• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ITT: Ban bets for the 2012 US Presidential Election

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
I promise to keep this OP updated till November 6

Hello Kopitiam,

Having read this forum since its Delphi incarnation last century, I am more than amply aware that posters here like to talk as though they have perfect geopolitical understanding, and suffer the presence of their ignorant fellow posters only with the greatest of reluctance.

Since we cannot, in fact, all be correct in our predictions, I thought a little game of betting bans would spice up our 2012 election watching. Enjoy that gambling tingle that all Asians love so much, and maybe land a ban on some of your hated forum enemies at the same time!

I think 3 month blocks of bans are probably a reasonable minimum quantum to work with. Personally trying to place 2 years up, and I know we have people in the forum with some convictions, so please let's see them!

Post in this thread to pick a side (Democrat/Republican). If you don't state otherwise, I'll simply match you with the oldest open slot on the opposing side. If you have a specific forummer in mind, please state so in your post and I'll book you exactly.

Format - Username [Months ban offered] (Counterparty)

Obama wins:
Xisiqomelir [24] (Cruxx)

Romney wins:
Cruxx [24] (Xisiqomelir)

Will a moderator please confirm that they'll enforce the results? It would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, boss. Forget all the fact-checking and witty ripostes. US presidential elections are ultimately determined by campaign budgets.

famous last words that went through Rove's head when Ohio was called........! :p

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there

1. Hope your counter party will honour his bet. :wink:
2. Heng no one betted against me. :biggrin:

Well, the candidate who spent more $$$ on this election campaign did win. But I'll honour my bet anyway. Cya guys in 24 months time! (No, I won't do something as bo liao as creating clones :biggrin: )

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, the candidate who spent more $$$ on this election campaign did win. But I'll honour my bet anyway. Cya guys in 24 months time! (No, I won't do something as bo liao as creating clones :biggrin: )
OK, who will take over the posting "Who did he/she vote for?" :smile:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boss you're right, if we look at Obama's 2008 & 2012 campaign budgets compared to his rivals.

C u in 2014. I believe this is the 3rd time I say bye bye to u liao. :biggrin: