that the police had incorrectly calculated the case-solving rate for 2011 and 2012.

“Example, in a vehicle theft case, it is considered case solved when they discover the stolen vehicle without the suspect being arrested. I believe it’s not what Interpol’s requirement is,” said Sanjeevan.

Sanjeevan said last month that the crime rate had gone up last year, pointing out that the overall vehicle theft had in the July-September period in 2012 risen by 3.5 per cent, or 624 cases, in comparison with the same period in 2011.

He has also said that serious crimes such as criminal intimidation, kidnapping, extortion and causing grievous hurt are classified as non-index crimes, which are not included in the national crime statistics.

The police divide crime into two categories, index and non-index — with the former defined as crime that is reported with sufficient regularity and significance to be a meaningful indicator of the crime situation, while the latter is considered as minor in nature.

Former IGP Tan Sri Musa Hassan, the patron of MyWatch, who was also at the press conference here today, said that the police needed to “get the public to feel (that) crime is going down.”

“If you don’t reveal it (the crime statistics), the public will feel there is something wrong,” he said.

Musa has previously accused the government of hiding facts about the crime rate from the public.

But the police had last August issued a detailed reply to rebut allegations that it had manipulated crime statistics.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

(振林山3日讯)2名持刀匪徒闯入住家,将正在大扫除及清理神桌迎新年的一家6口推入厕所反锁,抢走逾2万令吉财物及一辆迈薇轿车!

匪徒逃走时,屋主及两名儿子持木棒、锄头和铁枝反抗,狂追匪徒并打破匪车的后车镜及侧镜,最终还是让匪徒逃脱。

这起劫案是今早9时30分左右,在振林山先锋园2的努沙柏林迪斯10/7路的一间双层排楼内发生。

屋主小儿子在追匪时跌倒,擦伤腰部和手部,一家人饱受惊吓,年幼的小孙女更是吓得大哭。

向邻居借电话报警

他们失去对外联系的手机和其他轿车的钥匙,只好到邻居家借电话报警,并通知亲友。

屋主小儿子刘振胜(28岁,汽车维修厂东主)今午受《中国报》访问时说,事发时,全家5个大人和1名年仅一岁的小孩都在家,他和太太及女儿在楼上,父母及兄长则在楼下擦神桌和大扫除。

他说,一辆载有3个人的白色本田jazz轿车停在他家门口,父亲还以为对方要问路,讵料车内2名戴鸭舌帽的持巴冷刀男子下车,进入屋内,以华语威胁他们拿出钱财,并把刀架在母亲的脖子上。

“我抱著女儿从楼上下来,其中一名匪徒正好上楼,他要我拿出金条,我说没有,对方挥刀作状,恐吓要杀害我女儿,只好交出所有值钱物件。”

他说,匪徒在屋内搜索10分钟,拿走了两台智能手机、金链、戒指、手提电脑、平板电脑及3辆轿车的钥匙,逃走时开走其太太装有卫星导航系统的白色迈薇轿车,损失总数逾6万令吉。

拆厕所铁枝反抗

匪徒把一家六口推进楼下的厕所,家中男人急思对策,就地取材,拆下卫浴用品的铁枝,进行反抗。

刘振胜说,其中一名匪徒负责拉门,看守厕所内的6人,并不停用巴冷刀砍向厕所门,喝令他们安静,以致厕所门留下斑斑刀痕。

他说,父亲与兄长察觉匪徒逃走时,马上推开厕所的门,大家从厨房找出木棍和锄头,随后紧追,但匪徒急速跳上匪车和太太的车子,分头逃走,他们只来得及打破匪车的后车镜和侧镜。

“我们边喊边追,邻居都好奇跑出来察看,还有人帮我们开车追匪车。”

