• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JAL plane on fire at Haneda Airport.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 out of 6 passengers in the Nippon Self Defence Force plane up lorry. Only pilot survived

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is most likely the fault of the Air Traffic Controller (ATC). Landing planes will always have priority to the runway, so, that Coast Guard plane shouldn't be there. Either there's a mis-communication between the Coast Guard plane's pilot and the ATC, or, the latter must have fucked up in giving the wrong instructions to the pilot of the Coast Guard plane to stay away from the runway. The black box will reveal the truth.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 out of 6 passengers in the Nippon Self Defence Force plane up lorry. Only pilot survived
So huge plane only so few passengers?
Can you clarify your statement?

Total how many passengers were there?
You said 6 and 5 out of 6 up lorry means 1 passenger survived but you said only 1 pilot survived? Means the pilot is also the passenger? :thumbsdown:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
So huge plane only so few passengers?
Can you clarify your statement?

Total how many passengers were there?
You said 6 and 5 out of 6 up lorry means 1 passenger survived but you said only 1 pilot survived? :thumbsdown:
That plane is the smaller Coast Guard plane. Its main role was to send relief supplies to the victims of the earthquake.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah...bad omen...
Not really. This incident reminds me of the crash of RSN Courageous with an Indo cargo ship near Pedra Branca on 3 Jan 2003 whereby a couple of our Navy women were killed. That was also just after the new year. The navy chief then was Lui Tuck Yew. At about the same time we were also saying goodbye to President Ong Teng Cheong. Singapore survived and is still “prospering” (from influx of Cecas)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a video showing the positions of the aircraft on the runway, not sure legit vid or not. The JSDF plane looked like in the wrong position. I suspect JSDF pilot is not familiar with the airport layout and took a wrong turn. btw, I'm not a pilot and not familiar with airops but froom the video the airport layout is a horrible design with the takeoff runway at an odd reclaimed land with a narrow entrance at the point next to the landing runway