• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Japanese a gracious people ???

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beggars in Singapore definitely a class above all!
FT beggars fly here from China!
Local beggars specify how much you are expected to give!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seen many " homeless and lonely " elderly in McDonald...some just go in and sit down and sleep.Some order a drink and sit there for the whole day...and some even sleep during the afternoons. So far, nobody has yet posted any warning not allowing these elderly lonely people to enter their premises.

Singaporeans are gracious people - more gracious than the Japanese. Or is it just the McD Japanese???

I sat there at the hawker's centre. One elderly man approached me, " Uncle, got one dollar for my meals?". I gave him $2...

I was walking along the mall and one elderly uncle came and asked me to give him some change..He showed me his Linked Card..." no money cannot take bus home..." I spare him $2 and he said thank you very much.

One elderly woman came to my office and said her mother just passed away and she had no money. She asked for $30... I gave her $10...

All these are just small acts of kindness and I have many friends - all Singaporeans - who gave generously to needy Singaporeans. I am convinced Singaporeans are kind -hearted, compassionate and generous people. Do you agree?

I should say you are indeed gracious..praise kopiuncle. I wish you can convey your message to your master :smile:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should buy the guy a meal instead of giving him money. I have worked with these people before in the homeless shelters abroad and with some needy ones here. Mostly they end up using the money to go 4D, ToTo or buying alcohol which is of no use. Buy him/her a meal and you do them more than one good deed.
very truth been doing this

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talk about beggars, my singaporean friend love the new mac pro and new ipad air.
he ask me for money so he can buy it.
he said because i have higher salary than him, i should support him.
since we are buddy buddy.
i would like to know what the forum thinks?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I should say you are indeed gracious..praise kopiuncle. I wish you can convey your message to your master :smile:
Exactly,I can never understand why such a gracious man with a kind heart wants to be a runner IB for PAPs,the greedy who want to suck our blood,shake head!
Kopi has been misled!poor soul,God bless kopi!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
talk about beggars, my singaporean friend love the new mac pro and new ipad air.
he ask me for money so he can buy it.
he said because i have higher salary than him, i should support him.
since we are buddy buddy.
i would like to know what the forum thinks?

i you can spare the cash
just make your buddy happy
you will never regret it..

one day my friend called me and said he wanted to see me - it's urgent
he rushed to my office, and told me his sad story - a financial and personal debacle

he wanted $10K to bail him out....but i told him frankly i could only give him $1 K in cash....
he accepted and rushed off to my bank and cashed out

i discovered later that many of our mutual friends were also very generous and helpful... i knew my $1K will never be returned..
so be it lah..

life is like this....let it be..good or bad nevermind...if you can give a helping hand, just give ( unconditionally )....it is what it is....it's okay if you are cheated
it's okay....if you can afford the extra cash, just give happily....happy deepavali everyone!!!