他说,家中的本田轿车和国产威拉轿车仍停放门口,但车钥匙被匪徒取走;他们在亲友邻居的协助下,到振林山警局报案。

嫌犯估计超过2人

努沙再也警区主任诺哈欣已证实该劫案,指出干案嫌犯估计超过2人,警方已著手追踪嫌犯。

他指出,警方将援引刑事法典第395/397条文(持械行劫),调查此案。

针对屋主拥有全球定位系统的迈薇轿车遭匪徒抢走,是否将有助警方寻找匪徒踪迹,诺哈欣仅回答警方会跟进调查。

事发时,匪徒在窜逃期间,屋主家人曾生气拿木棍和石头砸匪车,诺哈欣呼吁民众,若遭匪徒打抢,最好勿反击,免得激怒匪徒,遭对方持武器对付。

诺哈欣也呼吁华裔民众,在农历新年前夕,记得锁好门户,免让匪徒有机可趁。

3月内发生6罪案

年关将近,先锋园2的努沙柏林迪斯路的破门行窃、抢劫和偷摩哆案频传,3个月内至少发生6宗案件。

住在努沙柏林迪斯路的居民说,根据计算,近期至少有6宗案件发生,上两个星期,其中一户也被匪徒赶入厕所,干案手法非常相似,不排除是同一批匪徒。

他说,虽大多数居民都报案,但一些居民却因损失不大,不愿报案,警方也很少前来巡逻。

刘振胜说,家人在此居住了13年,第一次遇劫,他们打算过年后搬到其他新发展住宅区,没料到过年前会遇劫。

他透露,角头邻居的闭路电视拍到匪车逃走时的情况,匪车相信是使用新加坡注册的假车牌,他们也把资料交给警方处理。

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you talk to anyone who has grown up in JB and Malaysia, this is the only response you will get. To maim the snatch thief. If you dont maim them, they will come another day in another unmarked bike to snatch someone close to you. Snatch theft in Malaysia is not simple robbery. Many victims were dragged and died when their head knocked against the ground.

Last weekend my colleague who was waiting for her G(*&#land bus to pick her up in KL (opp Berjaya Time Square) for return trip to sg was almost a victim of a motorbike snatch theft. But the bangle was too tight and they couldnt snatched it but luckily my friend wasnt dragged (tho she fell and lost her memory)and she was with her mum and elder bro.

In this case, the Saudi Arabian 'hudud' law shd instill fear in the hear and soul of these criminals. For theft they will chop off the hand of the perpetrator according to the law. So if you go to to middle east and see a guy with one arm only most prob he was a thief.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last weekend my colleague who was waiting for her G(*&#land bus to pick her up in KL (opp Berjaya Time Square) for return trip to sg was almost a victim of a motorbike snatch theft. But the bangle was too tight and they couldnt snatched it but luckily my friend wasnt dragged (tho she fell and lost her memory)and she was with her mum and elder bro.

In this case, the Saudi Arabian 'hudud' law shd instill fear in the hear and soul of these criminals. For theft they will chop off the hand of the perpetrator according to the law. So if you go to to middle east and see a guy with one arm only most prob he was a thief.

No lah.... :*:
Under those type of laws, women will have no rights.... among other things :rolleyes:
Don't wish to be political here but certain parties will love to take over MY and decree such laws!
If this happens I will pull out any investments and run as fast as possible :smile:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am not wrong, last year there was a petition by the residents to their MP to look into crimes committed over there.

I was hoping to buy a house in Gelang Patah and tamans nearby cos its still quite cheap. But crime rate there turns me off.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

This case happened up north not in JB.

But it is an example to fight crime over crime.

潜洋楼 挟人质 逼开门.退休警官1枪杀匪

•国内•社会新闻•2013-02-08 17:27•点击数:188•新闻由中国报提供

(太平8日讯)4名印尼匪凌晨蒙面持刀潜入退休警官双层独立洋楼,挟持其媳妇要胁开门,退休警官临危不乱连开两枪,其中一匪中1枪毙命,另3匪侥幸逃逸!

中枪的匪徒身材高大略胖,他在右腹中枪后,与同党一起落荒而逃,逃至屋外约200公尺远的草丛时,因伤势过重不支倒地,被同党弃下后,毙命当场。

据了解,退休警官共开两枪,一枪落空,另一枪射中匪徒。

详细内容,请看《中国报》

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No lah.... :*:
Under those type of laws, women will have no rights.... among other things :rolleyes:
Don't wish to be political here but certain parties will love to take over MY and decree such laws!
If this happens I will pull out any investments and run as fast as possible :smile:

Narmi was referring to snatch theft. Shld include robbers too. And y not subject them to "hudud" law? Act as a deterrent and shame them in public cos they would be armless. Easily spotted. And i bet with 1 arm, they cant commit theft anymore. As quite a no of ppl here said most of these culprits were thrown into jail and after short time were released. So "hudud" law would definitely bring down the crime rate, esp in BolehLand, imo. U should not worry abt ur investments. In wat way catching those thefts, chopping off their arms, wld scare away investors? Maybe it sounds barbaric? But did u notice how those "barbarians" treated those victims?

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

A brave Singapore driver foiled Malaysian bikers' attempt to rob his car right in the middle of a road in Malaysia.

Another motorist who witnessed the incident had uploaded the video capture on his in-car camera on facebook and warned others to lock their cars when they're driving in Malaysia.

The incident happened at 2.23pm on Jan 31, 2013.

The two bikers had approached the Singapore car and opened the front passenger door. One of them then tried to enter, but the video seems to show the driver of the car, dressed in a red T-shirt, coming out of the car before chasing the culprits away.

It is not known if another driver came to his aid, as the man in the red T-shirt is seen standing on another car that had driven up to the opened car door as if blocking the escape route of the biker.

For more info., refer to below address:-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s..._malaysian_bikers_attempt_to_rob_his_car.html

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

(新山讯)根据马来西亚柔佛州警方公佈的数据,去年共有466名新加坡人在州內成为罪案受害者,平均每天超过一人,比起2011年的400人,增加了66人。

柔佛州刑事调查组主任哈欣哈伦说,这些受害者遭遇的案件,包括被攫夺、电单车被偷窃、物品失窃等,其中以电单车窃案居多。

他昨天在新柔警方联合推介防范罪案手册仪式,以及“柔佛州安全运动2"推介礼后,在新闻发佈会上说,数据也显示,去年有24名新加坡人在柔州內犯案,比2011年的9人,增加了13人。

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Narmi was referring to snatch theft. Shld include robbers too. And y not subject them to "hudud" law? Act as a deterrent and shame them in public cos they would be armless. Easily spotted. And i bet with 1 arm, they cant commit theft anymore. As quite a no of ppl here said most of these culprits were thrown into jail and after short time were released. So "hudud" law would definitely bring down the crime rate, esp in BolehLand, imo. U should not worry abt ur investments. In wat way catching those thefts, chopping off their arms, wld scare away investors? Maybe it sounds barbaric? But did u notice how those "barbarians" treated those victims?

Where is the like button? :smile:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Hudud" Law will mean that you will be under Islamic law...
Only eye-witness testimony and confession were admitted. For eye-witness testimony, the number of witnesses required was doubled from Islamic law's usual standard of two to four. Only free, adult Muslim men are eligible to testify in hudud cases. So in a snatch theft or robbery you will need to have 4 muslim men to be your witness... women and non muslim testimony don't count :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudud

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/11/02/hudud-will-affect-non-muslims/

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"Hudud" Law will mean that you will be under Islamic law...
Only eye-witness testimony and confession were admitted. For eye-witness testimony, the number of witnesses required was doubled from Islamic law's usual standard of two to four. Only free, adult Muslim men are eligible to testify in hudud cases. So in a snatch theft or robbery you will need to have 4 muslim men to be your witness... women and non muslim testimony don't count :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudud

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/11/02/hudud-will-affect-non-muslims/

Hmm....didnt u notice narmi and i chose to use open and close inverted comma for "hudud".:rolleyes: Its not easy to implement such law whereby only 60% r muslims in Msia. As suggested by some "ulema", such law only affect Muslims. So, 40% go scot free if caught committing same crime?:rolleyes:

However, i would definitely support any garment who implement such punishment (cutting of hand) for thefts instead of juz fined or throw them in jail. Especially those repeated crime committed by same individual. Strike fear in them! Especially for such scumbag....

Last edited:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm....didnt u notice narmi and i chose to use open and close inverted comma for "hudud".:rolleyes: Its not easy to implement such law whereby only 60% r muslims in Msia. As suggested by some "ulema", such law only affect Muslims. So, 40% go scot free if caught committing same crime?:rolleyes:

However, i would definitely support any garment who implement such punishment (cutting of hand) for thefts instead of juz fined or throw them in jail. Especially those repeated crime committed by same individual. Strike fear in them! Especially for such scumbag....

I will agree that the laws of the land needs to be strong enough to deter and punish those who commits such crimes.
I think what you mean is that the punishment should prevent them from committing the crimes again.
As I mentioned before the police needs to become serious about their work and get the criminals off the street.

However when you guys mention "hudud" type laws especially in Malaysia I will just wish to highlight what it actually may mean.
It is actually a big ongoing debate in Malaysia with PAS wanting to pass this into law if they take over.

The link is an article written by some women - Hudud in Terengganu - A Law to Protect Rapist
http://www.sistersinislam.org.my/news.php?item.300.121

I will just say that I am for strong punishments against crimes but against any islamic laws in secular Malaysia.
I have no wish to pollute the forum with such a heavy topic especially during new year.
Happy Chinese New Year Guys! :biggrin:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did not happen in JB but CCTV and gun saves the day

Robber shot dead by ex-cop after breaking in

IPOH: A robber was shot dead by a former deputy OCPD when he tried to break into the retired policeman’s house at Taman Pegawai Kerajaan, Assam Kumbang in Taiping.

Taiping OCPD Asst Comm Yusuf Mohd Diah said four robbers who were masked and armed with parang broke into the house of former Kota Star deputy OCPD Supt Abdul Jalil Abd Wahab yesterday at about 3am.

Supt Abd Jalil Abd Wahab said the robber had tried to break into his room and he shot him.

“The robber had held my daughter and had her call for me outside my room.

“But I sensed something was amiss from my daughter’s voice so I switched on the CCTV and saw four masked individuals, armed with parang in my house.

“One of them tried to break into my bedroom with his parang and that was when shot him,” he added.